Marvel Universe stuff

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
I'm not blaming him, but he's still a tool. There's nothing likable about his Peter Parker. He's just a scrawny douchebag. You could be correct in saying that it's largely the director's fault, but I don't even like the way he looks. Nothing about him says "Peter Parker" to me.
Hey, I don't disagree, but fix the blame where it should be: Robert Orci.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well, who do I blame for the way he looks? His genetics? I don't particularly care to examine it that much.I just don't like him. Moving on...

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm not blaming him, but he's still a tool. There's nothing likable about his Peter Parker. He's just a scrawny douchebag. You could be correct in saying that it's largely the director's fault, but I don't even like the way he looks. Nothing about him says "Peter Parker" to me.
ROFL, you're in the minority. The question was just asked in one of my Facebook/Comic groups and Andrew/Emma won in popularity hands down over Toby/Kirsten.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Sounds like the shit Leo went through when he started breaking out. He's just a guy. Get over it.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
ROFL, you're in the minority. The question was just asked in one of my Facebook/Comic groups and Andrew/Emma won in popularity hands down over Toby/Kirsten.
Actually if this forum is any judgment (and I feel like in general, it lands pretty well on point with movies), none of us are in the minority. It's split pretty close to 50/50. Which is a far cry from most good movies(actors) where the entire board loves it(him), and there are just a couple/few idiots spewing their shit opinions like that fucktard who loves the prequels. The Edge? I don't remember. But now that I think of it, I may recall you being one of those idiots.

And nothing I've posted has defended Tobey/Kirsten, or attacked an actual pairing of Andrew/Emma. It was simply saying Andrew sucks balls. I love Emma Stone as an actress, despite her being in a shit movie like ASM/ASM2. Kirsten has always been meh, and Tobey is also fairly meh. But I'm glad your facebook/comic group had a good time, can I get the minutes of that meeting?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Kirsten Dunst will always be the best Mary Jane because of that awesome wet t-shirt scene in Spider-Man. That was every high school kid's dream, right there.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
New alternate version of Gwen Stacy is the best one so far imo.
rrr_img_77187.jpg

At first it sounded silly, the whole spider-verse thing I hate, well in general I actually loathe spiderman and all the stupid plot points that get reconned 2 years later so they can do a silly villian of the month, i pretty much hate him as much as generic superman.

But this new take on Gwen, sure why not.

Oh and since this is the Marvel thread, Thor 1 gets released this week, maybe we'll see Lady Thor and why Thor can't be Thor, or they'll drag it out.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
New alternate version of Gwen Stacy is the best one so far imo.
rrr_img_77187.jpg

At first it sounded silly, the whole spider-verse thing I hate, well in general I actually loathe spiderman and all the stupid plot points that get reconned 2 years later so they can do a silly villian of the month, i pretty much hate him as much as generic superman.

But this new take on Gwen, sure why not.

Oh and since this is the Marvel thread, Thor 1 gets released this week, maybe we'll see Lady Thor and why Thor can't be Thor, or they'll drag it out.
I'm actually really enjoying Spider-Verse and it's incorporation into Superior Spider-Man. Looking forward to when it flows into Amazing in a few weeks.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw GotG again last night at the theater because my dad wanted to go, so I appeased him and went with. It definitely wasn't as good my 2nd viewing in an empty theater. There were a total of 4 people sitting in there, so there wasn't any of the louder laughter that opening night had for me. Plus, I knew the different jokes that were coming. My favorite scene was definitely Groot doing his bam bam thing after spearing 5 guys through the chest and using those guys to beat down a bunch of other guys.

Anyway, with that in mind, I'm revising my list. While yes, the movie was still good, I'm now dropping it from #2 to #4. The reason is I still feel awesome about watching Cap 2, Avengers and Iron Man at home alone, and after last night's experience, I don't think Guardians will hold that for me. There were too many slow plot building sequences which were great for the first viewing, but not as important for subsequent attempts.

My list, good to bad:
1.) Captain America 2
2.) The Avengers
3.) Iron Man
4.) Guardians of the Galaxy
5.) Iron Man 2
6.) Iron Man 3
7.) Thor 2
8.) Captain America
9.) Thor
10.) The Incredible Hulk

Keep in mind that this is my own personal list. You're welcome to argue with it, but that's how I feel.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You could at least try to rank Cap1 higher than IronMan3, if not just to give Marvel praise for condensing the horrible origin story of Cap1, actually good, incorporating all the silly wartime sillyness, cliches, stupid costumes, and making a stupid character like Cap, cool and relevant.

Note i do not hate on ironman, he actually was one of my fav characters in the 90's to the point that i made a clay sculpture of the mark ix for art class. (didn't get a high grade btw, teacher thought it was too simplistic, no facial features, wtf he's wearing a metal helmet!)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I think my issue with Cap 1 was the Red Skull, and how he was portrayed. I also REALLY didn't like the whole racing the car scene at the end of the movie. Overall, the story was pretty slow, but that's understood being the origin story and all. They just did such a much better job on #2, that #1 is abhorrent in comparison. I got more enjoyment out of Iron Man 3, despite all of the shit I didn't like about that movie.

Human_Torch_Promo.jpg

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Ethan Hawke Reportedly Up For Doctor Strange

Marvel has been courting Joaquin Phoenix to take the title role in the upcoming Doctor Strange film since before San Diego Comic-Con, but have had quite a bit of trouble getting the three-time Academy Award nominee to sign on the dotted line. Last we heard, Phoenix was in final negotiations but was reluctant to sign on for a handful of reasons, from the famous multi-picture contracts Marvel requires of its stars to the fact that he?s never acted in anything quite like a big budget superhero blockbuster before.

Now, it looks like the studio may have finally given up on the persnickety actor and might have taken the deal elsewhere. The news doesn?t come from an official source, but rather from the website This Is Infamous, so take it with a massive grain of salt. That being said, their sources claim that Phoenix is out of the equation and Ethan Hawke (The Purge, Boyhood) is now in talks for the role.

Hawke?s name was tossed around early on in the casting process thanks to his role in Scott Derrickson?s Sinister, but he was overshadowed when bigger and far more buzz-worthy names like Phoenix, Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy were tossed into the mix. However, according to the new report, he was offered the role on Friday, accepted the coveted gig over the weekend and has now ?progressed into contract talks with a six-picture deal? on the table from Marvel.

The Sorcerer Supreme would undoubtedly be Hawke?s biggest role to date, so it?s no surprise that he would take the offer. I personally never thought Phoenix would choose to do the role, not only because he passed on playing Lex Luthor in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice but because he?s very picky about his work and likes his creative freedom. For better or worse, that?s just not how things really work over at Marvel.

As I said, this is still just a rumor until we get a more official report. However, it does make a lot of sense, and it?s definitely not the first time we?ve seen this kind of thing happen with superhero movie casting.

Tell us, do you think Ethan Hawke would be a good fit to play Doctor Strange? Or would you rather see Joaquin Phoenix in the role? Let us know in the comments below, and stay tuned to We Got This Covered for more news about the casting once it breaks.

Doctor Strange is set to hit theaters on July 8th, 2016.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Almost anyone but Phoenix is a relief to me. Not that I don't think he can play the part, but because I can't see him being thrilled about reprising the role multiple times, when they needed him to. I am not a fan of Phoenix at all, but I actually really liked his performance in Her (where he pretty much was the entire movie), so I think he would have done a fine job. But I'd hate to see Marvel encounter difficulties because he's a pain in the ass to work with. This is great news for me.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I always liked Ethan Hawke, he's usually pretty good in what he does, just hasn't been the best at choosing his movies. I think he would do a good Dr. Strange.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Adding my own because what the hell:

My list, good to bad:
1) The Avengers
2) Captain America 2
3) Guardians of the Galaxy
4) Thor 2
5) Iron Man
BIG GAP
BIG GAP
6) Iron Man 3
7) Thor
8) Iron Man 2
9) Captain America
10) The Incredible Hulk

I hate Captain America...and the fact that they were able to make me really like The Winter Soldier speaks to how great that movie was. I didn't like Iron Man 2...I'd rather watch Tony Stark's battle with his own mortality than that. Anyway...I've enjoyed all of the movies. But, to me, the top 5 are all great and I'll watch them whenever they're on...and I'm not going to get mad at anyone for reordering that list. I just see a clear divide between those 5 and the other 5, though.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's funny, there's a sort of reverse backlash on Iron Man 3 I'm noticing lately. When it first came out it got a lot of hate, but as we get some distance from it I think people are watching it without the elevated expectations and enjoying it for the movie it was and not the movie they wanted.