Marvel Universe stuff

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Doubt it.
tongue.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The last three Spider-Man movies were on par with Catwoman and they still made bank. Though they are trending pretty sharply down so that's promising. Sony is banking really heavily on a franchise that they are absolutely destroying.

A lot of people thought today's big announcement was going to be Spidey coming back to Marvel in some form, some folks were disappointed. Saw a post that I agreed with though that basically came down to "They don't need him right now, but they really might in 2020 when this latest slate runs it's course."

Devlin

Golden Squire
Is it wrong to worry above all things that something could happen to me and I die before this all plays out?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I vote Emily Blunt for Carol Danvers. She was already in consideration for Black Widow wasn't it? Except she had to make stupid Gulliver's Travels instead.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
First I'm like emily blunt? Quick google shows me some skirt in that chick flick the devil wears prada? Like wut? Then i see edge of tomorrow and I'm all like hells yeah give me some full metal bitch up in the mcu.

link

Edit:
Fail at linking from my phone but it looks like she probably will be. She was marvel's first choice for black widow and offered the role of agent carter in capt america/etc.

Juvarisx

Florida
First I'm like emily blunt? Quick google shows me some skirt in that chick flick the devil wears prada? Like wut? Then i see edge of tomorrow and I'm all like hells yeah give me some full metal bitch up in the mcu.

We're Calling the CAPTAIN MARVEL Casting Right Now | Newsarama.com)

Edit:
Fail at linking from my phone but it looks like she probably will be. She was marvel's first choice for black widow and offered the role of agent carter in capt america/etc.
Emily Blunt was a badass in Looper and Edge of Tomorrow. I'd be thrilled with that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
DC, step your game up...

fuck DC, they'll just fail at everything now trying to play catch up.

Marvel will be a year later with their "female" movie, WW is slated for 2017, but holy shit, who doesn't think that shit is gonna with that gal gadot and now they want a woman director and the bitch from the hurt locker is in contention.

Movies is all marvel, DC should just give up. (marvel comics still sucks tho, ain't a single issue of anything worth reading, but i guess that's for the comic thread).

Caliane

Suicide Squad, though.

Marvel should have shot back with Thunderbolts or something.

Or branched out to younger markets with Powerpack, or younger AND female with Ms. Marvel. (Kamala)

Caliane

They're doing Captain Marvel (Ms Marvel).
yeah. but what I am saying is.. even Captain marvel is more of the same. big blockbuster action movie. flying brick. even if its a female one.

A Ms. Marvel movie, featuring the 16yr old Kamala, would be a young adult/kids focused movie on High School. Alot more like Spiderman.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thank god they are not doing that shit.

The fucking comic is hipster trash
You can pretty much guarantee that Kamala will be in the Captain Marvel movie. This is like the big breakthrough movie feminists are waiting for and it would be a crime against humanity if she didn't show up.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
As cool as all of this is... I, for some reason, can't bring myself to give a shit about Ant Man. I am a huge comic book type and I have never even bothered to waste my time with Ant Man. At least I am sure the movie will be cool to watch though!