Marvel Universe Stuff

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
SJ with a little (very little) scoop on Infinity War (video skips to relevant part).

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Followup blog by Jeremy Renner about how he keeps getting mistaken for a crew member.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The close to that was actually pretty good. I like the "off the cuff" kind of messups. It worked well.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sony will fuck it up, Carnage is already a villain that doesn't do much beside rampantly murder people. He'll get gutted somewhere along the way when some exec wants to make it pg-13 or the studio will just do what it naturally does and makes him uninteresting or the classic "introduce the villain in the last 20 minutes of the movie".

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I hope they don't push Carnage into the Venom movie. That should be a sequel somewhere down the road. Not all at once. This is the Marvel universe, not DC. Get out of here with that DC thought process of needing everything in a single movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
DC3INqfXkAAUms8.jpg:large

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It turns out they filmed the new ABC series, Inhumans out here on island. I wish I had known, or I would have tried to get a look at the set. They're doing Jurassic World right now. I'm not really interested in that, but Chris Pratt... Hmm...

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's been a bit since I watched IM3 but didn't he just get the shrapnel removed? The Arc Reactor "socket" is useful for like, everything he does, so it would make sense to keep it even though he doesn't require it to live anymore.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I only know Carnage from the cartoon and he could easily easily easily be done without stupid murder.
Venom is complex enough to be tricky, but the two could piggyback on the explanation to save origin storytime.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It's been a bit since I watched IM3 but didn't he just get the shrapnel removed? The Arc Reactor "socket" is useful for like, everything he does, so it would make sense to keep it even though he doesn't require it to live anymore.

When the options for chest decoration are an awesome looking miniature reactor or a shallow pit slowly filling in with scar tissue the choice is easy.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I only know Carnage from the cartoon and he could easily easily easily be done without stupid murder.
Venom is complex enough to be tricky, but the two could piggyback on the explanation to save origin storytime.

? Carnage's whole thing is extreme acts of violence. He's supposed to make Venom seem tame.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Isn't Carnage's origin story that the Venom symbiote gave birth while breaking Brock out of prison and the newborn symbiote latched on to a homicidal maniac serving consecutive life sentences for cartoonishly evil things like burning an orphanage down?

Carnage seriously has absolutely no depth as a character, it's just HERP DERP IMMA MURDERIN PEOPLES, and despite being the symbiote being a newborn it is somehow so strong that it takes Spiderman, Venom, and the Fantastic Four working together to stop him.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only time Carnage had remotely any depth was AXIS carnage and that's a more ridiculous take on the character of him learning to be a hero with his super murdery ways. He's just a relic of the edgy early 90's point in marvel when everything went full edge lord in an attempt to cash in on counter culture and the success of Spawn, I've never understood his popularity.

Image-471.jpg