Marvel Universe Stuff

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This is a situation where I'm totally fine with them sticking to the ethnicities in the comics as closely as possible. Part of the concept of the New Mutants was that they were so different and unfamiliar with each other and their customs.

I'm actually most excited about Anya Taylor Joy playing Magik though. Magik is the character I liked the most from the comics when she finally reached her full potential, and Anya has a weird hotness to her no less. I'm least excited about Arya to be honest. She was perfectly cast in GoT early on as a kid, but fuck I can't stand her anymore. I'll clearly watch this anyway, and maybe she'll surprise me with being able to play someone different, but I have a feeling she's going to act just like Arya except maybe(?) with an accent? Probably a terrible one. Sort of the same way I hated Sansa as Jean Grey.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is a situation where I'm totally fine with them sticking to the ethnicities in the comics as closely as possible. Part of the concept of the New Mutants was that they were so different and unfamiliar with each other and their customs.

I'm actually most excited about Anya Taylor Joy playing Magik though. Magik is the character I liked the most from the comics when she finally reached her full potential, and Anya has a weird hotness to her no less. I'm least excited about Arya to be honest. She was perfectly cast in GoT early on as a kid, but fuck I can't stand her anymore. I'll clearly watch this anyway, and maybe she'll surprise me with being able to play someone different, but I have a feeling she's going to act just like Arya except maybe(?) with an accent? Probably a terrible one. Sort of the same way I hated Sansa as Jean Grey.
Magik fucking over any "new mutant" to get her soul back... "thumbs up"

Magik as just a fucking transport system?... stupid, the Queen of Limbo is nothing more than xman Uber.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Might as well quit watching X-men movies, Simon kinberg taking over and directing the X-men Dark Phoenix

If you dont know who he is, he wrote Fantastic 4, Jumper, x-men Apocalypes, Xmen The Last stand, This means War, XXX state of the union, Mr and Mrs Smith

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why did you stick Mr and Mrs Smith in there? It's like ending on a passable note.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I thought they had signed him on a while back but apparently it's been in the negotiation stage this whole time.

It's hard to take it as either a good or bad sign really, though I would probably err on bad. Kinberg is a guy who has had his fingers in so many projects and they run the gamut from complete garbage to truly excellent. There's the garbage list that Homsar put together and at the other end there's things like Logan, Deadpool, The Martian, X-Men DOFP & FC . But he was a producer for most of that and that's not always a role that has a lot of creative input on a film or tv show. It's depends on how hands-on any given producer chooses to be once a director is chosen. He's worked on so much stuff for a relatively young guy that I tend to think he's more hands-off than on.

I hope he's good. But if he's a hack then I hope this movie bombs sufficiently to leave no doubt about that. The guy is plugged in pretty tightly at Lucasfilm and it's been rumored that he would get to helm one of the Anthology movies for a while now. If he isn't any good then maybe demonstrating that sufficiently here will get his name out of the hat over there.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
she woulda been a better Jean Grey with that hair
3cc138826ffc40b6569eeb2ed1038b3a.jpg

instead they give her the role of the bitch that covers up her hair, da fuq?

Royal

she woulda been a better Jean Grey with that hair.

If they were gonna skip forward about 20 years from Apoc and recast all of the youngsters she would. And I really wouldn't have had a problem with that. It's not as if Sophie Turner is some rare acting talent.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If they were gonna skip forward about 20 years from Apoc and recast all of the youngsters she would. And I really wouldn't have had a problem with that. It's not as if Sophie Turner is some rare acting talent.
just put her in a phoenix egg

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm actually upset that they are going to do Dark Phoenix with this fucking cast. I have never liked Sophie Turner much (don't hate her), and I think she's a terrible Jean Grey. This just assures that I'll never get to see a well-done version of this story before I die, barring major breakthroughs in anti-aging technology of course.

And I know, I know, maybe it will be good! No, it won't, not with Turner and JCunt etc. Speaking of, no fucking Wolverine in the story will be interesting. And by interesting I mean shitty.

If they had a great cast Dark Phoenix would be my #1 storyline I wanted done, and then they could easily follow that up with the Brood, particularly if New Mutants does well at all with the "horror" angle.

Royal

If they had a great cast Dark Phoenix would be my #1 storyline I wanted done, and then they could easily follow that up with the Brood, particularly if New Mutants does well at all with the "horror" angle.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see the Brood brought to the big screen but with the Aliens franchise restarted and actively cranking out movies it would only highlight to general audiences the rip-off that it originally was. Though it would probably have a better chance of being a modern take on Aliens done right than anything Ridley Scott has in mind.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm actually upset that they are going to do Dark Phoenix with this fucking cast. I have never liked Sophie Turner much (don't hate her), and I think she's a terrible Jean Grey. This just assures that I'll never get to see a well-done version of this story before I die, barring major breakthroughs in anti-aging technology of course.

And I know, I know, maybe it will be good! No, it won't, not with Turner and JCunt etc. Speaking of, no fucking Wolverine in the story will be interesting. And by interesting I mean shitty.

Just watch this instead?

11075header_banner4523965.jpg

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just watch this instead?

11075header_banner4523965.jpg
Well yeah, that's much better, but you know how it is, I'd love to see some good live action versions of some of these stories.

Royal Royal I thought of the Aliens angle too, and it would probably get blasted for exactly the reasons you said, but fuck it, I liked that storyline. It doesn't matter anyway, they either won't ever do it, or it will suck ass like this Dark Phoenix film probably will and I'll just be upset about it.

Man, I'm salty today aren't I?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Don't get me wrong I'd love to see the Brood brought to the big screen but with the Aliens franchise restarted and actively cranking out movies it would only highlight to general audiences the rip-off that it originally was. Though it would probably have a better chance of being a modern take on Aliens done right than anything Ridley Scott has in mind.
Ms Marvel is tied with the Brood, maybe they'll try to spin that somehow.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Wait, What? Sony Says Venom Is Part Of The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Sony’s gearing up to get a project off the ground featuring the character, with Tom Hardy taking the lead role, but we’ve heard numerous times now, from numerous people, that Venom is going to be placed in a separate cinematic universe, one that the studio’s also going to throw Black Cat and Silver Sable into. And that’s just the start. From what we understand, Sony is looking to build their own Marvel universe populated by numerous Spider-Man characters. Sounds great, right? Sure, aside from the fact that Spider-Man himself won’t be involved. That’s because this cinematic universe is separate from the MCU. Or is it?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just thought about a way that EVERYTHING said about Spider-Man could be true. He's in the Marvel universe, and he's also in the Venom / Silver Sable universe.

Spider-Man is doing great during the Infinity War. This is after Homecoming takes place. But during Infinity War, Thanos "banishes" him to another world with his gauntlet. This other world is the Venom / Silver Sable world. So yes, he will have existed in two worlds. He just won't have the power to toggle back and fourth between them.