Marvel Universe Stuff

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Wait, wait, wait.

Milana Vantrub/Lily Adams will play one of my favorite joke characters, Squirrel Girl. Holy shit, fuck yes.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brad2770

Wait, wait, wait.

Milana Vantrub/Lily Adams will play one of my favorite joke characters, Squirrel Girl. Holy shit, fuck yes.

Where was this information? My son would love it!

Awhile back in Boyscouts, he had a chance to win tickets to a Marvel movie and to win them, the kids had to name the strongest mutant. My son said Squirrel Girl, but lost to a kid that said Phoenix (Dark Phoenix). He was disappointed.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Awhile back in Boyscouts, he had a chance to win tickets to a Marvel movie and to win them, the kids had to name the strongest mutant. My son said Squirrel Girl, but lost to a kid that said Phoenix (Dark Phoenix). He was disappointed.

Congrats, your kid is smarter then the stupid fucks running the contest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
sorry about stan's wife...

my grandparents died exactly 2 weeks apart- grandmother died first due to getting pnumonia while recovering from knee surgery, my grandfather- who had cancer- and was just an ornery guy, just gave up when that happened, and went downhill fast. they had been married about 60 years-with her nagging him every step of the way...fred how many beers have you had, fred what are you doing, fred get me this.....

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Nice. The AT&T girl is Squirrel Girl. At least we have some eye candy.

• 1Solidarity

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Avengers-Infinity-War-Thanos-Black-Order-D23-Reveal.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Marvel produced the Ed Norton Hulk movie and it's definitely considered part of the MCU (unlike Ang Lee's). They even advertise it as such on their Blu-ray releases. Paramount only has distribution rights to the property. They sacrificed any creative control they might have had when they failed to produce a second Hulk movie in the allotted window.

But Ruffalo is probably right in that there won't be another standalone anytime soon. Why would Marvel spend the time and resources producing a movie that they would have to split the revenue from when they can just keep using the character in the way that they are doing and keep it all?

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Curious if it's the rights to Hulk or Banner Hulk, because they could just run the Amadeus Cho version of Hulk or maybe She-Hulk since it seems they'll be killing off/swapping out the majority of there roster after Infinity War. I do find it mind blowing with all of those new Marvel shows they are kind of running out of A and even B list heroes, we might start getting some really obscure stuff in major films.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Long watch with shitty production value, but when you mentioned She-Hulk I couldn't help but think of this. I'm so fucking glad the MCU has limited its "diversity" to supporting characters so far, because if they followed the comics it would be a vastly different, and shittier, universe. I used to like her character back in the day too.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
They had a good idea for an arc going into her new series, instead of anger triggering hulk or in Jen's case just always having control over the transformation her anxiety was now the trigger it seemed. I even liked the scarred grey hulk look from Civil War II after the Thanos incident, but he is correct in that all of her supporting cast are bad gay tropes which at this point the gay best friend is almost the new century blackface. Meanwhile the pacing of that new book was beyond awful, every issue had a good cover and you'd read it and not one transformation or her doing anything she-hulkish it was just Jen, the slow burn doesn't work in comics based around a character that is first and foremost known for her confidence in being in her transformed state. Cho is the new Hulk and is in control of the transformation, you can't have them both and still be interesting without watering down the core concept behind the character.

I'm hoping whoever takes over next can salvage it and have a villain that uses War Machine's death against her while maybe she deals with being unable to be a lawyer due to it. Maybe have her defend a superhero that causes the death of someone she knows under the same circumstances that she lost Rhodey. Either way they kinda shit the bed with what was potentially a good arc for a character that I think has been sat on for too long.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

What the fuck I swear to god someone posted this exact situation before. Like literally, some dude said his kid named Squirrel Girl and lost to a kid that said Phoenix.

After spending 10 seconds thinking about it, it was probably you sharing the story when it first happened.

• 1Worf

Brad2770

Yeah, I had posted it before. Just great news because my son loves that character. Never would have thought she would have been brought to live action.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Problem with badguys like the one on the right is that they would be too powerful in actuality so they're dealt with almost always by being easily defeated to showcase the awesomeness of the hero.