Marvel's Agent Carter

Caliane

That program is the precursor to the one that creates Black Widow. But yeah same basic schtick. That kid is too old to be Natasha though.

I do like what they are doing with Howard Stark to bridge the gap between WW2 and the present day. Obviously as we get further and further from the 1940s it gets harder to maintain the links some characters have with that time period.
too old, or too young.
Comics Natasha would be 18-20 during this.

Cybsled

Ya, it isn't Natasha. But I could easily them eventually creating some tie in (relative or some connection to Natasha's mother eventually).

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like how they're showing that Leviathan clearly hasn't been perfected by this point. Dottie may be great at fighting and espionage, but between her handcuffing herself to her bed and her pretending to be Peggy, there's obviously something a little off about her.

Cybsled

The handcuff thing I almost took to be a "comfort" thing...she was so used to it as a kid that she keeps doing it to help her sleep. The Peggy bit I just saw as the fact that her identity is whatever it needs to be, which is a hallmark of the Black Widow program later. Sort of a "let me practice" type situation.

On a side note, that psych dude they picked up is totally a Leviathan plant.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
No Dottie clearly has some psychosis.

I didn't care much for this episode outside of stuff involving Dottie. The opening Montage where she snapped the neck was bad ass. The SSR chief doing a 180 suddenly and being interested in the truth seemed forced. As did Pegg saves golden boy and now they are buddies. Dum Dum Doogan was also unremarkable except for his look, overall a pretty big disappointment.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Ayran dude coming out of wall there only to get ninjigato'd was the highlight of this season for me
Yeah, that's the best thing on TV so far this year. They had him set up as being ruthless and super intelligent, and I'm sure we all thought he was going to be her next nemesis. Then ... "I want that" *CRACK*.

Ya, it is basically the proto Black Widow program they showed. They are def setting up blond agent to be the potential Peggy "future husband" she talked about in CA2.
I can't remember that part. What did she say about her future husband? Was her husband a chick, or do you think dottie will get a sex change?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Oh. OK, no idea about anything related to 1 tree hill. That was a shitty series on the CW or the WB or something, wasn't it? Are we talking about the interrogator guy who froze? From the beginning, I figured she'd wind up with crazy legs. But come to think of it, he is a nice guy, so he's destined to finish last.

I honestly don't remember who has what color hair. The only reason I thought 'blonde agent' was dotty was because my wife called her the blond girl, and I had no idea who she was talking about. For some reason, no one's hair color is even registering for me on this show.

Cybsled

Ya, by blond agent I meant the dude who froze up (Thompson I think).

I can't remember much about what she said in CA2, but she did mention that she got married to someone who fought in the war.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.

The inhumans thing didn't even occur to me while I was watching it though it makes sense.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i have been waiting for them to bridge the gap to agents of shield from this show. so far its been mostly standalone. i suspect the finale will tie directly into whats going on currently in shield/ultron

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
i am assuming this one will end with them finding the obelisk.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Putting her out in the field was the best decision they could have made. Having the other agents see her where she's in her element and insanely capable.

Also folks shouldn't worry so much about Natasha being too old/young to be one of the girls there. They have no problem messing with comic book canon for their cinematic universe, if they wanted to say one of them was her they could no problem. They could also say she's actually just a 30ish spy broad and that's it, no crazy age shit.

Black Widow is kind of a codename. I know after Natasha there was a new one, Yelena Belova, who was chosen to be the next one. So I wouldn't be surprised to find out Dottie is the original Black Widow of the MCU. Or she'll turn out to be Natasha's mom. Or something along those lines.

Cybsled

Or Dottie could be the mother of Natasha's mother if they wanted to go there. A child born in the late 40s would still be within child bearing age in the early 80s.

Column_sl

shitlord
Dum Dum Dugan has been in the present I believe in some points of Marvel History. Wonder if that will ever happen with the MCU

He also fought ,and beat Godzilla!

rrr_img_89842.jpg
zilla6.jpg

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I actually have those Godzilla comics, purchased with my allowance when I was 8 years old. You'll be happy to know they aren't worth shit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
first few episodes have some growing pains, it gets better as it goes. it starts off them portraying all men as insufferable sexist pigs, after 5 episodes we have been downgraded to just tolerable sexist pigs. yay.
smile.png