Marvel's Agent Carter

Caliane

The clerk never specified gender though. She just asked if Dottie wanted a pink or blue blanket, to which Dottie responded "Let's go with pink." and crossed her fingers. Considering, like you said, the color/gender thing wasn't firmly agreed upon by 1946, so it's hard to judge if Dottie picked pink to indicate wanting a girl (based on current gender color norms) or a boy (based on the color/gender somepublications and some department stores encouraged around that time).
thats what Im saying. its odd that she didn't. This was a brand new trend. Something that would not have been left unsaid, or without a big marketing campaign. Dotties hand gesture of "lets hope" when picking a color, implies the color was an expectation of gender.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wonder how much they'll wrap up next week and how much they'll leave open for another set of Agent Carter episodes.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I hope they leave open whether Dottie was hoping for a boy or a girl when she chose the pink blanket.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The moral of that episode was shut the hell up and let the man look for free parking.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wonder how much they'll wrap up next week and how much they'll leave open for another set of Agent Carter episodes.
Considering how many things they could have the SSR investigating, I hope they didn't feel the need to end this season with a huge cliffhanger. I don't think it'd be too difficult for them to conclude this season's storyline and pick up somewhere new next year. I anticipate there being some sort of cliffhanger (since that's just how television operates nowadays), but I would really be disappointed if it's the sort of cliffhanger that could hurt the show's watchability in the future if it is never resolved due to the show getting cancelled. This season has been great television up until this point, and I'd hate to see people discouraged from watching it because it has no satisfying resolution.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There was an interview with the people behind the show and they mentioned that the Dottie vs. Peggy thing will be resolved, but there will be an open loose end in regards to it.

I do hope they bring this back for a 2nd season. Even though it is a prequel, you sort of feel like the stakes are higher than the present day stuff.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
gah, i hope thats not the case. if this gets picked up for a full 16 or 20 episodes, they will probably cut that budget to ribbons.

Column_sl

shitlord
You realize ABC is owned by Disney correct?

Pretty sure SHIELD tanked the rating, and yet the 2nd season was more expensive then the first.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Upon further reflection, my theory on what will be the big reveal

Ok, so we know there was a horrible battle in which there was a ton of dead+mangled Russian soldiers. We know the Germans just found them like that and we know that Howard Stark + some unknown general observed the aftermath of that battle. Per Jarvis, Howard got really pissed at the general and built his vault afterwards. We know the government has classified this battle essentially and no one is talking about it. We also know 2 of the supposed casualties were the 2 Leviathan agents, although one of which was apparently rogue. We had assumed Leviathan was after the Captain America blood, but they seem unaware of it and were focused on item #17, which I will call the Event Horizon gas (save yourself from hell!).

So, my guess is that the U.S. (or that general anyways) deployed this gas on the Russians at that "battle". The soldiers basically mangled/mauled each other before (mostly) dying. Stark flies over, sees the results of the gas, and is either a) mortified and decides to nix that shit or b) was not aware they had access to his invention and pissed they abused it. Realizing he can't even trust his own government, he constructs the vault to hide all his WMDs or dangerous inventions. Someone in the US government/military was pissed about this, so they begin to put pressure on Howard. In the meantime, Leviathan had surviving agents from the "battle" and realize that the nerve gas would be a pretty badass weapon, in addition to other Stark inventions. They begin to work their own angle.

IMO, this means that either the US General/government involvement is due to a Hydra/Leviathan plant (unlikely, since the battle was still during the war) or it means simply you have a normal "do whatever it takes to win" mentality and Leviathan employing the same idea in terms of ultimate world domination (ie, Cold War). I'm guessing it will just be a parallel to the nuke: US has the tech 1st, uses it, some folks (scientists) are horrified at how destructive and bad it is, but the military is pretty much "lol we win with this shit!" and is ok with using it, then you have Russia employing spies to steal nuke tech so they can have nuke tech.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was pleased with how this ended, and what they left open for next season. Overall very enjoyable show.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I wondered what they would do for the stinger and I was suitably surprised. In retrospect it makes perfect sense and ties in well with the Captain America movies.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I was pleased with how this ended, and what they left open for next season. Overall very enjoyable show.
I feel the same way. I think they wrapped it up nicely and left just enough open for next season.

That said, my biggest gripe with the finale was WHERE THE HELL WERE ALL THE OTHER AGENTS!? They go from downtown NYC (where all the agents are already stationed to protect the press conference) to the hanger, but only bring 3 people? What the fuck? It killed me in the final scene, when Peggy enters the office and like 2 dozens agents are milling around and start clapping. I literally said out loud "WHERE WERE THEY LAST NIGHT AT THE HANGER?!"

Was there some line of dialogue I missed that explained why it was only the 3 agents plus Jarvis at the hanger?

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wondered what they would do for the stinger and I was suitably surprised. In retrospect it makes perfect sense and ties in well with the Captain America movies.
My first reaction to that was: How stupid. Why would in the world would they lock Dr. Ivchenko up with Zola? Then I realized: Ofcourse, he would be locked up with Zola. Hydra is still lurking in the shadows at this point, so they really wouldn't have any trouble setting that up. It's really the perfect way of reminding people that this threat still exists.

Really satisfying conclusion. It wraps up the main storyline nicely, but leaves enough threads dangling for them to continue. Even if the show doesn't come back, the way it ended makes it work very well as just a miniseries.