Marvel's Agent Carter

Caliane

yeah. specific timeline was not established. Zola's lab allowed him to survive the fall(the time he was being held by Red Skull). his body is being held somewhere right now. Mind control comes later.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Couldn't they have started with trying to brainwash Bucky before Agent Carter but not succeeded until after Zoya meets Ivchenko? Ordid they go into more detail that conflicts with that?I can't really remember how much they explained.
No, it was just a bare hint of it in Capt America when he finds Bucky strapped to a table in front of a machine repeating his rank and number. It is a fair explanation that they had interest in the idea, but no success until meeting Faust, but I still consider it a retcon, because I don't think that's what they were originally suggesting.

Besides which it also means that they've been experimenting on Bucky all this time with no success.

Cybsled

No, it was just a bare hint of it in Capt America when he finds Bucky strapped to a table in front of a machine repeating his rank and number. It is a fair explanation that they had interest in the idea, but no success until meeting Faust, but I still consider it a retcon, because I don't think that's what they were originally suggesting.

Besides which it also means that they've been experimenting on Bucky all this time with no success.
It isn't necessarily a binary "success or no success" type situation. They could have varying degrees of success. Like look at the Proto Black Widow program...it would be hard to call it a failure in the context of the time it exists in, but it is clear it isn't as refined as the later versions. They could easily be having a level of success with Bucky using various programs (such as drugs/etc), but Faust might be the key to allow them to refine the program and bring it to the next level in terms of control. The fact Cap is able to snap Bucky out of it eventually lends itself to the idea that they were using the Faust originated mind control techniques.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the question is, did fenhoff or dottie take the real vial of Cap's blood and use it on bucky or did they supe up bucky in another way and that really was Cap's blood peggie spilled off the brooklyn bridge?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the question is, did fenhoff or dottie take the real vial of Cap's blood and use it on bucky or did they supe up bucky in another way and that really was Cap's blood peggie spilled off the brooklyn bridge?
Did he have any powers beyond normal movie action hero stuff + the bionic arm?

I guess the fact he was still young. Maybe that was all they could milk out of Cap's powers?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Did he have any powers beyond normal movie action hero stuff + the bionic arm?

I guess the fact he was still young. Maybe that was all they could milk out of Cap's powers?
i think the bionic arm was meant as a counterattack to Cap's shield throw/bash, but he seems to be equal with Cap in everything else. perhaps the samples the SSR did hae and squandered werent really squandered, but smuggled away by hydra to create the winter soldier?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He wasn't cap's equal, Cap kicked the crap out him in a straight up fight. The only reason he lost on the helicarrier is because he was focusing on the computer shit and let Bucky shoot him.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i say that he seems to be cap's equal because i thought barnes is going to take over as captain america at some point. unless thats just a rumor.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Finally finished the series. Most of my comments have already been said. So all that's left to wonder about is where crazy legs got the magical earplugs that cancel out all sound. Cause with typical ear plugs, you can hear someone talking just fine. In fact, they make it easier to hear speech most of the time.

I guess I'm also confused why peggy wasn't made the head honcho at the end. Was she ever actually in charge, or was she just the most badass agent they had?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's actually a bit of a continuity problem coming, unless they retcon the Agent Carter one-shot they released with Iron Man 3. The short version is that Peggy has been riding a desk for three months without being given an assignment. She solves some major problem, the chief gives her shit for it, Howard Stark rolls in and tells him to stfu because Peggy is now his boss because SSR is becoming SHIELD with Howard and Peggy in charge. So for it to stay consistent with where Agent Carter left off, we'd have to be right back with the problem where she doesn't do anything but make coffee and get lunches and all the work they did to establish that the people at the SSR office finally recognize her as being a worthwhile asset is tossed out the window.

Alternately, they could start it after the events of the one-shot as Howard and Peggy deal with the foundation of SHIELD, bring in Zola and others like him under Operation Paperclip, and we see where the roots of the Hydra conspiracy start.

Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter (2013) - Video Dailymotion

moontayle

Golden Squire
I like the shorter season. Still network television but less filler, more meat. Makes me wonder what midseason cliffhanger AoS is going to end on after what they did last year.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Just got done watching this. Thought it was excellent. probably my favorite of all the current comic book TV shows. I am a sucker for stuff set in this era, and for the comedy style.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
just a fyi

marvel doing an hr of CAPT america(75th anniversary stuff) and then the 2hr premiere of Agent Carter tomorrow starting at 8pm (Agent carter from 9-11)