Marvel's Agent Carter

Column_sl

shitlord
And we Know that Shield hires Zola later because of Captain America 2.

This show was a 10/10 imo. Amazing cast, liked every one of them. Jarvis and Carter were a perfect team.

Only bad thing is, the Agent carter short film is pretty much ret conned at this point. It just doesn't make sense now given the events of the series.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah that was a very satisfying ending. however the scene at the hangar is full of all kinds of bullshit. so they show up, set jarvis up to fly a plane to retrieve or shoot down carter and the plane takes off. cue agent carter sneaking into the office above and surprising fennhoff and dottie. uh. did they not hear that big fucking plane starting up and taking off? and WTF was with dottie alternating between a black widow level badass and a generic henchman fighting skills? she has level 255 h2h, a 255 kick but her 2hb skill must be at 3. that aside. great show, looking forward to a second season if they ever get one.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It was also really cliche to have Dottie left for dead and then gone when Agent Carter came back. I don't know why no one ever checks to make sure the villain is actually dead.

I was surprised Agent Carter never tied back to Agents of SHIELD. Considering what's left of SHIELD is now stationed in an old SSR base starting in the second season, my impression was that Agent Carter was supposed to provide some sort of revelation for Agents of SHIELD going forward, like something to do with the obelisk's origins. I'm not complaining that that didn't turn out to be the case though. The show stood on its own two legs well enough.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was only what, a 10 foot drop? I'm surprised they even had her leave a big pool of blood behind, she should have hardly been injured at all.

Column_sl

shitlord
It was only what, a 10 foot drop? I'm surprised they even had her leave a big pool of blood behind, she should have hardly been injured at all.
Yeah ,that was what I was thinking. Especially an assassin that was shown to be that acrobatic.

O well, I guess they wanted to show to be more like the serials of that present day where you have shut off the brain abit. Doesn't excuse the shoddy storytelling at the end tho.

They make up for it when we see Zola tho. Wasn't expecting that considering Hydra, and Leviathan are rivals.

Hail Hydra!

Arnim_Zola.PNG

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If John Wick had been there he'd have put one in Dottie's head just to be sure.

Column_sl

shitlord
If John Wick was there he would have killed everyone except the only person he was there to kill because he all the sudden couldn't shoot the broad side of a barn..

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
She didn't go check on Dottie because Jarvis was on the way to shoot down Howard Stark if she couldn't talk Stark out of his hypnotic haze (or he might evade Jarvis and gas all of New York let's not forget), and time was of the essence. Unless Peggy suddenly became the type to shoot her from the window above just to be sure, she didn't have time to secure her. That's completely reasonable to me.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well. she did get thrown through a glass window. It's reasonable that she could've been badly cut up. The drummer of ABBA died a few years ago justfrom falling against a glass windowfrom his garden because the glass slit his throat open.

She didn't go check on Dottie because Jarvis was on the way to shoot down Howard Stark if she couldn't talk Stark out of his hypnotic haze (or he might evade Jarvis and gas all of New York let's not forget), and time was of the essence. Unless Peggy suddenly became the type to shoot her from the window above just to be sure, she didn't have time to secure her. That's completely reasonable to me.
I'm not arguing that Peggy didn't have more pressing matters to attend to, but the whole "dead villain mysteriously escapes when no one is looking!" has been done so repeatedly, I can't imagine anyone not seeing that coming. It's not even a twist anymore. It would've been better to have her just take off after Peggy knocked her through the window. Or they could've even made it a little less cliche by showing us that Dottie was faking her death to get away as just another one of her tricks.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah, I knew she was still alive. I would have bet money on it. I agree it is a bit of a tired cliche, but I don't have a problem with the general fact that it happened.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well she had a big pool of blood behind her head, which would suggest serious head trauma. It's reasonable to assume if the person isn't dead, they certainly aren't getting up any time soon.

Btw, I read an interview with the show creators and it kind of crystallized something that didn't dawn on me at the time: The Winter Solider mind control of Bucky and the HYDRA mind-control techniques were obtained from Faust.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Well she had a big pool of blood behind her head, which would suggest serious head trauma. It's reasonable to assume if the person isn't dead, they certainly aren't getting up any time soon.

Btw, I read an interview with the show creators and it kind of crystallized something that didn't dawn on me at the time: The Winter Solider mind control of Bucky and the HYDRA mind-control techniques were obtained from Faust.
That's something of a Retcon because they hinted at working on that with Bucky in the original Capt America film which takes place before Agent Carter.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It was a very satisfying ending to a great series.
I hope we get a season 2, but if not it's still a good series with an ending that essentially ties in all their major story-arcs.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Enjoyed the series as well, hopefully season 2 happens and with more of how the ssr becomes shield or how carter founds shield.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Unfortunatly John WIck could not be in the S.H.I.E.L.D. universe because Palicki.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's something of a Retcon because they hinted at working on that with Bucky in the original Capt America film which takes place before Agent Carter.
Couldn't they have started with trying to brainwash Bucky before Agent Carter but not succeeded until after Zoya meets Ivchenko? Or did they go into more detail that conflicts with that? I can't really remember how much they explained.