Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Cybsled

Well they directly referenced Thanos beginning his attack on Earth tonight. I am guessing that Graviton/Talbot trying to get more Gravitonium out of the Earth is what causes it to fracture. IW spoiler/conjecture:

I am guessing by season end they break the timeloop and stop the Earth's destruction. However, in doing as such, Thanos is now able to secure all the gems and erase half the life in the universe, which is how the season finale will play out with random SHIELD members vanishing from existence

Caliane

I hate when writers do dumb shit like this:

"the Confederacy only can have 6 members!"
gee, I wonder what is going to happen to the guy that said that. In what scenario is that a logical thing to say? Its not like the Confederacy was some kindof diplomatic peacekeeping force, with established rules for conduct. they are tyrants. everyone in that room probably is scheming on how to kill everyone else. No one in that room would be dumb enough to say something that stupid. nor take the guy with gravity powers so casually.
They write the character as retarded to get a cheap gotcha.

or, on the same front. mac "sheild doesn't kill!" then mac kills a bunch of aliens. I guess aliens arent people.

Cybsled

I hate when writers do dumb shit like this:

"the Confederacy only can have 6 members!"
gee, I wonder what is going to happen to the guy that said that. In what scenario is that a logical thing to say? Its not like the Confederacy was some kindof diplomatic peacekeeping force, with established rules for conduct. they are tyrants. everyone in that room probably is scheming on how to kill everyone else. No one in that room would be dumb enough to say something that stupid. nor take the guy with gravity powers so casually.
They write the character as retarded to get a cheap gotcha.

or, on the same front. mac "sheild doesn't kill!" then mac kills a bunch of aliens. I guess aliens arent people.

Some of them thought it was a bluff/he was puffing himself to be something he wasn't. Cassius positioned himself so that if it was accurate, he would avoid any fallout.

It isn't that big a stretch, since they think of humans as pretty much lowly slave labor.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Hell Yeah! Agents of SHIELD Will Return for a Sixth Season

That's cool, it will be interesting to see how they handle the events of Infinity War. Since they already mentioned Thanos and the event of New York, it means the "snap" will have happened for season 6.

There could be a lot of interesting stories to be told during that time, I mean half the universe is gone. How does humanity deal with half the population gone?

Do the Agent of Shield loses half of its cast or do they all survive the snap. It might not be all, but they have to lose a few otherwise it would be a bit weird.

So will be gone from the snap? :)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Agents' seasons run from Fall to Spring. Infinity War Part 2 will have already been in theaters and the resolution will have happened before season six happens. Keep in mind the movie was also pushed forward a week so at best any effects had to be limited to this S5 finale to avoid spoiling the movie. We aren't going to see much of a difference for S6.

Unless I am mistaken season 6 will be from fall 2018 to spring 2019, so most of it will happen well before Avengers 4 whose release date is May 2019.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
One who will not be back is Mack. The actor wanted out of the series last season and was only signed through 5.

Cybsled

13 episode 6th season kind of smacks of "We're not saying this is the last season, but this is the last season".

So long as they plot it to be like that, should be good

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
13 episode 6th season kind of smacks of "We're not saying this is the last season, but this is the last season".

So long as they plot it to be like that, should be good

Yeah, getting your episodes cut in half is a pretty good indicator that this is over. They just decided to give them a proper send off arc then deal with fan backlash over cancelling it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
doesn't the head of ABC love Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? usually a half season spells final send-off, but the show is a pet project of some higher ups from what i recall, so maybe we'll still get more, just with shorter seasons.

Cybsled

Ya, the head of ABC helped save SHIELD for 5th season previously because he loves the show supposedly

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I was just thinking that if they did this right they could use the final season to finish getting Quake ready to take a leadership role. Then build a proper MCU Secret Warriors team with Quake at the lead and have Ms. Marvel be in that franchise.