Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
and makes me hope that the half season isn't due to impending cancellation, but rather just so they don't have to write half the season as happening before Avengers 4.

but that very well could just be wishful thinking

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Makes sense with an Avengers tie in

More accurately it makes more sense as by then the half of existance wiped out will have been restored by whatever un-maguffining they pull off in the next Avengers movie. So they will effectively not have to deal with that aside from a mention or two about "how wacky was THAT?!?"

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Do not forget Clark Greg is shooting Captain Marvel for the next 4 monthes. So kinda hard for him to shoot this at the same time too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I am guessing the season ends with the Thanos erasure and Coulson dead (can't be erased if you're dead lol). For next season, they have to deal with aftermath and the Captain Marvel signal (since Coulson is in the movie, would be a great way to tie that movie into the show as well). My guess is they figure out a way to get the signal to Captain Marvel and that is their contribution to the MCU/Movies (kinda like how Coulson secured the Helicarrier for Age of Ultron). Coulsen gets rezzed somehow and they unerase some folks /w the Thanos issue being resolved.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
and makes me hope that the half season isn't due to impending cancellation, but rather just so they don't have to write half the season as happening before Avengers 4.

but that very well could just be wishful thinking

It's the final season. So at least we'll get closure.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I saw one article that stated it was the final season, it was gizmodo so I should have taken it with a grain of salt.

that CBR article is so far the only one up that claims it WON'T be the end, but the direct quote does make it seem more official. i guess we should probably take them both with a grain of salt for now.

Cybsled

WTF? If that death is real, then I don't know what to say. I 100% did not see that coming.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
WTF? If that death is real, then I don't know what to say. I 100% did not see that coming.

Yeah with all the rumors I had heard, it was definitely a shock. Although there is a loophole that Simmons showed Coulson. Current day Fitz is dead, but past Fitz is in cryosleep in Lake Ontario somewhere. I assume they are going to find him. Which is why I think Deke didn't get any spot in the episode explaining what happened after Fitz died. I like having Coulson die off screen in Tahiti though. Although it would be funny as fuck if the Avengers 4 time travel rumors are true and they go back and save Coulson.

Cybsled

Ya, I forgot about frozen past Fitz, but he would be in deep space /w Enoch vs. the lighthouse. I was disapointed there was no infinity gauntlet erasure, though

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Ya, I forgot about frozen past Fitz, but he would be in deep space /w Enoch vs. the lighthouse. I was disapointed there was no infinity gauntlet erasure, though

Aye, but understandable though. The finale was filmed way before Infinity War came out and if the actual actors didn't even get the full script I doubt they would leak it out to the TV shows.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I thought it was a satisfactory finale, glad it wasn't a series finale.

I didn't even connect a frozen Fitz with the post card. Makes sense as to why they were talking at the retirement party about Fitz in the present tense.

I assume that since it's not airing until next summer, that we'll get a tie into infinity war and the 4th film.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
That ending felt rushed until I realized what they were talking about. Took me a minute and didn't feel very well explained. Decent though, but will suck to wait an entire year for the next shortened season. It makes sense given the timing of Avengers 4; they won't have to deal with any of it. Would have been nice to see half the team blink out though and then come back with the "that was sooooo weird, right?" at the start of the new season. Willing to bet they save Coulsen somehow.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
That ending felt rushed until I realized what they were talking about. Took me a minute and didn't feel very well explained. Decent though, but will suck to wait an entire year for the next shortened season. It makes sense given the timing of Avengers 4; they won't have to deal with any of it. Would have been nice to see half the team blink out though and then come back with the "that was sooooo weird, right?" at the start of the new season. Willing to bet they save Coulsen somehow.

I'm more thinking Coulson will get saved, but it will be by someone else. As to pull him back into the movies. I could imagine that after the next Avengers movie (when they probably effectively bring back all or most of whoever got dusted) there will be a reforming of "SHIELD proper" , with the current incarnation becoming the secret warriors or somesuch. Coulson and May drop back in under Fury with may being the liaison to the old team. But I'm probably going senile.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm more thinking Coulson will get saved, but it will be by someone else. As to pull him back into the movies. I could imagine that after the next Avengers movie (when they probably effectively bring back all or most of whoever got dusted) there will be a reforming of "SHIELD proper" , with the current incarnation becoming the secret warriors or somesuch. Coulson and May drop back in under Fury with may being the liaison to the old team. But I'm probably going senile.
Out of all the Marvel TV shows I think these characters are the easiest to insert into the movies. It would almost be a waste if they didn't. Especially since it is the closest one tied to the MCU in the first place.

• 1Solidarity

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A tweet from the Chloe Bennett had a video of him saying he wanted out of the show and the rest of the cast trying to talk him out of it around Christmas 2017. IIRC that is.
That obviously didn't stick. No way the plot ends up the way it did if Mack was leaving.

Cybsled

Could have just been ol' classic misdirection, like when Lena Headey posted a picture of a heart shaped stone on her social media account and the internet flipped out thinking that was verification Lady Stoneheart was going to be in GoT.