Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tea_sl

shitlord
I liked it overall but I thought it was dicey. The acting seemed real bad at first, but I guess it grew on me a little because I didn't mind as much at the by the end. The plot and characters were pedestrian. On the upside the sets, effects, and props were top notch, and there were lot of hooks. I'll probably watch it regardless because hey comics, but I hope it hits a stride.

edit: The brief fight choreography was a lot better than we usually get too.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Liked it better when it was called Torchwood. But so far so good. I liked it.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
and then the doc says,,, tahiti huh? so he doesn't know

then hill goes, he never will
I think he's been downloaded into an android body and he'll be the Vision when the next Avengers rolls around. I liked the episode, some good Whedonisms in it, and the plot was enjoyable. I felt the characters to be rather one-dimensional, especially for Whedon, but what can you expect from one episode? I will continue to watch.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
was pretty good i guess. the Pursuit of happyness dude was not a very good actor and i could have done without the back to the future reference at the end. but as was said, hey comic books. lets see how fast these quality special effects last before the suits at abc say "whoa! this shit is costing us how much per episode?" then ill decide if its still worth watching.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Much better than I expected, they know its cheesy and embrace it a la Arrow.

No idea how long it lasts if they keep the budget at the level of the pilot episode.

Aphextwin_sl

shitlord
Terrible, gave up 30 minutes in.

• True Lies did it better
  • Tries too hard for comic relief
  • Some of the characters were getting on my nerves

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
edit: The brief fight choreography was a lot better than we usually get too.
Yeah the fighting was top notch. I thought it was good enough I'll continue to watch. Didn't Omg hook me but I have faith it'll go somewhere really good. This was just the origin story episode after all.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, didn't really like the special effects since they felt like a waste of money. Didn't add enough to the show to justify whatever it was that they cost, but if it ends up they were cheap and will happen every episode, then no biggie.

Apart from that, decent enough pilot. Certainly nothing so glaringly bad to stop me watching more, but I'm a sucker for any geeky type show.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed this better than pretty much any pilot I have seen for the last few years (Not including channels like HBO,STARZ etc.). Nice to see some veteran actors from Firefly/Angel in the show. It was a little choppy and flooded but that is to be expected for a pilot. Really looking forward to the characters being more developed out.

As far as the budget concern, I was surprised at how much Firefly was able to accomplish with the budget it had.

I will watch this and I must say it feels nice to have a non-reality based show that shows real promise back on network T.V.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
You also have to remember Marvel is Disney's baby right now. The purse strings are going to be a bit looser for this show than other unproven shows of this type.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Also I thought the plan is to use this to get lesser heroes out that may develop into movies later. Plus have some bigger heroes show up for background etc. A lot of stuff is possible.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You forgot how god awful most pilots are and how godly awesome shows turn into by the end of the first season.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
was pretty good i guess. the Pursuit of happyness dude was not a very good actor and i could have done without the back to the future reference at the end. but as was said, hey comic books. lets see how fast these quality special effects last before the suits at abc say "whoa! this shit is costing us how much per episode?" then ill decide if its still worth watching.
Disney owns both Marvel and ABC along with a bunch of other shit. They shit gold. I dont think budget will be a concern until Season 3 (or whenever Sam Jackson makes a cameo).

Jait

Molten Core Raider
You gotta spend money to make money.

Insert your clich? here.

But it's true. They can afford to take minimal gains and even losses on this, as it helps to promote all the rest of their shit.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
As far as the episode goes, it was pretty good. To me some of the music seemed out of place especially during the beginning opening part with the building.

Going forward though as I was telling someone bout this. Since Disney owns ABC/Marvel they can use this to promote upcoming movies or whatever kinda like the Wizard promoted the Nintendo as a gaming analogy. I also liked that they referenced the avenger and iron man movies/events. Throw that stuff in there to justify X happening in the show going forward if it fits (as a continuity nerd it's nice too.) Thor was mentioned just to get the name out there...upcoming Thor movie...just a coincidence? maybe

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I turned it off after about 20 minutes. They just kept talking and talking about shit I didn't care about.