Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
I thought they announced that Agents of Shield was renewed halfway into the season, before the show really showed any improvement.
Nah. ABC announced that they had ordered a full series back in October, but there's been no word on whether they were picking up a season 2. It's probably inevitable though. AoS is a great way to keep the Marvel buzz going.
They need to better handle the movie cross-overs; the Cap 2 cross-over was well done, but the Thor 2 crossovers were pretty lame. That, and having a solid story arc... This season's arc was OK, but it forced the writers to tip-toe around too much shit, and the show suffered for it.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
The promo refers to next week as the Season Finale and not Series Finale... so I think its almost certain that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will continue in at least some form.
Not to piss in any Cheerios, but that was how Almost Human was treated too.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If it's not officially canceled or ending it's just a season finale and then bad news happens later.

Goatface

The show is pretty much made in house so it is different than most others. it isn't a bomb, just has to be a big disappointment.
the predictions was for it to be pulling near 3's in the demo and more than 12m viewers, its current season avg is 2.4 and 6.9, but last 10 avg is 2.04 and 5.84m. it is still one of ABC's top 5 or so scripted shows. so unless the production cost are something crazy it should at least last another season. one bad sign for it, they are not running as many ads on ABC related channels.
this week's was a tie for lowest total viewers in the live/sd numbers, and .1 above the low in the demo.
also take in that network viewership across the board is getting lower.

rrr_img_66309.jpg

Cybsled

How could he be confused about whether or not Ward killed the dog? He fired into the air and made it run (foreshadowed by him saying whenever he fires the dog takes off running), and Garrett knew/suspected he'd be too weak to kill it so did it himself with the rifle. Was there some confusion over that scene?
That youtube guy Astro always posts seems to always get confused about shows or totally misreads/misunderstands scenes. It makes me think it might actually be Astro himself lol ;p

Anyways, good episode. It did a good job of demonstrating why Ward is so loyal to Garret: He was basically a father figure to Ward. Kind of a parallel to Coulson/Skye relationship in a way. I'm guessing Garret dies in the finale due to the side effects of the untested drug, then Ward takes over the HYDRA operation and teams up with Raina so they can discover Skye's secret. Ward would then be the main badguy next season for the most part. Fury will probably let Coulson in on his SHIELD sekret base infoez so they can have support.

Cybsled

Eh, comic book shows I usually give a bit more leeway to, since they involve all sorts of physics/biology related tomfoolery. However, it was clear that Ward intended to kill them.

It wouldn't half surprise me if the cargo container had some sort of cushioning system that Fitz reveals he developed for some completely different reason ;p

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The plane appeared to be flying at about 35mph at a height of 20 feet. Maybe Ward thought he was saving their lives.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
do ppl miss the significance of ward ejecting the cargo hold?

he said that he earned 100% total trust from the team when he jumped out to save simmons, now he's 100% ending that trust (iredeemable) by jettisoning them out the plane.

of course they ain't gonna die, fitz has that old school howling commandos tracker and they are two scientists floating in the ocean with some cargo, they'll just A-team their way out of this and communicate to coulson to pick them up.

ward is 100% committed to garret, basically his long sought after father figure, how does a 15 year relationship compare to a team he's supposed to infiltrate for a few months, he banged a MILF and now wants the younger half-asian, that don't compare to garret.

best scene was when they let coulson and may play scientist, that just means they're under-utilizing ming-na's acting imo, i mean she's been acting for 20 years, half the cast were learning how to walk or potty train and she was doing the joy luck club.

i mean her action scenes are pretty bad, BUT come on, she was also chun-li!, just let her act instead of giving her one liners and then "make asian bitchy face".

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
He did intend to save them. It was right at the same time as the flashback where he couldn't kill the dog. He even said, when Fitz told him that he knew he cared about them, "I do. It's a weakness." He ejected them so that Garrett or someone else wouldn't come in and just shoot them, and he figured they could survive floating in that container.

Am I watching the same show as the rest of you?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What Vvoid said. Seemed pretty obvious to me that it was exactly the same as the dog, right down to the kill order coming from Garrett.

Cybsled

best scene was when they let coulson and may play scientist, that just means they're under-utilizing ming-na's acting imo, i mean she's been acting for 20 years, half the cast were learning how to walk or potty train and she was doing the joy luck club.
Ya, her impression of Simmons was pretty spot on ;p

velk

Trakanon Raider
What Vvoid said. Seemed pretty obvious to me that it was exactly the same as the dog, right down to the kill order coming from Garrett.
I read that as just bait to make people think he'd let them go because he was a softie underneath overall, which gets shattered by showing him shooting the dog with the rifle, proving that he actually is a dickhead afterall and totally wants to kill them.

You don't throw people out of a jet in the middle of the ocean as part of a secret plan to let them go.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The show is pretty much made in house so it is different than most others. it isn't a bomb, just has to be a big disappointment.
the predictions was for it to be pulling near 3's in the demo and more than 12m viewers, its current season avg is 2.4 and 6.9, but last 10 avg is 2.04 and 5.84m. it is still one of ABC's top 5 or so scripted shows. so unless the production cost are something crazy it should at least last another season. one bad sign for it, they are not running as many ads on ABC related channels.
this week's was a tie for lowest total viewers in the live/sd numbers, and .1 above the low in the demo.
also take in that network viewership across the board is getting lower.

rrr_img_66309.jpg
It's doing ok for a network scripted show, which I think should tell you where network scripted shows are in the grand scheme of things more than anything else. I think ABC/Disney are ok with it but they are probably not popping champaigne bottles over it. I'm sure they were hoping the show would ride the coattails of Avengers and average in the 3's but hardly any show on regular tv does that. Blame cable and bad writing.