Marvel's Avengers

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As far as the recycling goes, I think it was a mistake to go with AIM as the only villain. Never really cared much for AIM or MODOK in the comics, and at least in Marvel Heroes they

i'm pretty sure they mentioned prior to release that they'd be releasing new villains and organizations. AIM makes sense for the single player campaign in how they told that story, so i don't mind that too much... but hopefully they bring in some other organizations. i think hammer industries would be an easy addition, though that might just be too much samey badguys.

there is a WEALTH of content to pull from, though, so hopefully we'll get some fresh and varying enemies.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I'll have to do some digging but someone on reddit broke down one of the trailers and found a bunch of Easter eggs. They speculate that with each new hero will bring on new missions with a new villian. Im still enjoying the game but then again I sunk hundreds of hours into Destiny/The Division before quitting.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah you can get a hint of that with the "operations" toggle on the map whereby you can switch between (right now) the Avengers Initiative and the Campaign. Its clear they put that in to allow for very extensible campaign-like additions.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vorph Vorph Does PS4 Remote play also play the game on the TV the Ps4 is connected too? Not really a problem because it can be showing the game, while family uses the TV for other stuff on different inputs.

spronk

FPS noob
Vorph Vorph Does PS4 Remote play also play the game on the TV the Ps4 is connected too? Not really a problem because it can be showing the game, while family uses the TV for other stuff on different inputs.

the PS4 still outputs HDMI to the TV and it mirrors everything you do with remote play, just the controller is disabled (if you try and turn it on remote play shuts off). but if your family is using other inputs its fine, they'll never see it

Xerge

<Donor>
That's why I like the GeforceNow service as it's cloud gaming vs mirroring. Stadia is nice but there's no way i'm way buying this game twice for a locked in platform without cross-save.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems like the match making got at least some fixes actually got three or four people most of today.

Vorph

After finally finishing the campaign (I switched over to PS4) ... what the fuck were they thinking? The campaign is so short--and stingy with XP--that you've barely even scratched the surface of even one character by the time you finish it. I remember seeing some review of the game that claimed you're ~25 at the end, but my heroes are level 8/7/9/7/4/13, and that's with me using Black Widow for every mission that let you choose your hero, plus I did several additional missions before finally getting one with a prime synthoid (for StarkTech) in it. I can see now why people used that mission that gave you a level every time you reached the first checkpoint; the idea of leveling all of them to 50 with the content currently available is ridiculous.

On top of that, I didn't get the free 22 challenge card points on any character, nor did I get the 250 uru and polychorons this week. And if you read the reddit posts from others who didn't get their free shit this week it's insane. Some people got it from checking a challenge card like the patch said to do. Some got it after checking the fabrication machine. Some got it after completing a challenge (but possibly reduced amount based on which challenge level the mission they were doing was set to). How the hell is it hard to just give everyone a fixed amount of a resource? Did CD and Eidos Montreal hire all the people let go from BioWare after ME:A's failure or something?

Somewhere buried under all this bullshit and incompetence there's a good game, but it's still pretty damn hard to find even after several patches.

Crone

After finally finishing the campaign (I switched over to PS4) ... what the fuck were they thinking? The campaign is so short--and stingy with XP--that you've barely even scratched the surface of even one character by the time you finish it. I remember seeing some review of the game that claimed you're ~25 at the end, but my heroes are level 8/7/9/7/4/13, and that's with me using Black Widow for every mission that let you choose your hero, plus I did several additional missions before finally getting one with a prime synthoid (for StarkTech) in it. I can see now why people used that mission that gave you a level every time you reached the first checkpoint; the idea of leveling all of them to 50 with the content currently available is ridiculous.

On top of that, I didn't get the free 22 challenge card points on any character, nor did I get the 250 uru and polychorons this week. And if you read the reddit posts from others who didn't get their free shit this week it's insane. Some people got it from checking a challenge card like the patch said to do. Some got it after checking the fabrication machine. Some got it after completing a challenge (but possibly reduced amount based on which challenge level the mission they were doing was set to). How the hell is it hard to just give everyone a fixed amount of a resource? Did CD and Eidos Montreal hire all the people let go from BioWare after ME:A's failure or something?

Somewhere buried under all this bullshit and incompetence there's a good game, but it's still pretty damn hard to find even after several patches.
Yea, I was a little confused when I beat the campaign and my hero levels were very similar to yours. I was like now what? Mainly because the matchmaking seems broke, so my first thought was, I have to suffer through matchmaking to do any of the cool shit? or slog through a bunch of solo missions? Sounds terrible.

Vorph

Yea, I was a little confused when I beat the campaign and my hero levels were very similar to yours. I was like now what? Mainly because the matchmaking seems broke, so my first thought was, I have to suffer through matchmaking to do any of the cool shit? or slog through a bunch of solo missions? Sounds terrible.
What did you end up doing? I missed the boat on Day of Remains and HARM room sploits and I can't find any other 'fast leveling' videos posted after the nerfs. I was even debating cheating like spronk spronk mentioned, but it doesn't look like there's a free trial or whatever of Save Wizard and I'm not about to spend $60 on it little more then a month before the PS4 becomes obsolete.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I figured out a work around on my campaign not loading. While in Avenger's Initiative and looking at the war table on the top left there is something that says "Select Operation" and it lets you switch to the campaign operation.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider

To me the campaign was just a way to unlock the characters, get to know them and their skills a little, and setting the foundation of the story. The end game was designed to be the main meat of quick missions farming loot with multiplayer (even though they already fucked up by making the newest elite hive single player), raids are coming later too. They could have easily dumped most of the remaining story missions back into the campaign and given it another 10 hours worth of campaign play I guess, either way you were going to finish leveling characters after the campaign, at least this way you weren't shoehorned to level say Ms Marvel all 50 levels through the story if you didn't want to. Even though it's a good idea to level and gear out all your characters cause it makes a difference.

As for the challenge card bonus, I believe that was for people losing progress due to bugs with the dailies and weeklies not refreshing properly, plus moving it a day up so people were losing points that week. If you didn't have challenge cards open before the patch you weren't being screwed anyways, so maybe that's why those people didn't get it. I got the points on all characters by checking their challenge card tab individually, I actually didn't get it the first time I logged in after the patch, but I did the second time I went to play the next day. Not sure I even got the resources this week either.

In any case the game is a clusterfuck as much as like division 1 and 2 were at release, the patch fixed a lot of things, missed a lot of things, but I guess it'll be another month of fixes. Why do most looter shooters always get fucked with early releases?

Vorph

The problem I have with the way they did the leveling (or lack thereof) in the campaign is that pretty much every character is dogshit until you have like 20 levels worth of points to spend on skills and stuff. If I hadn't watched a bunch of videos I'd have no idea which character I want to focus on first, because they are all clunky as hell at ~L10. Plus it's annoying to see all these missions where the first time reward is a legendary and I know that by doing it now I'm just wasting that item because it's not ilvl 130.

The last chain of messages in that thread claims Day of Remains still works if you are offline. Dude's full of shit isn't he? All the guides talking about that exploit said it was fixed 2 patches ago. I haven't unlocked it yet in order to see for myself. I'm not even sure how to unlock the other mission they talk about in that thread, More than Inhuman... it's not on my war table yet.

In any case the game is a clusterfuck as much as like division 1 and 2 were at release, the patch fixed a lot of things, missed a lot of things, but I guess it'll be another month of fixes. Why do most looter shooters always get fucked with early releases?
Div 2 was fine at release, just needed some fairly minor tuning. Instead they went full retard and fucked it up more and more with every patch after that. Putting in the Fortnite wannabe bullshit was the final straw for me. And now that I skipped a whole 'season' I probably won't ever go back to it because of the stuff I missed.

spronk

FPS noob
the game fills in all the "multiplayer" matches with AI companion apps if nobody connects so you can do everything solo if you want, just go to the char selection button (middle bottom, left side) and select 3 companions

the game is dumb as hell and repetitive and super buggy but cheating is kinda fun, i maxxed out all my stats and gear so i can curb stop everything lol

MyAvengers.jpg

Vorph

Too little, too late for Marvel's Anthem imo. Never played a game that had so little respect for my time spent as this one.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if they can resurrect this game at all. On PC it's dead. I can't find anyone to group with and just end up doing a solo mission and then logging. Too many games with potential get dusted with a shit release.