Marvel's Avengers

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Game has been cracked, though it's a 110 gig download.

They've delayed the DLC, and playercount is non-existent, so expect this to be left to die.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I wonder if they can resurrect this game at all. On PC it's dead. I can't find anyone to group with and just end up doing a solo mission and then logging. Too many games with potential get dusted with a shit release.

They could if they wanted to. Get the entire dev team back on it, fix all bugs, rework the gear grind and end game a bit, fix match making, make combat a little more fun, release multiple new heroes. They could re-release it as Avengers 2.0, free upgrade for existing owners. Will they do all that work though to make it good? Guessing no.

spronk

FPS noob
in theory they are still working on Anthem 2.0 quietly, so anything is possible. If it was Activision or EA I'd say they dump ship, but Square did reboot Final Fantasy 14 but thats their pillar franchise, I don't know if they really give a shit about this especially as sales numbers have been weak and they have to pay licensing fees to everyone.

I still play weekly because I am just 1 trophy away on PS4 from platinum, doing 50 hives. theres no way to track how many you have done so i just run a few a week lol

There was a "big" patch this week that added some bullshit, like some new missions where you have a timer (you die when it hits zero?) and some sort of Pym time travel rifts and every rift you touch adds 5-20 secs to your timer. They spawn everywhere and make the screen go wobbly. Its dumb as hell, because its all the same exact thing as every old mission, just with new wobbly purple stuff on screen.

They did add a new base which combines all the factions into one place so theres that at least.

All in all not worth a play through at all, its generic and boring.

(edit: i got the game free from Verizon I'd never pay for this)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I like the game, honestly. But you can’t get groups anymore.

no way are they going to release all the characters at this point they had slated.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah it's a fun game but there's sort of no reason the play

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah it's a fun game but there's sort of no reason the play
Pretty much this. I would have preferred a full 40 hourish single player game though, with replayability through different characters.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
This is one of the few games for which I really want my money back. I could have burned this money for all the joy I got out of it. Kudos if you liked it though, sorry it isn't doing well.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Their biggest problem was the main campaign was so short. I think if the main campaign had been much longer and you had more variety in the online co-op mission stuff, it may have had longer legs.

spronk

FPS noob
there were a million problems with this game and honestly the only thing they did right was the starting mission where you just walk around and look at shit as Kamala. I plat'd the game, but got it free and haven't run it at all once I finished grinding out the hives. It was a pretty fun game to plat while watching TV shows (5 seasons of Hawaii 5-0!!!), in that MMO "grind 5 million AQ shells" kinda way

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So Hawkeye after Kate Bishop early next year, and in the teaser for him at the end you can see Black Panther's helmet on the ground.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
For what is worth the game is now on sale for 50% off on Steam.
1605909409310.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user