Marvel's Daredevil

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Half way through and it's good and all, but I must not be at the 10/10 part. It's a little slow to start. Lotta brooding from everyone. I'll obviously finish the story out but hoping theirs a major ramp up coming. I'm assuming when Bullseye comes into play this will happen.

this is why i never hype anything up, you risk setting up disappointment for your friends

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did Foggy's girlfriend get way hotter this season or what?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I would not rate it as high as some of you...7/10 for me.

You need to suspend disbelief quite a bit this year, and the plot has several holes. Many of the fight scenes were rehash of previous as well.

But all in all, a solid effort and worth watching.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'd give it a 9/10. The first few episodes were just too much brooding and dialogue. Also Fisk being the 5-step ahead guy gets tedious, but I understand that's his character so I tolerated it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'm not quite done yet, a few episodes left. it's a GOOD show, but i think season 2 was better overall. there are a few things that i think really drag it down.

nadeem's boss being owned by fisk was way too obvious to be a surprise. it's a cliche at this point. fisk ordering his own shanking was pretty obvious as well. nadeem's wife? sima? her character is trash. the first time she's introduced, she makes a point to say she didn't want to talk about a serious issue because of the timing of the party. then, the next time we see her, she shows up at nadeem's work and surprises him telling him that her and the kid are leaving because they don't feel safe. instead of having an appropriate conversation at an appropriate time, she dumps in on him AT WORK. THEN the next time we see her, she's throwing a party for him for his promotion. DURING THE PARTY she pulls him aside and takes back everything she just praised him for. then the NEXT time we see her, she's berating him for bringing a gun fight to her house. woman, HE didn't bring the gunfight, FISK did. stand by your man and stop victim blaming. it's incredibly infuriating that nadeem doesn't put her in her place. "you want me to be HONEST?! girlfriend i work in THE FBI." this dude should have had a conversation with her day 1. "there are things that i will not be able to tell you. if you ask, i WILL lie. so either don't ask, or don't be pissed when i lie." God, this woman...

j00t

Season 2 was kind of carried by Punisher though. The second half of it was nowhere near as good as the first half.

I LOVE punisher, and bernthal did an AMAZING job with him, so i'm fully willing to admit that punisher himself is what made that season so great for me. i know there were a ton of great moments in season 1, and i may be looking at that with rose tinted glasses as well...

like i said, i do really like season 3, there are just a couple of nitpicks.

i wish more shows showed betrayal the way a show like spartacus did. we all knew pretty much right from the get go that batiatus was a duplicitous scumbag, but he was so absolutely charming and twisted about it, that what shocked you wasn't the betrayal, it was HOW masterfully he did it.

i would LOVE to SEE more of that from kingpin. instead of just, "oh, kingpin owns half of the city"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am on episode 8, but I still can't get over the damn taxi scene. It ruined the entire season for me. Why would they not kill him when he is passed out in the back seat? What purpose was there to drive the taxi into the ocean and not put a bullet into his head? Just...WHY? I am usually able to get past most shit and just enjoy the ride, but that will go down as one of the worst things I have ever seen in television. It ruined such a great sequence. There was ZERO reason for it and he could just have went back to the church to get patched up to connect the scenes.

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah, the taxi bugged me too. nothing about it, makes a lick of sense.

A taxi is just sitting and waiting outside, super max prison unlocked gate.
"this guys a civilian, open the gate" they just let him out. no, medic. no, ID check.. nothing. they just LET him walk into the waiting taxi..
Matt.. just walks into the waiting taxi. "just drive" cliche.
then yeah.. cabbie does the most overly complicated means to kill someone..

j00t

yeah, the taxi bugged me too. nothing about it, makes a lick of sense.

A taxi is just sitting and waiting outside, super max prison unlocked gate.
"this guys a civilian, open the gate" they just let him out. no, medic. no, ID check.. nothing. they just LET him walk into the waiting taxi..
Matt.. just walks into the waiting taxi. "just drive" cliche.
then yeah.. cabbie does the most overly complicated means to kill someone..

earlier in the episode, he had told the cabbie to wait for him, so it's not like he just hopped in some random cab. the issue is that the cab driver that brought him wasn't the cab driver that tried to kill him. it's too quick of a shot, but i THINK they show a new cab driver when matt gets in the cab. the question is why didn't matt pick up on this?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
earlier in the episode, he had told the cabbie to wait for him, so it's not like he just hopped in some random cab. the issue is that the cab driver that brought him wasn't the cab driver that tried to kill him. it's too quick of a shot, but i THINK they show a new cab driver when matt gets in the cab. the question is why didn't matt pick up on this?

He wouldn't be able to see him, and he was injured enough that he might have been unable to sense him being a different person. He's not Spidey, it takes effort to use his sensory stuff.

j00t

no, i agree, it's nitpicking, but they go out of their way to demonstrate that matt can tell that karen stopped at an indian restaurant because he can smell the curry on her, but he also knows that she didn't eat anything. but then when the cab driver has a different voice, after he just broke out of a prison in control of the kingpin, he doesn't notice?

the whole cab incident was poorly conceived. but honestly, it was one of the least problematic aspects. i don't REALLY have an issue with it other than the obvious "huh..." moments of it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, for sure. It's a wonky scene that I agree doesn't play out well at all. If it wasn't carried by such an amazing sequence (the long one-shot fight) then it would have been even worse.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well
A: Daredevil was dosed by MYSTERY NEEDLE DRUG (I guess weak poison/anesthetic?) so he wasn't completely all there.
and
B: The driver that takes him from the prison is the same driver he paid to stay, but when he wakes up the driver is completely different

Still super stupid. Pretty sure they just wanted a dumb reason for Matt to go home to his apartment and leave his wet clothes there or whatever for the FBI to find.

Just one of those dumb TV writing things. Like Bullseye knocking Daredevil down and not just fucking throwing a pencil through his throat while he lays there. Or ANYONE grabbing an assault rifle during a battle and sticking with their shitty handgun versus multiple assailants.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The whole church thing bothered me too. So bullseye gets his ass kicked, falls from what seemed to be a 3rd story church balcony on to concrete, then manages to escape, get dressed in FBI gear and do his FBI thing like nothing happened within minutes, and not even a bruise?

• 1Solidarity