Marvel's Iron Fist

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Boring. Like toast that wasn't hot enough to properly melt the butter. Bland and without anything to make it special.

Some will like it, I didn't like Luke Cage either though too many black people. j/k I couldn't stay awake during half the episodes, I just wasn't interested, find their pacing to be slow as fuck. Never feels like anything is actually happening and then when something does happen it is kind of weak. Nothing interesting anyways and that is the core of it. I don't find this show interesting and it there isn't enough action to keep me entertained.

Everything is flat and slow. The action sequences are weak and he looks too much like he is dancing and not fighting. Doesn't work for me.

Just my opinion.

I respect this. If you didn't like Luke Cage there is no reason you'd like Iron fist.

And I agree the pacing has never been the strong point of these series'. I had a real hard time after the Punisher arc in DD S2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So I just woke up from my redbull and pizza bagel fueled binge of iron fist.

And I can say for certain the show fucking sucks.

It brings nothing new to the table the characters all suck the fight scenes sucked the enemies sucked the plot sucked and Danny Rand came off as an aggravating child.

If anything he will be the hulk of the defends because they will not give him another solo series

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
So I just woke up from my redbull and pizza bagel fueled binge of iron fist.

And I can say for certain the show fucking sucks.

It brings nothing new to the table the characters all suck the fight scenes sucked the enemies sucked the plot sucked and Danny Rand came off as an aggravating child.

If anything he will be the hulk of the defends because they will not give him another solo series

thats my guess as well.

• 1Like

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Perhaps I'm just easily amused or a sucker for all things Marvel but I am halfway through this and I am enjoying it just as much as I enjoyed the rest of the Netflix Marvel stuff, which was a great deal. Also Colleen Wing is total win.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Into The Badlands fight scenes make this show look like amateur hour, holy shit. There really is no redeeming qualities about this show.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Rant
Tons of shit wrong with this show, I came into it with high hopes after learning that liberals complained about Iron Fist being white... and when they got told he was always white they said well they should make him asian anyways..... fucking insanity. Well The show sucks for all the normal reasons unfortunately.

The worst part about it he doesn't fight any worthwhile bad guys he doesn't have a hand ninja or Nobu from daredevil type guy, the fight scenes in general sucked since they couldn't use a good stunt guy since he is mask less. The fact after 13 episodes he does not fight a single Hand Ninja that daredevil fought 100 of is fucking awful. Instead he fights some random mercenaries who never fire their guns and stand there waiting to get disarmed and punched. The Kung Fu looked way to dressed up and over choreographed and did not look like real fighting at all.

Also, He has trouble fighting random asshole thugs in fights but we are supposed to think he is some master kung fu guy who beat up all these magic kung fu guys to be the iron fist. Also a random hand master teaches him how to heal using his fist and to recharge his Ki? Seems like some week 1 Iron fist training. Yes I know they say (way late into the series) that he ran away but he still lasted long enough to become the fucking Iron Fist.

Maybe I missed it but why did the Hand want him anyways? Did their entire plot really hinge on "hey let's use him as an assassin?" type of deal? It seems like they should've just killed him instead of trying to kidnap him and i guess convince him to work for them? Yeah nah.

Everyone he knows turns out to be a bad guy and if they are a bad guy then they turn into a good guy and then turn into a bad guy, even at the End you have Joy talking to Davos about killing the Iron Fist with Madam Gao drinking tea. It's fucking hokey and way overplayed I called love interest being a hand ninja the second she fought with them. It's ok to have morally grey characters but the meachem's where fucking Schizophrenic

They should've focuses more on the Kung Fu and mystical arts of it instead of the fish out of water Danny Rand aspect that no one really gives a shit about because if you've seen Green Arrow , Iron Man and Batman movies/shows for the past decade you are done with the Rich Guy power struggle plot.

They had a real opportunity to expand on what Dr. Strange created with the whole Mystical/Magic part of the MCU but they dropped the ball by ignoring it completely and apparently killing off Kun-Lun.

The show sucked on multiple levels not just from use of the source material and the story but from the action and direction. I even rate that coon parade luke cage over this.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I feel like Lord Helmet sums up the state of comics today very well.

Yes let's not kill the mass murdering witch because killing of any kind is wrong.
I about rolled my eyes out of my head.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only 4 episodes in but so far I don't know what the fuck you guys are complaining about. Glad they explained Faramir's age difference, that was bothering me.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought it'd turn out good at ep 6, but by the end I agreed with everything in a_skeleton_02' spoiler. Still think it was better than Luke Cage and Jessica Jones though.

Please let The Punisher not suck... I am getting really sick of origin stories and 'heroes' that are pussies.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

2 episodes and it's way to fucking slow and the fighting is awful. Show has a lot of potential but from the posts its going to stay consistently mediocre

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
5 episodes in and I'm enjoying it. It's not as good as the other Netflix show though.

Biggest issue I have compared to the other shows is the casting of the main character which I think they nailed in every show so far except this. The guy playing Danny Rand is just bad, he is not beleiveable at all as a martial artist which well hurts when that's pretty much all the character is.

• 1Like

Homsar

Im in the forth episode and thit should should have fit in 2 episodes.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like this a lot. While I agree that the Rich Fam Power Struggle is tired and I'd be happier if Danny Rand was just a literal homeless kung fu master. Very much enjoying this. They really should have used this series to build on the Dr. Strange mystical stuff more.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm on episode 7 now. Yes, the fighting isn't great, but I'm still enjoying the show as a whole. Also, the Asian chick is cute. She's hardly a classic beauty, but looks good none the less. I probably sound like a yellow fever broken record, but it's the truth.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I did kind of laugh when Harold told him the Hand came after anyone who knew about him but Danny was in his apartment like it was no big deal.

• 1Like

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not a fan of shows where the main character comes off as a whiny bitch. So needless to say wasn't a fan of this one. The fights scenes were pretty bad they looked like choreographed garbage.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Finished it up about an hour ago. I liked it. But I am an Iron Fist geek to begin with. Loved the series they had going a couple years back.

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm on episode 7 now. Yes, the fighting isn't great, but I'm still enjoying the show as a whole. Also, the Asian chick is cute. She's hardly a classic beauty, but looks good none the less. I probably sound like a yellow fever broken record, but it's the truth.

Knees are too sharp, amirite? I'd hit that punani with the force of Iron Fist, no regrats.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The guy playing Danny Rand is just bad, he is not beleiveable at all as a martial artist which well hurts when that's pretty much all the character is.

I had such high hopes for this show, but reality is setting five episodes in. I don't mind the corporate politics, but I do mind that the actor moves with all of the grace of a blue belt. I expected a high level of martial arts from this movie. For God's sake, he hugged a dragon and stole its power.

a88c47b81826e59916839e63a7ccfaa74c94c24e_hq.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like