Marvel's Jessica Jones

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
She doesn't appear to have a villain in this one. At least as far as the trailer goes. It's more a law enforcement are the bad guys kind of thing. I hope this isn't the case. Killgrave was my favorite Marvel villain thus far. I mean, Vulture was pretty good also, but Killgrave just had an awesome power set.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Helps that Kilgrave's actor (name escapes me, David Tenant?) that was previously the doctor is AWESOME.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Maybe in flashbacks. I'm 99% sure he was dead dead dead at the end of Season 1.

It's more than just flashback scenes based on set photos. Maybe a different sort of flashback though (think acid).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
She mentions in the trailer that she killed someone, so it's probably like a guilt-based ghost/hallucination of him taunting or her something.

Killing him in the first season was probably a mistake, because I would have loved for him to come back for real as a surprise/secondary villain in season 2.

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Killgrave is going to become the Aizen of the Marvel Netflix Universe.
6aa.jpg

• 2Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Coming Match 8th. Nice. This was my favorite Netflix show, but realistically it was due to Killgrave.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Given the purple coloration at the end of the trailer, not hard to guess who was clapping.

• 1Solidarity

Rime

<Donor>
Her fluctuating power levels aside, the best thing this show had going for it was the villain. The only one that had any menace in all of the shows - heck, probably more menacing and interesting than any in the films as well.

It is good that he will be 'back' in some fashion, but it will be hard to top him.

• 1Like

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Tenant played a legit terrifying Kilgrave and the potential for him to do so much more was always lurking in the background.

• 2Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I watched Jessica Jones last, after I watched Iron Fist when it was released. It is my number 2 of all the series they've done so far, realistically damn close to being, and in some cases is, my number one. I had watched half of a random episode at some point, and from that didn't think I'd like it. After Iron Fist was a huge disappointment, one of my coworkers all but forced me to watch JJ. David Tenant's Kilgrave was definitely a big part of my enjoyment, and I agree that he had an actual menace to him that villains often lack. I could see them pulling the he's alive in her mind schtick, or even having him mind hopped to one of the people that was there at the end, and would be perfectly alright with either of those cop outs just because of how good he was in the role.

• 2Solidarity

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
From what I've gathered he doesn't outright mind hop but it's more of a lingering after effect of contact with the pheromones that put people under his control. It could be a type of schizophrenia.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
From what I've gathered he doesn't outright mind hop but it's more of a lingering after effect of contact with the pheromones that put people under his control. It could be a type of schizophrenia.
Or just a byproduct of enormous amounts of alcohol consumption + guilt.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
JJ had the best villain by far but also she's acted well and is a good "hero" to watch. I get really sick of the boy scout complex and platitudes in the other Netflix shows. DD himself isn't like that but his two sidekicks certainly are. Punisher is great because anytime someone tries to tell him to be more like a "real hero" he just tells them to fuck off.

• 2Solidarity