Marvel's The Punisher

velk

Trakanon Raider
MCU TV shows ranked by TomatoMeter. Punisher rank is complete horse shit because it has gun violence and was released behind the Las Vegas shootings.

I think it would have a hard time in any case, the raw ultraviolence doesn't really fit with Marvel's established brand - there's probably lot of people who liked other Marvel stuff that had a really negative reaction.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider

I think it would have a hard time in any case, the raw ultraviolence doesn't really fit with Marvel's established brand - there's probably lot of people who liked other Marvel stuff that had a really negative reaction.

People that are watching the punisher know exactly what it is, the only people complaining are the limp wristed critics.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finished this last night. I loved it. Less action than I expected, and a lot more talking but I never minded all the dialog because the actors were good and the dialog was great. I really hope we get a season 2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just finished this, oh my god that scene with the glass at the end... that guy got fucked up.

I think my current ranking is:

Daredevil S2
Jessica Jones = The Punisher = Daredevil S1
Iron Fist
The Defenders
Luke Cage

• 1Solidarity

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Waiting for the dudes face to get messed up was like in hot tub time machine with the one armed guy. Every time he got in a fight I was like This is it!!! He's gonna get messed up!!!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Luke Cage being 95% is just baffling to me. Did these people just stop watching the show half way through? I do not understand how anyone could have sat through the last third of that show and come out the other side still happy with what they saw.
Also if you don't rate it highly you're racist or something probably.

I'm only half joking sadly. I think there is rating inflation due to it being a primarily black cast and people wanting to Pat themselves on the back for giving it a good rating.

Kind of the reverse that iron fist got for having a white guy in the main role.

• 2Solidarity

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
As someone who loves the Punisher comics (Garth Ennis is the Frank Miller of the character) this series was beyond disappointing. Bernthal was good in the role, however he needs to put on like 30 lbs. He was also apparently the only character that did any weapons practice. In the comics, the Punisher is a force of nature, in the show, you wonder if he is going to survive the episode. Karen was useless per usual. Madani had entirely too much screen time. The overall plot was way too contrived. Also, it was glaringly obvious that the writers had zero input from any law enforcement.

Last edited:
  • 8Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 8 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
lol at input from any law enforcement

It's a Marvel show dude. Throw that shit out the window.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
He's got a point. All the other Marvel shows/movies left me thinking "It's obvious they didn't get any real superhero input".

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
How about it doesn't sound like a 70s movie plot? Ice agent is murdered, "We're taking this one". No you aren't ICE, NYPD is.

• 1Picard
  • 1Barf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In the comics, frank gets turned into Frankenstein. I'm TOTALLY okay with them dialing down the force of nature aspect.

Frank gets beat to piss in the show and his resolve is untouched. He's going to die, and he's going to take as many people with him as possible. While I would have liked frank to be a little more of the tank that he is in the comics, I'm VERY happy with his portrayal

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I mean, he was pretty much a force of nature until they very end and that was pretty much intentional to put himself in that position. I never felt he was in any real danger during any of the fight scenes and he was taking people out like the no name mooks they were for the most part.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Finished it. While I enjoyed it more than the rest of Netflix's Marvel lineup I still felt like the middle dragged on for absolutely ever. The first two episodes were really good and the final few were really good. The middle was a ton of a filler.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Finished it. While I enjoyed it more than the rest of Netflix's Marvel lineup I still felt like the middle dragged on for absolutely ever. The first two episodes were really good and the final few were really good. The middle was a ton of a filler.

it's the same thing that happens with every Marvel netflix show. They have this mini arc that they put in for some reason that no one really gives a shit about but they have to flesh out and finish before going onto the real story.

I wish they would get away with that.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Eight episode season would have been perfect. One thing I love about BBC or SK shows is that they either have one season runs of decent length (12-16 episodes) and thats it for the show, or they have multiple "season" with only four to eight episodes that are pretty much all plot heavy with no filler.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Finished this last night, absolutely loved it. About the only things that I would have liked changed are frequent, blatant nudity from Midani and a scene of Frank murdering the fuck out of a bunch of people with Megadeth's "Holy Wars: The Punishment Due" playing over it. I was actually a little bummed they didn't throw that in somewhere even for just a few seconds.

God damn Midani is hot as fuck. And the mirror scene at the end is just the fucking best. Favorite Netflix Marvel series for me, easily.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also some of the reactions by the cast were just not there. The hacker's dude wife's reaction to seeing her supposed-to-be-dead-but-back-to-life husband was hilarious cold and absent. Many of Midani's reactions were pretty poor as well. Its like the read that Punisher should be non-reactive and stone faced and decided to go with that direction for the entire cast.