Marvel's The Punisher

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
On Episode 5 and the series has officially secured it's position in greatness with an appearance by Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio.

1a35c6cf6378759f68b27d8cd565bc06.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

Bring in the hand, and Hydra to all the CIA, military bullshit and the like, and it totally shits on the story.
it becomes cartoonish. yes, you can have fun, and silly stories with the vets joining Hydra, Cobra, etc. Heck literally Cap 2 and 3 had this. However, you can not tell the PTSD storyline at the same time. The tone would be crushed. The brutality, and heartache of all the PTSD would be totally lost.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
The whole show just needs to be Frank creatively murdering the fuck out of Mafia WoPs.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Just finished this and it's pretty good overall. I think someone mentioned it earlier but the show lacked really good gun fights.
Well the one in episode 11 was decent. Louis character being built up just to blow himself up felt kind of pointless in the grand scheme.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Excellent show. The violence really added to it. There are plenty of shows where the violence is reduced like Arrow,etc, etc. The Punisher without the violence is just a shitty compromise. Watch something else pussies.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Just finished, easily tops the other Marvel Netflix shows for me. I am a little disapointed that the stand-alone show didn't have any scenes that topped the prison scene in DDs2, but overall great stuff. I must be getting a little desensitized because I hadn't even considered the abundance of gun violence until I read this thread/reviews.

Having said that, Frank dragging Russo's face down the mirror was fucking brutal.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just finished, easily tops the other Marvel Netflix shows for me. I am a little disapointed that the stand-alone show didn't have any scenes that topped the prison scene in DDs2, but overall great stuff. I must be getting a little desensitized because I hadn't even considered the abundance of gun violence until I read this thread/reviews.

Having said that, Frank dragging Russo's face down the mirror was fucking brutal.

yeah, i kept wondering how he was going to become jigsaw. then he got shot in the face and i was like OH THAT'S HOW... wait, that's a little gunshot. don't puss out on me frank... then he starts dragging his face on the mirror and *i* started pussing out. FRANK JUST KILL HIM! OH GOD

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
yeah, i kept wondering how he was going to become jigsaw. then he got shot in the face and i was like OH THAT'S HOW... wait, that's a little gunshot. don't puss out on me frank... then he starts dragging his face on the mirror and *i* started pussing out. FRANK JUST KILL HIM! OH GOD
I thought I was watching Faces of Death during that. Shit usually doesn't bother me but that was difficult to watch but awesome.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just finished. I think its the best Marvel show that's ever been put out.

Also can someone recommend a couple of the best Punisher books/series?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Overall best marvel series as it seemed it only needed to be trimmed maybe by 2 episodes and not like the 4-5 all the other series are plagued with. I'm assuming Jigsaw for the next season but so help if they don't do Barracuda then season 2 is already straight trash. I did enjoy the Frank/Micro relationship but mid season needed a bit more Frank going full carnage mode.

Also hoping they go less Frank Bourne next season and just have a good back and forth between him and some kind of mob/mafia where the retaliation between the two escalates maybe even have a mid season arc where it's just him and Barracuda going ham on each other.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Finally finished this up last night. Definitely the best of the Marvel TV shows so far.

The only minor gripe I have with the show is the woman who plays Dinah Madani. She was fine until the later episodes that required her to show her acting chops and I just don't think she's very good. Definitely not the worst in the Marvel TV show universe though and really not that bad.

I don't think the show is any more violent than any of the multitudes of cop dramas out there but it is WAY more graphic and that's probably why it's getting all these "too violent" reviews.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Finally finished this up last night. Definitely the best of the Marvel TV shows so far.

The only minor gripe I have with the show is the woman who plays Dinah Madani. She was fine until the later episodes that required her to show her acting chops and I just don't think she's very good. Definitely not the worst in the Marvel TV show universe though and really not that bad.

I don't think the show is any more violent than any of the multitudes of cop dramas out there but it is WAY more graphic and that's probably why it's getting all these "too violent" reviews.

She doesn't need to act, just be naked.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Fantastic amounts of violence. I had to stop a couple of times and clear out my head from what I was seeing. Please don't neuter this Netflix, it's where it should be.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
MCU TV shows ranked by TomatoMeter. Punisher rank is complete horse shit because it has gun violence and was released behind the Las Vegas shootings.

In my book was easily as good as DD or Luke Cage.

Inhumans 10%
Iron Fist 17%
The Punisher 64%
Defenders 74%
Runaways 82%
Daredevil 86%
Agent Carter 88%
Jessica Jones 92%
Agents of SHIELD 92%
Luke Cage 95%

Marvel Cinematic Universe

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Luke Cage being 95% is just baffling to me. Did these people just stop watching the show half way through? I do not understand how anyone could have sat through the last third of that show and come out the other side still happy with what they saw.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Luke Cage being 95% is just baffling to me. Did these people just stop watching the show half way through? I do not understand how anyone could have sat through the last third of that show and come out the other side still happy with what they saw.
Typically reviews come in before they finish the whole series. A lot of RT reviews of a series are based on either the first episode or the first few episodes, it really screws some series over. Really benefits some series like Luke Cage with a very strong opening set and a weak finish, doesn't support something like the Orville with a weak start.