Marvel's The Punisher

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm just glad they made a good show and not something that exist completely for the setup for a franchise.

Show was a bloodbath and I fucking loved it, but I did still find a few things very predictable. I don't care though, it was enjoyable.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
At the end of the day it's still a Marvel show. Some people seem to want a Breaking Bad experience from this. My expectations are tempered for anything comic book related. Guardians of the Galaxy is the only one that I found to be a legit good movie. Legion has potential as a TV show.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'm like halfway through this and goddamn is it boring as fuck so far. First couple episodes were ok, but jesus christ, enough with Castle's back story. So he worked for a black ops hit squad and killed people in Sand Land who might not have needed it, big fucking deal. If he's going to start offing government/CIA types, why is it taking so long to get to it? Why do we need endless forays into him talking with Micro's wife about nothing while Micro watches with a look on his face that says, "Goddamn I hope she doesn't start fucking him."? Why do we need to know about all the members of 1-legged Medic's support group and all their hangups? How is that interesting or relevant to a dude who's supposed to go around punishing scumbags in New York with violent righteous vigilante justice?

Hopefully this picks up, but as of episode 7 or whatever I'm on, this is just boring.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm like halfway through this and goddamn is it boring as fuck so far. First couple episodes were ok, but jesus christ, enough with Castle's back story. So he worked for a black ops hit squad and killed people in Sand Land who might not have needed it, big fucking deal. If he's going to start offing government/CIA types, why is it taking so long to get to it?

It's not just his backstory. It's the entire story. That is the plot of this season.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I'm like halfway through this and goddamn is it boring as fuck so far. First couple episodes were ok, but jesus christ, enough with Castle's back story. So he worked for a black ops hit squad and killed people in Sand Land who might not have needed it, big fucking deal. If he's going to start offing government/CIA types, why is it taking so long to get to it? Why do we need endless forays into him talking with Micro's wife about nothing while Micro watches with a look on his face that says, "Goddamn I hope she doesn't start fucking him."? Why do we need to know about all the members of 1-legged Medic's support group and all their hangups? How is that interesting or relevant to a dude who's supposed to go around punishing scumbags in New York with violent righteous vigilante justice?

Hopefully this picks up, but as of episode 7 or whatever I'm on, this is just boring.

lmao - that is the season plotline. what, you think hes gonna go back to shooting mobsters at card games?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I fast forwarded through group therapy and meth white boy's entire story line.

I didn't realize he blew himself up until Frank was pulling a piece of metal out of his arm and then he stopped showing up.

I missed nothing of value.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Lordy guys. Just because a guy named punisher isnt killing goes someone, doesn't mean it's filler. The vet group served a very strong purpose to show that a lot of soldiers are left feeling lost in society. Frank isn't alone in having little to no employable skills.

Like I said before, it was a little heavy handed but it wasn't filler.

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I enjoyed that kid and old fat liar story line, because I know those types of shits that blame everyone else for their own bull shit.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I also know people that lie about their service while also blaming that made up service on their problems.

My ex wife's uncle was in Vietnam and had nothing but respect for everyone he ever served with as well as the government that sent him. He was resentful that he he was too injured to be allowed to serve more.

Dude showed me his medal display, it was surreal. I kept telling him how honored I was that he showed me and he was just like, what for? Everyone I served with got these same things. I don't even remember what half of them are for.

Then you have some douche who blames Colin kaepernick for everything wrong with America and spitting on his service, but never made it out of bootcamp

Edit: I think those storylines were incredibly important because in reality, whether people are exaggerating the extent of their service or not, that is their identity. I mean I hate it, but those guys are saying those things because they WANT them to be true. Which means their reality is even worse.

They didn't even get to come home a martyr, they just came home ignored because they didn't do anything important.

THAT is why the show had those stories

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
A shocker that people wanted The Punisher to do Punisher things instead of be preached at like a PSA.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A shocker that people wanted The Punisher to do Punisher things instead of be preached at like a PSA.

It wasn't really very preachy when all was said and done. A lot of shows would have went the "compassion saved a young man today" route. Instead the kid goes off the deep end and frank fucks him up and ultimately says "You know what to do kid" telling him to blow himself the fuck up. It did take up a lot of screen time, I'll give you that. But it wasn't done in a very preachy way.

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wasn't that whole story line put in to show non-Punisher fans the difference between ptsd-terrorist and Frank "Spankin baddies" Castle.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Finally got around to finishing it....meh, not bad.

Good setup, but the whole second half requires suspension of disbelief.
(A TON of it)

7-8 ish ....would recommend people see it.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I still don't get why they didn't include dubbing over scenes with Frank's internal monologue, it's a big part of the charm of many of his stories and I think Bernthal has a great voice for it. Hell they could even introduce his war journal as a method of "coping" he picks up from the VA circle and tie it in with the inner monologue, could even do something along the lines of having him start it out as a normal thing but turns it into what it's known for as the season progresses.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users