Marvel's The Punisher

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I think that's because hacker dude's wife wanted some sweet punishment from Frankie boy by that point in the story.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The hacker's dude wife's reaction to seeing her supposed-to-be-dead-but-back-to-life husband was hilarious cold and absent.

Huh? She was in shock and then she started to tremble and reached out for him as they were walking past each other. He had to shake her off and tell her to keep walking. Then she was a wreck when he got shot.

What are you talking about?

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It seemed super fake to me and isn't like how I'd expect someone to react after seeing the love of their life back from the grave

Khane

Maybe you thought it was fake but it was neither cold nor absent

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah... i thought that scene was pretty spot on. she's moving out of the mourning phase, getting to a point where she's opening up, at least on some level, to the idea of being with another man... and then boom, out of nowhere here's her long dead husband sacrificing himself to rescue her. her reaction was pretty spot on "wtf"

as far as the middle span of episodes, they all dealt with lewis the vet turned bomber. i think the point of that was much more meta commentary and less punisher character development. the writers clearly wanted to show that frank is a different kind of beast than a mass shooter and a bomber and that he views them on equal ground as all the others that he puts down.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would have been nice if in the middle of the season with all the filler, he would have gone ape shit on a few crime families or done a bit more other than the main plot. Would agree that in a few episodes where he got shot 3-4 times either in the arms, legs, vest etc I was thinking god damn he's going to die but then you remember plot armor.

Laughed really hard at the laundry room (?) hookup between Hacker & his wife where it lasts all of 30 seconds. Was thinking after a year of basement dwelling I'm surprised he made it past his pants being torn off.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Would have been nice if in the middle of the season with all the filler, he would have gone ape shit on a few crime families or done a bit more other than the main plot. Would agree that in a few episodes where he got shot 3-4 times either in the arms, legs, vest etc I was thinking god damn he's going to die but then you remember plot armor.

Laughed really hard at the laundry room (?) hookup between Hacker & his wife where it lasts all of 30 seconds. Was thinking after a year of basement dwelling I'm surprised he made it past his pants being torn off.

Yeah, I wish they had gone with some kind of mafia/crime family subplot for the middle episodes instead of the crazy army vet turning terrorist.

Khane

It looked like they were going to go that way and then that entire plot just ended and we never saw dumb contruction kid again. I was sure that the crime family would come after him for payback after the card game shit went down. It was weird that they just ended all that with a "good luck out there".

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Wow I actually forgot all about that since it was so minor in the grand scheme of things. It was only used as a ploy for people to rediscover Frank.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, this show was just drenched in blood. They used more blood packs on this than the entire MCEU in last 10 years combined.

Right up there with DD if not better.

• 3Solidarity

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Could almost make a drinking game out of "Look, he was fire in the right should again"!
Good series, fan of 2004 version. Hoping S2 is little more in that direction. Felt a little long but ton of setup story.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Not sure how so many of you guys liked this. It had good moments, but for a punisher series... It was shitty

Instead of punisher Max, we got punisher lite. And you guys are so used to shit content you thought it was good.

No wonder shows/ movies continue to suck. This is actually worse than the stupidity going on in the Star wars movie threads.

• 1Picard
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
What's going on in the Star Wars threads? I think Rogue One was legit af. Nostalgia and influence aside, I think it's the best Star Wars in a sense that it's got the least amount of cheese, better acting, darker.

Maybe you're just a miserable person who hates everything anymore.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Tenks

Rogue One was boring as fuck and could have easily had 30 minutes trimmed off it. Though I don't really like anything Star Wars so my opinion on the matter shouldn't really be cared about.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Rogue one was "ok" by today's standards, but mediocre in reality. It wasn't dark. It was a pandering cash grab. Which is needless because the brand ensures money will be made. It was hollow.

The Star wars thread is a bunch of people hyped to pay for a dick bring rammed down their throats. Hyped for comically bad movies because they are pathetically desperate for any Star wars content. It's pathetic.

And that's exactly what happened with punisher. You guys are so desperate for anything, you don't care how bad it is our how good it should be.

Like I said, great moments, shit show

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Do you think that way about all shows today? I think Netflix hit it out of the park with multiple shows in 2017. Mindhunter and Ozark are probably the two best things they've ever released.

Tenks

I don't think Mindhunter or Ozark can be talked about in the same breath as Punisher. Both were fantastic. Punisher was, at least IMO, just watchable filler to pass the time. I was never really hyped or amped for the next episode. I couldn't stop watching both Mindhunter and Ozark.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Mind Hunter and Ozark are in the queue. I bumped punisher to the front because it's the fucking punisher. Lol

Dunno when I'll get to those others. There are some stellar shows, shameless? The expanse was very good.

Don't ask for hype if you don't want to deliver on expectations

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Hmm, haven't heard of Ozark until now either. Will try and get to that soon. Same thing with the Expanse, I keep putting it off some reason.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I watched a few episodes of Ozark, didnt care much for it. Its just recycling the Breaking Bad formula and themes.