Marvel's The Punisher

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'd be okay with that, actually. he just starts journaling as he didn't get any real closure (revenge never does). bernthal said he really enjoyed the dirty laundry short and i'd love season 2 to start off with a scene like that, though that might just be too close to how season 1 started...

anyway, yes the whole vet subplot was done to show the distinct difference between punisher and a terrorist. punisher is a bad guy. he's not a hero, he's not someone we should look up to, but there's an honor code to him that you can't help but respect. a mass shooter or a terrorist bomber, even if you understand WHY they do what they do, there's no way to empathize with them without BEING one of them.

when frank does something bad, you think, yeah, well... i guess if i was in his position i might do the same thing.

when a terrorist (or louis) does something bad, you watch them criticizing every decision they made that got them to that point.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I found this show to be fanfuckintastic. But this show really nails in on my biggest pet peeve ever with the Marvel netflix stuff: WHY CAN'T THEY SAY FUCK?! Do they even realize what they put in episode 11 and 12?! Seriously. Fuck!

Xevy

Log Wizard
I found this show to be fanfuckintastic. But this show really nails in on my biggest pet peeve ever with the Marvel netflix stuff: WHY CAN'T THEY SAY FUCK?! Do they even realize what they put in episode 11 and 12?! Seriously. Fuck!

I thought he said it once during the series, right after he tried to Snipe Agent Orange in the head and hits bulletproof glass.

Rime

<Donor>
Violence is acceptable. It is the majority of our history. But full-frontal nudity or swear words? WHAT DO YOU THINK WE ARE? FRENCH PEOPLE?!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The guy who played Lewis, who also was the guy who did Lee Harvey Oswald in 1963, was fantastic. Would like to see him in more stuff

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Okay Frank needs to stop getting shot/stabbed/etc. In the last few episodes he leaked out at least a small elephant's worth of blood and still manages to not die.

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The guy who played Lewis, who also was the guy who did Lee Harvey Oswald in 1963, was fantastic. Would like to see him in more stuff

He played basically the same character in this as he did in 11.22.63

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
No surprise on season 2, glad they didn't look at RT as some sort of actual metric like studios do now. I need more Frank Stallone going "UAAGGHHH"

• 1Solidarity

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Punisher Season 2: Blood Transfusion. Frank is back to his old habits of murder and mayhem, but this time he just cuts out the recovery and hooks up criminals to his blood to keep on goin

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Loved it. I was cheering for Frank, and thought John Bernthal was a perfect fit.

Enjoyed it a lot more than DD, even though I did watch it all. (Got really tired of DD crying about killing people, but no problem beating them to within an inch of their lives. If he'd just STFU about it, wouldn't have bothered me so much.)

(edit: If you read JB's Bio on IMDB, it's clear how he was able to bring so much to the role.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, it took me a long time, but I've FINALLY finished watching this show. I loved it. Really good shit. Can't wait for the next Netflix Marvel property.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There's a chance the Punisher might survive the Netflix MU purge only in that it's too mature for Disney's tastes, but it's a slim one at that.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
There's a chance the Punisher might survive the Netflix MU purge only in that it's too mature for Disney's tastes, but it's a slim one at that.

I acknowledge your optimism.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Okay Frank needs to stop getting shot/stabbed/etc. In the last few episodes he leaked out at least a small elephant's worth of blood and still manages to not die.
he's the punished though. Less blood to get in the way of him punishing.

I liked this one. IT was the right kind of thick. Doesn't have to be a smart show, just entertaining.

I know they didn't stay true to the comic book but the season did feel like a comic book.