Mass Effect 4(Untitled)

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'll wait until more details come out, if it's just an iteration ala The Ubisoft GameT then I don't care. If they come out with a solid story and at least try to innovate on the cover based shooting and don't overdo it with cameo fanservices, it might be fun. The universe is the most interesting before ME3 fucked it up, but I'm afraid they took away most of the suspense with the reapers for good, because how do you top that enemy ?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'll wait until more details come out, if it's just an iteration ala The Ubisoft GameT then I don't care. If they come out with a solid story and at least try to innovate on the cover based shooting and don't overdo it with cameo fanservices, it might be fun. The universe is the most interesting before ME3 fucked it up, but I'm afraid they took away most of the suspense with the reapers for good, because how do you top that enemy ?
Pretty much how I feel about it being a prequel. Why the fuck are we supposed to care about anyone else's problems when the reaper threat is going on? Shit, none of our choices can make any difference when it all comes down to red/blue/green of a game that came out years ago

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I really could give a shit about the story, i just want to play some ME - the fuckin game was great even with that shitstained ending. However i could see the potential in doing a entire game based on what went on elsewhere or perhaps shit that went on in an entirely different part of the galaxy and you see certain people who were involved with the illusive man which would then allow Jacob and Miranda to show up at some point. There is still alot unanswered and this game could tie in alot of what people wouldnt mind knowing.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The universe is the most interesting before ME3 fucked it up, but I'm afraid they took away most of the suspense with the reapers for good, because how do you top that enemy ?
Make Cerberus into really cruel, sadistic human slavers, in a galaxy with no organized protective force like the council anymore, with so many systems cut off.

The thing that pisses me off is that you could actually tell a really good story in the aftermath of ME3, it would just take a lot of work.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That looked exactly like ME1.
And although ME1 was quite empty on the worlds - it was an "open world".

If this goes back to ME1 style "open world" with less emptiness and a Mako that actually can navigate properly, it could be a really good thing. (And no guns on the Mako this time so all combat will no doubt be balanced for on foot)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The next Mass Effect has a "Spiritual Successor" vibe.
So what Hudson called the "Spiritual Successor" to Star Control will now have a Spiritual Successor of it's own. Just seems funny.

They've built a great Universe, getting away from Shepherd will do wonders for the series. So much potential.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I actually have a really good idea for a second trilogy that follows ME3.

The first game would be a reimagining the Odyssey, the Homerian epic, you know,in space. You'd be a soldier/engineer/space wizard (depending on class) trying to get home after the war, and you'd encounter figurative space sirens and space sea monsters and space sorceresses and space lotus eaters, etc. It's all stuff that would fit directly with what's already established in the Mass Effect universe.

You'd finally get back to the Sol System at the end of the first game, and find out that Cerberus is a criminal syndicate in control of the Sol System, with the remaining council forces vastly outnumbered. Cerberus could have access to alternate technologies that allow them to get supplies via FTL, and that your family is in some kind of slave camp on Mars or whatever. So the second game could just be like TAKEN, in space, where you have to brutally kick the ass of Cerberus scumbags from one end of the Sol System to the other to get your family back.

So then for the third game maybe you could use Cerberus time machine technology to go back and punch the people who wrote the ending for ME3 in the face.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Maybe it could be a Sim game where you watch the billions of people starve to death after being stuck in the sol system after they destroyed the relays.

rrr_img_72175.jpg

Vaclav

Maybe it could be a Sim game where you watch the billions of people starve to death after being stuck in the sol system after they destroyed the relays.
Wouldn't be Shepard's "lifetime" - so likely not unless reporters got completely the wrong gist.

Vaclav

Shepard survives in the destroy ending and sort of survives in the control ending.
Control is absolutely dead (just an "intelligence") - and destroy he didn't before Extended Cut - not done it post Extended Cut though.

Control is absolutely dead (just an "intelligence") - and destroy he didn't before Extended Cut - not done it post Extended Cut though.
Not sure what the exact criteria was to get it, but after the credits of "Destroy" the show a quick flash of a Shep starting to breath again. I never played the extended cut, so this was in vanilla ending.

Vaclav

Not sure what the exact criteria was to get it, but after the credits of "Destroy" the show a quick flash of a Shep starting to breath again. I never played the extended cut, so this was in vanilla ending.
Seeing the hand with the breathing in the rubble - wasn't necessarily a survive. Call me a pessimist I don't consider that a "survive".

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I can't imagine any other reason it would be in there. I doubt this will take place after ME3 it would just be so much bettet if it did

khalid

Unelected Mod
Seeing the hand with the breathing in the rubble - wasn't necessarily a survive. Call me a pessimist I don't consider that a "survive".
Oh come on dude. It obviously means he survives in that ending. Unless you have an aunt in bioware saying it was a fakeout, the meaning seems pretty clear.

Vaclav

Oh come on dude. It obviously means he survives in that ending. Unless you have an aunt in bioware saying it was a fakeout, the meaning seems pretty clear.
Even if it does mean he did and keep in mind how bad he sounds and all tech on the planet is completely fucked in that ending - so presumably that includes medical tech - and included being ejected forcefully from the Citadel there somehow - yea, Shep's a badass but he's survived thanks to tech before including some that was required to keep him alive after the intro to 2 - and with no tech working, that seems like just the last few breaths off of life support to me, its one of 4 options to potentially be canon whenever they'd go past it in the timeline.

Again, just my own feelings - I've stopped quoting family. (Not that any are currently involved with the PC gaming industry - last was with Asheron's Call - which was a decade ago now, right?)