Mass Effect 4(Untitled)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Never getting the chance to personally shoot Harbinger in the dick was one of the saddest things about ME3.

khorum

Murder Apologist
There's an awesome homeworld2 mod for that actually, Mass Effect Reborn:

It's displaced HWComplex as my favorite HW2 mod, though I'll probably switch back when the HW2 HD remaster from gearbox comes out.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Seeing the hand with the breathing in the rubble - wasn't necessarily a survive. Call me a pessimist I don't consider that a "survive".
It's a definite survive; the files in game for that choice are actually like, "shepardlives" or some shit. Also, the other two endings will show your LI putting your plaque on the wall with all of the other smoked crewmates, but at the ending of red your LI will just sit there looking at your plaque and give a small knowing smile. (And yea, bioware confirmed what it meant.)

I'm looking forward to a random ass Kaidan encounter ala Carth Onasi on a planet saying they're waiting for Shepard though, BAM.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm looking forward to a random ass Kaidan encounter ala Carth Onasi on a planet saying they're waiting for Shepard though, BAM.
Kaiden and Carth Onasi were terrible and I hope to never hear their whiny 'I'm a weak male female love interest doll' voice again!!

Zulst_sl

shitlord
I hope every squadmate is killable this time around.

In Mass Effect 1, if you left Garrus on the Citadel, and went to Virmire before recruiting Liara, no matter what you said to Wrex, he'd always survive because if Shepard or Ashley shotgunned him in the face, your squad would be less than three, and Bioware didn't want that to happen.

They loosened that concept quite a bit in Mass Effect 2. In my later playthroughs I remember killing as many squadmates as possible, leaving only a nonloyal Zaeed alive after the mission. Then I'd do his loyalty mission and since the suicide run was over, if your paragon score was high enough, you could leave him burning alive back on the planet. Then it was just you, Joker, and the Galaxy.

But ME3 went back to not being able to kill everyone again, and no matter what you did, you'd always have Liara and Vega. The only satisfying part about that is on the last mission, if your war assets were low enough, Harbinger would glass both of them while you ran for the beam.

Not really sure what my point was, but if I want to run around the Galaxy solo and not carry around two assholes for the sole purpose of comic relief, they should let me do that.

khalid

Unelected Mod
How much percent of the population that played ME3 were interested in killing off their party members? Given that, how much development time do you think they should spend on making all their scripts and quests work with one solo person?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I remember squadmates being nearly worthless in difficult encounters, but one thing that gives the game a lot of depth for everyone is if the option of death for squadmates is present. Frankly I think only a near perfect savegame and playthrough in ME3 (even time constrained) should have given an end result where everyone lived.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They loosened that concept quite a bit in Mass Effect 2. In my later playthroughs I remember killing as many squadmates as possible, leaving only a nonloyal Zaeed alive after the mission. Then I'd do his loyalty mission and since the suicide run was over, if your paragon score was high enough, you could leave him burning alive back on the planet. Then it was just you, Joker, and the Galaxy.
Holy shit I had no idea you could do that to Zaeed. That's fucking epic.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In my later playthroughs I remember killing as many squadmates as possible,leaving only a nonloyalZaeedaliveafter the mission.
rrr_img_72354.jpg

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The best part of ME3 for me was laughing when all my friends finished it.

My Xbox died hard drive and all about 3 months before 3 game out, so I had to play a generic vanilla game. They busted my balls about how all the stuff I did wouldnt matter and how they were going to tell us how much better it was with their imported playthroughs.

Little did they know

Fadaar

That guy
I hope every squadmate is killable this time around.

In Mass Effect 1, if you left Garrus on the Citadel, and went to Virmire before recruiting Liara, no matter what you said to Wrex, he'd always survive because if Shepard or Ashley shotgunned him in the face, your squad would be less than three, and Bioware didn't want that to happen.

But ME3 went back to not being able to kill everyone again, and no matter what you did, you'd always have Liara and Vega. The only satisfying part about that is on the last mission, if your war assets were low enough, Harbinger would glass both of them while you ran for the beam.

Not really sure what my point was, but if I want to run around the Galaxy solo and not carry around two assholes for the sole purpose of comic relief, they should let me do that.
What happens in ME2 if you never talk to Garrus in ME1? Do you still recruit him like he's your bestest buddy or what?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Never played ME1 so I can confirm, yes.
It's assumed for ME2 - I'm not actually sure the "skip talking to Garrus" thing even works in ME1. Pretty sure it's a major story quest that can't be skipped. (Ah, looked it up - it can, but you've got to get Wrex first - you can only refuse one of them)

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I have hope for this simply because the really cool parts of Mass Effect, to me anyway, were the episodic missions in some exotic locale. I found the aspects not directly related to the reapers to be at least as compelling as the reaper storyline, especially in the first game when you are really taking in shiny newness of the setting itself. There have to be tons of things that Spectres were dealing with throughout the galaxy besides the reaper threat and it would be fun to explore things through that point of view.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Kaiden and Carth Onasi were terrible and I hope to never hear their whiny 'I'm a weak male female love interest doll' voice again!!
Woah woah woah.

...their voices were really good though. WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE. (Especially when Zaeed wasn't romanceable, wut.)

khorum

Murder Apologist
I never did have a playthrough where Kaidan ever lived... I know he never became a specter like ashley and he had a ton more canon (comics and novels) than ashley did. Is it worthwhile keeping him alive? Kinda weird thinking theres 2 games' worth of his content left on the table.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Kaidan becomes a spectre, just like ashley. The role of "second human spectre" is whichever of the two survived Mass Effect 1. They are quite parallel, pissed off version in ME2 and then reunion and reconciliation in ME3. Kaidan just has more Canadian-isms (and gay sex)