Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
For me, it was an alright game for the first one in a series. Not great, not horrible...just... alright.

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Finally got back around to playing this a bit more. I really don't understand the hate this game received initially, BUT, maybe i wasn't far enough in with my previous play through. In this new play through, thus far, it's been fun/engaging. Maybe it was a different experience at launch since I'm playing post-patches? Ran into one quirk where cut scenes kept causing a ctd, but that was due to a lack of having a page file, which resolved the issue. They also fixed my original issue with having to press multiple buttons to bring up/close the map. Aside from that, its a pretty damn good game. The gameplay is miles ahead of the other ME games. It's not even close for me really. They do throw a lot at you, but Im starting to appreciate the options they give you. I wish they had some of these, like research/dev (and jumping), in the original trilogy. The dialogue is on par with previous MEs (shitty), and I'm not far enough along with the story to pass judgement..so far, its OK, similar to ME1 for me. Squadmates\new aliens dont quite stack up to the OT but hopefully that changes (unless this is one and done).

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Finally got back around to playing this a bit more. I really don't understand the hate this game received initially, BUT, maybe i wasn't far enough in with my previous play through. In this new play through, thus far, it's been fun/engaging. Maybe it was a different experience at launch since I'm playing post-patches? Ran into one quirk where cut scenes kept causing a ctd, but that was due to a lack of having a page file, which resolved the issue. They also fixed my original issue with having to press multiple buttons to bring up/close the map. Aside from that, its a pretty damn good game. The gameplay is miles ahead of the other ME games. It's not even close for me really. They do throw a lot at you, but Im starting to appreciate the options they give you. I wish they had some of these, like research/dev (and jumping), in the original trilogy. The dialogue is on par with previous MEs (shitty), and I'm not far enough along with the story to pass judgement..so far, its OK, similar to ME1 for me. Squadmates\new aliens dont quite stack up to the OT but hopefully that changes (unless this is one and done).

Dude, it isn't post patches that helped. The writing is awful and cannot be corrected. The voice acting is phoned in and even worse. The combat system sucks ass, the character banter is beyond cringe worthy. The SJW garbage is over the top and forced anyway, even to the point where Bioware had to apologize to the transgender community (Lol wtf) of how they presented "Stephen.... Feels good. Feels Right" and at the end of every damn mission start "LETS DO THIS!" Good God....It was worse than if it were to be written by the gender confused kids of the idiots that wrote this garbage.

None of this changes. The ONLY quality that was any good what so ever were the world design sky boxes. Seriously, that's it.

You have completely shit taste in games, and I think you need a video game doctor.

Let me know when you want to make an appointment.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Squadmates\new aliens dont quite stack up to the OT but hopefully that changes (unless this is one and done).

The game was so shitty that it killed the franchise. Something is seriously fucking wrong with you.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
new hiring interview question: "Did you think mass effect andromeda was an ok game? Did you think the voice acting and dialogue was similar to ME1 & 2?"

anyone who answers yes is an auto pass

unless they have big boobs

but more seriously: ME1-3 had people like Seth Green, Tricia Helfer (BSG), Adam Baldwin, Claudia Black, Keith David, Michael Hogan (BSG), Carrie-Anne Moss, Martin Sheen... the list is literally endless. ME:A had Z-tier voice actors. If you honestly think they sounded similar... I dunno man, I just dunno.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Well, I dunno. They had that one actress from GoT do the voice for Lexi and that Indian guy from Silicon Valley. I'm not trying to state that the voices weren't phoned in though, simply trying to point out that they got some big actors to do the voices. I knew that this game was in trouble when I saw that the female lead in the game stopped tweeting about it about a month before release.

Stupidly, I still bought it.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well, I dunno. They had that one actress from GoT do the voice for Lexi and that Indian guy from Silicon Valley. I'm not trying to state that the voices weren't phoned in though, simply trying to point out that they got some big actors to do the voices. I knew that this game was in trouble when I saw that the female lead in the game stopped tweeting about it about a month before release.

Stupidly, I still bought it.

It's all good. A lot of people got suckered. Fortunately, not enough for this pile of garbage to be successful. :)

matsb84

I agree on the lack of qualified voice actors and so far there are two that stick out as being overly terrible (Director Tann/Addison), but I'm going to go ahead and maintain that the dialogue was still shit in the OT, but the talent made it work. Kind of like the original SW trilogy vs the new. It's all schlocky, but delivered better. That hasn't mucked up the rest of the game for me yet. The gameplay is solid..not sure whats so bad about the combat? It seems nearly identical to me as in the other ME games, or at least similar enough. They made the vehicle portion actually compelling this time around. Seriously..driving the mako around planets was boring as fuck, same for the hammerhead..was quite happy they dumped vehicles in the 3rd ME.

I guess I'm not nearly as critical about video games as I ought to be? I don't really play that much these days..took me 5 months to get back around to playing this, while trying to wrap up the OT. I mostly play Forza Horizon/FO4 every now again, AoE2\RoN\CoH..Y'all are free to disagree, but it's not gonna change my opinion on the gameplay, its fun.

Suggest some games, and I'll try to check them out.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Suggest some games, and I'll try to check them out.

Good. This is the first step in a brighter future.

What consoles do you have? I am assuming Rise of Nations = RoN, CoH = Company of Heroes, and AoE2 is Age of Empires 2.

matsb84

Yup on the games. I have an Xbox360 and a high end PC. Pretty much open to any genre.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yup on the games. I have an Xbox360 and a high end PC. Pretty much open to any genre.

Dr. Utnayan has entered the building, please have a seat on my couch and relax.

PC Games: Rocket League, Nier Automata, Witcher 3 and all it's DLC, Shadows of Mordor, What Remains of Edith Finch, and if you like top down isometric RPG's (Think Baldurs gate) Divinity Original Sin/Pillars of Eternity - also, Metal Gear 5 and if you love story driven well acted FMV games where you choose your adventure, Late Shift.

Then....

Buy a PS4.

Horizon Zero Dawn, Until Dawn, Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, God of War 3 Remastered. Then you will want to buy about 10 more. But Don't...

Then PSVR:

Until Dawn Rush of Blood, Resident Evil 7, Far Point Bundle with the Gun, Batman VR.

Do this, and you will be cured of your disease of liking really awful games. In fact, do all of this, and then go back to playing ME:A. And then, within 10 minutes, pause the game and tell us what you think of ME:A after you complete the above prescription. Remember, my door is always open.

41THEuPwUFL.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sulrn

Deuces
Dr. Utnayan has entered the building, please have a seat on my couch and relax.

PC Games: Rocket League, Nier Automata, Witcher 3 and all it's DLC, Shadows of Mordor, What Remains of Edith Finch, and if you like top down isometric RPG's (Think Baldurs gate) Divinity Original Sin/Pillars of Eternity - also, Metal Gear 5 and if you love story driven well acted FMV games where you choose your adventure, Late Shift.

Then....

Buy a PS4.

Horizon Zero Dawn, Until Dawn, Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, God of War 3 Remastered. Then you will want to buy about 10 more. But Don't...

Then PSVR:

Until Dawn Rush of Blood, Resident Evil 7, Far Point Bundle with the Gun, Batman VR.

Do this, and you will be cured of your disease of liking really awful games. In fact, do all of this, and then go back to playing ME:A. And then, within 10 minutes, pause the game and tell us what you think of ME:A after you complete the above prescription. Remember, my door is always open.

41THEuPwUFL.jpg

Dr, I think you need to consider applying some self diagnosis or maybe some CETs to refine your process.This is not to be confused with QTE's which plague the AAA Tutorial Game / Gimmic Mechanic Tech Demo, aka Shadows of Mordor (SoM). I'm honestly wondering if whether or not the LoTR franchise is the only thing blinding you from thinking of SoM as a contemporary Fable (for all the domination game play/mechanics that was promised but ended up cut). The real issue being that this was supposed to be the fantasy Arkham series, yet you don't have the Arkham trilogy on your list.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Dr, I think you need to consider applying some self diagnosis or maybe some CETs to refine your process.This is not to be confused with QTE's which plague the AAA Tutorial Game / Gimmic Mechanic Tech Demo, aka Shadows of Mordor (SoM). I'm honestly wondering if whether or not the LoTR franchise is the only thing blinding you from thinking of SoM as a contemporary Fable (for all the domination game play/mechanics that was promised but ended up cut). The real issue being that this was supposed to be the fantasy Arkham series, yet you don't have the Arkham trilogy on your list.

Doctor Ut loves the Arkham series. Unfortunately, only asylum and city were good.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That's fine, either have exceedingly more game play than SoM. Neither made you recommendation list but SoM did.

Due to ingenuity. :) The orc behavior system was very well done. And something fresh.

Hey I recommended arkham VR. :) that kinda counts.

spronk

FPS noob
you should definitely get PUBG on pc, its super addictive and fun even if you suck at FPS' its not a big deal, just don't jump off the plane and get forced off and then kill a bunch of bots with your fists and feel powerful

also discounts on GMG and stuff i think

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Andromeda Deluxe Edition is on sale for Xbox One and PS4 at $22 on Amazon. The game is entertaining enough to warrant picking up at that price point.

• 1SJW