Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

khorum

Murder Apologist
ME3 was actually great until the very ending. The ending was a goddamned catastrophe.

And really, the ACTUAL ending was the Citadel DLC sendoff. That's where they wrapped up all the stories going all the way back to the ME1. In fact, they did such a good job with the Citadel DLC that it takes a few scenes into it for you to realize they had ALL THAT IN THE GAME but decided to spin it off into a fucking DLC instead.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
ME3 was actually great until the very ending. The ending was a goddamned catastrophe.

And really, the ACTUAL ending was the Citadel DLC sendoff. That's where they wrapped up all the stories going all the way back to the ME1. In fact, they did such a good job with the Citadel DLC that it takes a few scenes into it for you to realize they had ALL THAT IN THE GAME but decided to spin it off into a fucking DLC instead.

You can't tell me a fucking Raiden from MGS suddenly showing up and back flipping between flying vehicles wasnt a giant "WTF is this anime bullshit" moment?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
More like best trilogy for 2.9 games. I like a lot of three but they just shit themselves on the landing,

You people forget the monumental fuck you that was Javik? 3's problems extended far beyond shit tier writing of Kai Lang and the ending.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I had the DLC for havok but never did much with it. Again, refresh me what was epic bad about him? I feel like I missed stuff

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What was bad about Kai leng I don’t remember anything but him trying to kill people
He was just an absolutely horribly written character. Whiny little bitch who just ran away every time you had to fight him all while running his mouth like a little kid.
I had the DLC for havok but never did much with it. Again, refresh me what was epic bad about him? I feel like I missed stuff
He was Day 1 DLC for a central lore element of the game. It was just a fuck you give me money to every one who played ME1 and 2.

• 3Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Nothing other than the ashes quote. He was hugely underutilized considering what he was. He should have been a part of the main roster or not been made at all

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What was bad about Kai leng I don’t remember anything but him trying to kill people

He made absolutely no sense in the mass effect universe. It was a science fiction franchise, sure, but it was believable and at least grounded somewhat in reality.

Then all of a sudden an anime character shows up and space ninjas are suddenly a thing. A series based on tactical cover based shooting and suddenly you have a human dodging bullets and doing gymnastics on the battlefield. I'm sure some weaboo's thought he was awesome, but it was such a wtf moment made worse by him dropping shitty 1 liners and having the most ridiculous plot armor.

It was the moment the franchise, and really Bioware as a whole, started its nosedive that it never recovered from.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
He was just an absolutely horribly written character. Whiny little bitch who just ran away every time you had to fight him all while running his mouth like a little kid.

He was Day 1 DLC for a central lore element of the game. It was just a fuck you give me money to every one who played ME1 and 2.
He was Day 1 DLC that you could enable via unpacking their INI files and changing a single line. So they may have intended him to be part of the main game at some point, but later decided to milk it even further.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Javik dialogue for EVERYTHING. More dialogue than any other character. He was clearly designed to be a main part of the game that they chopped out and turned into DLC. He's actually pretty damn awesome, which makes it a real shame that they went full EA.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
TA31ZQt.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Other than the bungled ending, Javik's quote is going to be the one thing that stands out from ME3. It was a good bit of writing.

"Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer"

• 2Like
  • 1Hodjing

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I do agree that BW bungled the ending of the ME series with Javik. They had so much potential and just wasted it. And to add insult to injury, they charged you an additional $20 on top of that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even though I bought it on 360, I pirated it on PC a long ways back so I could see the DLC without giving them money. Omega was kinda dumb but Citadel was some pretty fun fan service and Leviathan was not only awesome but it confirmed my theory about the origin of the reapers.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Leviathan was amazing story, better content than any game, and many didn’t play it because it was dlc like 18 months later. I hate when DLC has the most important game elements and it’s so much later.

Same issues with Castlevania Lord of Shadows and Dargon Age 3

DA last DLC was must play story to set up the next game and explain the story of 3. But it came out so much later most skipped.

Castlevania....the entire fall of Gabriel and what made him Dracula was DLC much later. I don’t mind paying for more content, I just don’t want to miss must play content because of delays.

I loved lord of shadows, great ending with a great twist, next game was trash but picks up much later and you never get A to B unless you played DLC and I don’t like that. DLC should be like Blood and Wine or a heart of Stone for Witcher.

You don’t need to play them to complete the story, but it provides top notch content and extends the greatness of a game.

• 3Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Javik was awesome to bad BioWare fucked everyone locking him behind a paywall.

I loved how Liara was all excited to meet a real Promethean and out of the cyro chamber comes a belligerent racist asshole.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Certainly not excited, but I'll play it. It's not like there are many sci-fi action rpg's around. Gotta take what I can get.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity