Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I've already posted this, but it's an 8+ year old coop horde survival mode. It was fine at the time but without a major overhaul there's no way I'd be interested in playing it over Vermintide, Deep Rock, or WWZ.

I understand your stance but people are still playing ME3 MP today, it was pretty fucking fun and they kept adding awesome kits to it as it went along.

If they leave the end of ME3 as it is and don't include MP I really see zero reasons to buy this because after all the hard fucking work you put in through all of ME1 and ME2 along with all of the character decisions and then the resource building throughout ME3 and the forming of galaxy-spanning alliances it ultimately amounts to, "Either all human life dies, Shepherd sacrifices himself to win, you all become hybrids of the thing that you're fighting, or despite the entire story arc with Geth showing them to have emotions and struggling to be recognised as a new species you press the button and wipe out all synthetic life and resort to genocide to survive".

Seriously after all this time I still absolutely fucking hate the bunch of cunts who came up with those choices.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I played the hell out of ME3 MP. Hundreds of hours in beta+release. My infiltrator skills with my black widow were second to none and every day was leg day as carried scrub-teams to victory.

A few years post release I had the itch to play it again. Played for two nights and uninstalled, just burnt out from it still. Can't imagine playing another match.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Combat in ME is trash tier unless you're Vanguard. I never played ME3 multiplayer though. Did they do something to make it more than just waist-high duck and cover "shooter"?

• 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Combat in ME is trash tier unless you're Vanguard. I never played ME3 multiplayer though. Did they do something to make it more than just waist-high duck and cover "shooter"?
In ME3 multiplayer if you're not shooting you're losing because your shit is about to get run over. The strategy and skill is all about dealing damage while taking minimal damage.

What's funny is I played the ME3 multiplayer in beta a TON and when the real game came out I thought I would roflstomp everything on the hardest mode using the skills I gained. Nope. In singleplayer if you don't duck and cover with the tempo of whatever mission you're on you'll get rekt. Plus all the skill I learned at having a near-zero aiming time as infiltrator was irrelevant since you have bullet time :|

I wish I took videos of myself playing ME3 MP. The sound brings back memories "bang bang bang-reload-cloak-repeat".

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yeah, you had some amazing kits. Really cool variations on the Vanguard and Infiltrator builds, plenty of sword action. There was an Adept kit that clothed herself in this energy bubble that used to fasten on to enemies then you could detonate it in close combat. So many amazing kits. Plus they added nearly all the races, Volus Adept, Geth Juggernaut that was pretty much inkillable except on Platinum, Batarian Vanguard, Promethean, an Eva infiltrator job, even a Collector.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Mass effect made me care more about a character in a video game then ever before or since, for that alone it is up there with the best of all time.

View attachment 316412

IMO, better than Star Wars, the way it was. If they gimp the Asari into blue SJW fuckbois, not so much.

About multiplayer part : Hell, I'd still be playing that if they made something that didn't run like shit on WINE. Sure, EA and Valve have come together, but I don't really feel like spending the money all over again just to get the games running on Proton.

Fadaar

That guy
i didn't actually read the title of that trailer or your post text until after the video was over, i was really confused

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Looks to be set right after ME 3
The only ME4 I'd want to play is one where you play as a faction of Geth whose goal is to wipe out all sentient life in the galaxy and then turn off.

I really don't have it in me to play 30 minutes of duck and cover shooting followed by an hour of playing therapist to a bunch of losers.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 10 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only ME4 I'd want to play is one where you play as a faction of Geth whose goal is to wipe out all sentient life in the galaxy and then turn off.

I really don't have it in me to play 30 minutes of duck and cover shooting followed by an hour of playing therapist to a bunch of losers.

From that trailer I'm guessing you're going to be a trans(A)sari.

It might be the one thing we failed to try the first time round to beat the Reapers. Hot sex and the correct use of gender pronouns!

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well at least it's in the Milky Way.

99% sure that's Liara looking for whatever's left of Shepard after you take the only correct pick (which was to ignore all three choices and just start blazing)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
I'm more than willing to pay that kind of money for that much content brought up to date. More publishers should do this.

Same. Modern AAA gaming is pretty shit now days. I will buy this day 1 as it is one of my favorite RPG series. I was pretty happy to see they are remastering Prince of Persia. Wish they would have remastered the trilogy like Mass Effect is. Hope they remaster some more old classics.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Finding a memento for her Human-Asari child that she had with Shepherd despite it being impossible. The same child that will struggle against their human side as humans have become Xenophobic warmongerers under the lead of the new Cerberus, and it's Trump-like leader. The child (Female of course) has to come to grips with her mother (Liara) being brutally murdered by xenophobic human zealots in front of her very eyes.

The game's storyline will be narrowly escaping Earth after Liara is murdered, and the child of Sheperd will have to try to enlist the survivors of the other races to help restore Earth to its more tolerant ways.

*Cue Mass Effect theme*

Mass Effect: Unity

• 2Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 5 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finding a memento for her Human-Asari child that she had with Shepherd despite it being impossible. The same child that will struggle against their human side as humans have become Xenophobic warmongerers under the lead of the new Cerberus, and it's Trump-like leader. The child (Female of course) has to come to grips with her mother (Liara) being brutally murdered by xenophobic human zealots in front of her very eyes.

The game's storyline will be narrowly escaping Earth after Liara is murdered, and the child of Sheperd will have to try to enlist the survivors of the other races to help restore Earth to its more tolerant ways.

*Cue Mass Effect theme*

Mass Effect: Unity

It's scary because it's credible.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is something I would have been super into 5 years ago. Never platinumed any of the three, or even checked out any of the DLCs. ME1 and ME2 were two of my absolute favorite games from the PS3 gen (played them on the trilogy re-release). I mean they really got me thinking about space and the universe in a way nothing had in years. I even started watching Star Trek again, went back and saw a lot of the stuff I missed like DS9). In other words I should be jumping for this, but I'm not. Dunno, Andromeda just killed my enthusiasm for all things Mass Effect. It's similar to how Star Wars Episode 8 didn't just cause me to avoid any further SW movies, it also retroactively made me not even want to watch the old ones anymore.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
watch Mandalorian and you might rekindle your love, after that we've been watching Clone Wars and loving it, and its pretty cool there are 4-5 new Star Wars TV shows and at least half sound good. At this point I just pretend Episodes 7-9 don't exist, just like Mass Effect Andromeda.

I agree though Mass Effect is probably a lost cause, but I will definitely replay 1-3 and enjoy them. I loved 2 and as long as they don't fuck with the game (a big if, admittedly) it should still hold up.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
watch Mandalorian and you might rekindle your love, after that we've been watching Clone Wars and loving it, and its pretty cool there are 4-5 new Star Wars TV shows and at least half sound good. At this point I just pretend Episodes 7-9 don't exist, just like Mass Effect Andromeda.

I agree though Mass Effect is probably a lost cause, but I will definitely replay 1-3 and enjoy them. I loved 2 and as long as they don't fuck with the game (a big if, admittedly) it should still hold up.
Mass Effect 1-3 were already pretty "woke" with Freddy Prince Jr. and Kaden wanting to bang you. But, I'd be absolutely shocked if they didn't shoehorn in some more SJW bullshit.