Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

Nester

Vyemm Raider
If your not adding popsicle to your ignore list right now your fucking up.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
At no point did I ever mention DLCs.

You too dumb to realize you've been replying to mutiple people.

But please, continue tell me how I'm the idiot here

Exactly? You keep making up hyperbolic lies about things you claim I said about the entire game, then the entire series, when your first response was about the one scene in one DLC that was being discussed.

We were discussing one thing, and you extrapolated that into some hyperbolic nonsense. Then when I corrected you went with the always admirable "stop attacking me" defense.

I honestly don't know why. I've asked, but you don't answer and just lie more. It's pretty dumb.

You're right, though, I'm the dumb one because I realize who I have been replying to.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
If your not adding popsicle to your ignore list right now your fucking up.

Feel free to ignore me and move on like a man, instead of trying to rally moral support like the seething cunt would you actually are.

Nothing worse than an insecure, pathetic "right guys, right?" sort of bitch.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dude, you are rapidly becoming the Manessa of the gaming forum with this edge lording shit. ME2 has flaws and (to my mind) is probably the weakest of the three, but it had some really good character arcs in it and well written characters that became even more flushed out in ME3. The mission was actually secondary to the team being assembled to set up the third act, which is kind of a flaw with many trilogy stories.

But its not some shit pile of a game like Andromeda and you should probably stop sperging out over people disagreeing with you.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Dude, you are rapidly becoming the Manessa of the gaming forum with this edge lording shit. ME2 has flaws and (to my mind) is probably the weakest of the three, but it had some really good character arcs in it and well written characters that became even more flushed out in ME3. The mission was actually secondary to the team being assembled to set up the third act, which is kind of a flaw with many trilogy stories.

But its not some shit pile of a game like Andromeda and you should probably stop sperging out over people disagreeing with you.

Did your fat ass eat your own brain? Aside from sperging out with Ambitarder (not bad, eh??) over nothing to do with Mass Effect, I've been making pretty boring observations that are literally exactly your points.

I haven't sperged out over anyone disagreeing with me. Ambitarder isn't anyone, first of all, and it never disagreed with anything that wasn't random strawman arguments he invented just to start an internet fight because he thinks the more people calling him a retard the more controversial and revolutionary his retarded perspectives must be and is desperate for that attention for some reason.

Back to you. You seem butt hurt because I questioned your non-sequitor. I said one scene in a DLC was cringe and lame, and your big brain countered with some retarded "aktually" about the DLC as a whole being considered great.

Do you see how that is a non-sequitor? Do you see how that didn't disagree with anything I posted about the one scene being idiotic and out of place?

Your reasoning: sometimes you need some levity! Sure, great, should they just add banana peels into random scenes to make sure there are some laughs? No. If they can't find a way to add levity to a scene on a way that isn't contrived, cringe worthy nonsense, then maybe they should not just force it in.

It's actually a theme in ME2. A bunch of stuff feels disconnected and stitched together,bad if cool parts that are irrelevant or lame will build to a greater whole. But instead it just leaves me wondering why there are game mechanics left in that don't serve any real purpose, like fueling, and scenes within a sub story that felt out of place, like the sky chase.

In fact, that one is so blatant because they added an entire driving mechanic that is contrived and pointless. It wasn't challenging, fun or interesting (just my opinions, if the fact police are watching!). In fact, it felt like some cringe writer was so proud of their Rush Hour dialog that some other dev who was a big fan of JJ Abrams was like sweet I can finally do a space car chase.

It's like a bunch of friends sitting around getting high saying "wouldn't it be cool if..." ME2 didn't seem to have anyone in charge of asking why, how, and then saying no.

If you can make a coherent response to what I actually posted, that would be awesome as I obviously find this particular game interesting. But instead you made a stupid non-sequitor point and then took offense to me "arguing" when I pointed it out.

Oh, yeah, right everyone who agrees is discussing, and anyone who doesn't is arguing. Forgot.

Thinking that scene of Liara and Shepard bicking like idiots during a pointless driving mechanic is lame isn't exactly controversial. So why did that trigger you and Ambitarder? Why are you so pissy about things you think I said that I didn't? And continuing to present points we agree on as if they refute anything I've said?

Honest question, because 9/10 times someone is pissy and going aktually on strawmen it's because they're actually butt hurt about a completely unrelated thread or topic. What's really troubling you, friend?

• 1GreNeg
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Did your fat ass eat your own brain? Aside from sperging out with Ambitarder (not bad, eh??) over nothing to do with Mass Effect, I've been making pretty boring observations that are literally exactly your points.

I haven't sperged out over anyone disagreeing with me. Ambitarder isn't anyone, first of all, and it never disagreed with anything that wasn't random strawman arguments he invented just to start an internet fight because he thinks the more people calling him a retard the more controversial and revolutionary his retarded perspectives must be and is desperate for that attention for some reason.

Back to you. You seem butt hurt because I questioned your non-sequitor. I said one scene in a DLC was cringe and lame, and your big brain countered with some retarded "aktually" about the DLC as a whole being considered great.

Do you see how that is a non-sequitor? Do you see how that didn't disagree with anything I posted about the one scene being idiotic and out of place?

Your reasoning: sometimes you need some levity! Sure, great, should they just add banana peels into random scenes to make sure there are some laughs? No. If they can't find a way to add levity to a scene on a way that isn't contrived, cringe worthy nonsense, then maybe they should not just force it in.

It's actually a theme in ME2. A bunch of stuff feels disconnected and stitched together,bad if cool parts that are irrelevant or lame will build to a greater whole. But instead it just leaves me wondering why there are game mechanics left in that don't serve any real purpose, like fueling, and scenes within a sub story that felt out of place, like the sky chase.

In fact, that one is so blatant because they added an entire driving mechanic that is contrived and pointless. It wasn't challenging, fun or interesting (just my opinions, if the fact police are watching!). In fact, it felt like some cringe writer was so proud of their Rush Hour dialog that some other dev who was a big fan of JJ Abrams was like sweet I can finally do a space car chase.

It's like a bunch of friends sitting around getting high saying "wouldn't it be cool if..." ME2 didn't seem to have anyone in charge of asking why, how, and then saying no.

If you can make a coherent response to what I actually posted, that would be awesome as I obviously find this particular game interesting. But instead you made a stupid non-sequitor point and then took offense to me "arguing" when I pointed it out.

Oh, yeah, right everyone who agrees is discussing, and anyone who doesn't is arguing. Forgot.

Thinking that scene of Liara and Shepard bicking like idiots during a pointless driving mechanic is lame isn't exactly controversial. So why did that trigger you and Ambitarder? Why are you so pissy about things you think I said that I didn't? And continuing to present points we agree on as if they refute anything I've said?

Honest question, because 9/10 times someone is pissy and going aktually on strawmen it's because they're actually butt hurt about a completely unrelated thread or topic. What's really troubling you, friend?

Ya man, you're normal and everyone else is crazy

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
pizza fire GIF

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
jesus christ dude i'd rather carry on a conversation with Vanessa, just give it a fucking rest

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
jesus christ dude i'd rather carry on a conversation with Vanessa, just give it a fucking rest

I agree Ambiturner Ambiturner should give it a rest. Or his retardation is the kind of juvenile outbursts you're good with?

I like Tuco pretending the thread is too hot for him after days of low quality trolling (I hope) posting about how the Mako and pod racing were actually great.

We rarely get the internet forum discussions we want, but this shit is exactly what is deserved.

• 1Moron
  • 1GreNeg

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
If he'd just saved this meltdown for that he'd get nothing but solidarities and truths

Why is so much of what you post focused on a collective sense of support and validation. It's weird. Look back at even most of your posts in our very enlightening discussion.

They often appeal to some sense of us vs them mentality that is irrelevant and dubious, but you reference as a means to validate your positions.

You talk for other people, citing their perceived support of you and your approach, as if you're representing the group on a mission you've been chosen to represent.

You fixate on likes and the validation you seem to ascribe to them.

Is it narcissism? Or insecurity? Low self esteem? Or I suppose all those things can be entwined.

Either way, it's interesting, and funny to me because then people who were not on a side of this argument end up finding themselves unwittingly and probably uncomfortably on a side of something that didn't have sides until you made an appeal to a faux sense of us vs them that simply didn't exist or need to exist.

You really are the "right guys, right? I mean, c'mon right guys?" guy. I'm a dick and hard headed and won't let things go for my own interest or entertainment, but you? Gross.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Manessa.jpg

• 2Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Drunk posti.... gaming weekend start already? I am not slated to begin until tomorrow at 5 :(

• 2Worf

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
What specifically? I'd love a discussion as I'm not above considering my opinion is wrong or incomplete.

ME2 gets a bit better as you get through more actual plot points and story elements, but that also has the side effect of also making all the ancillary stuff more frustrating. So the meter goes up and down, but still falling securely on average.
Sorry for not finishing my reply last night. This is what I started to write:

Weeeeellll, I don't know that this is a gap that we can cross. Some people who like chocolate, some people like vanilla, and it seems like this is one game/series for which that without the context of being in 2012, you aren't getting.

A big part of the enjoyment is interacting with the team and the personalities. For ME2, after Shepard is literally killed, Liara so cared for Shepard that she went from Scholarly archeologist to hunting down the most feared information broker in the galaxy to
becoming the Shadow Broker herself
. Shepard makes a deal with the people he most hates most in Alliance Space after they effectively and literally Sci-Fi him back from the dead and give him clues towards the next target for the enemies they both seem to have in the Reapers. You get a potentially Suicide Squad of old friends and new recruits to execute this mission. What you do and how you prep determines who lives and dies on this mission. You can save everyone or no one.

It's much more focused, tighter and limited in scope than the first game, which was a wide open adventure covering the galaxy with a really cinematic ending but still gives you a full wide open sector of the galaxy to explore and adventure in.
All in all, its the interactions with your squad mates that may be the most engaging and rewarding. They are all written as real characters, not just one dimensional Big_alien_with_shotgun_01, they all have histories and complexities that reward you for your interactions, for taking the time to have those conversations and for most of us, keep bringing us back to the different parts of the ship to unlock the next conversation after each mission.

All of this is of your own accord, however; you can do the bare minimum, and some will live and some will die and if you are ok with that, then that is how it will be. Other characters will take their place in ME3 and the story will continue to unfold, just like the real world.

What makes it a great game, though, is that *you* drive those choices, and reap the rewards and develop those connections, between the Shepard and the squad and you the player and those characters.

It was emotional to come to the end of ME3, and a big part of the backlash was how shittily they tried to end it. And why ME4 will probably be one of the biggest games of whatever year it comes out in.

I enjoyed ME1 for what it tried to be and what it succeeded at doing: Peak Bioware and amazing Grand character driven Space Opera. ME2 was a much more focused game that furthered the story and advanced the relationships, the human interactions, the characters and really gave the audience something to engage with, and ME3 was probably peak gameplay with an attempt to wrap up the stories as best they could and deliver a satisfying end the trilogy; mixed results on that front, to say the least. You can see the end of Bioware in that game, I don't know if they knew it yet but it was starting even then.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
still think the whole ME story was 2nd only to Witcher 3 as far as story that actually felt movie-ish for me. Definitely had some moments at the end of 3, for some reason I felt connected to my shep, especially after the second. Lots of shit happens , decisions mattered … there wasn’t much of that Going on back then In RPGs was there ?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
still think the whole ME story was 2nd only to Witcher 3 as far as story that actually felt movie-ish for me. Definitely had some moments at the end of 3, for some reason I felt connected to my shep, especially after the second. Lots of shit happens , decisions mattered … there wasn’t much of that Going on back then In RPGs was there ?

I was feeling the same way.

Then Kai Leng showed up and now all i feel is bitterness