Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still don't get why they didn't leave the heat system alone. I would have much preferred dealing with that in 2 & 3 rather than running around for ammo pickups like every other generic shooter. They even had a reasonable explanation for how the guns in ME1 worked and why heat was the issue instead of ammo.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Having ammo at least opened up the variety for weapons even if 90% of them were dogshit. As an Infiltrator you had no reason to use anything beyond an SMG with ultralight materials, Paladin or Carnifex Pistol, and either Valiant or Widow sniper. With heat it's a just a matter of pure DPS before overheating.

Jozu

I like the reloading rather than overheating.

It adds another layer to the combat cycle, as well as creating an entire new weapon attribute. Not just in reloading itself, but rather reload speed, size of clip, and ammo conservation, in terms of being more economical with your shots.

Overheating can masquerade as a reload, but IMO it shouldnt be an entire mechanic. For example, make SOME weapons have a overheat feature instead of regular reload.

ME1 is literally my favorite game of all time. I want to play this but I cant spend 60+ $.

I know you can go the EA pro route or whatever for 15$ a month, I might have to do that.

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I still don't get why they didn't leave the heat system alone. I would have much preferred dealing with that in 2 & 3 rather than running around for ammo pickups like every other generic shooter. They even had a reasonable explanation for how the guns in ME1 worked and why heat was the issue instead of ammo.
they had an explanation but it was not reasonable.

"bro what if we just shave off tiny amounts of this block and then fire them like, *really* fast???"

Jozu

Im so pumped playing ME1 again.

The enchanced graphics and better UI is clean. This should be fun, I dont know if I will go full do everything mode but its been so long I forgot a lot of the story and events outside of Virmire and Feros and the ending.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol they didn't lock Arrival to the post-game?

The other shit is kinda trivial, like if you start Lair of the Shadow Broker as soon as it's available you miss out on finding out bits of what Liara has been up to, and you similarly miss a quest or two from whats her name if you do Omega as soon as it's available. But Arrival is meant to be played immediately before ME3 and apparently you can access it like 1/3rd of the way through ME2.

• 2Worf

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition Fails to Give Context to its DLC

Anyone fallen foul of the issue described in the article?

Basically, with all of the DLC being available immediately, rather than released after people played through at least once, it's causing storyline issues and shutting folks out of base game missions.
For anyone re-playing the trilogy prior to the Legendary Edition..this would have been an issue, so this isn't new. There are plenty of guides out there that give suggestions on when to do which DLC during a playthrough.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I like the reloading rather than overheating.

It adds another layer to the combat cycle, as well as creating an entire new weapon attribute. Not just in reloading itself, but rather reload speed, size of clip, and ammo conservation, in terms of being more economical with your shots.

Overheating can masquerade as a reload, but IMO it shouldnt be an entire mechanic. For example, make SOME weapons have a overheat feature instead of regular reload.

ME1 is literally my favorite game of all time. I want to play this but I cant spend 60+ $.

I know you can go the EA pro route or whatever for 15$ a month, I might have to do that.

Its 3 games for $60. I think your crazy for missing out on the remastered version of "your favorite game of all time"

• 2Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Getting close the end of ME1, such a great sci-fi game. I never get tired of the music and visuals of going to new planets. Playing thru on the XSX, on a console for the first time, the minigames are so much easier, LE is so great as well, what an amazing experience. Virmire up next, and then the rush to the end. How did they make them this good in 2007 and can't get close to this today?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
ME1 was just one of those games that was ahead of it's time. Remember being totally mindblown playing this back in the day.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
The planets were one of the first things to draw me in to ME1. I mean, yah, I was invested in the story. But man, nothing beats standing on top of that alien pyramid, with nothing around.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Jozu

Thats exactly what I did. Biomutant and ME for 15$, its a great deal.

What I notice as well is I actually feel like the stakes in the ME plot matter, and I can take the plot seriously, which makes reading codex entries and listening to banter engaging. When you care about a games storyline that game ends up being 2 times better than it would have been otherwise.

They crafted such an impressive universe and narrative. Human / Turian conflict is interesting, the rachni wars and subsequent krogan rebellion is awesome, the prospect of Dreadnaughts from each species being limited by diplomacy etc, its just all so well done. And I didnt even mention the Geth or the Reapers, which is even more engaging.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I know it's selfish in a way, but I wish there had been another game between Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 where you are just being a Spectre and dealing with stuff using the full crew before the events that open ME2 and send you spiraling.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users