Matrix prequel trilogy in the works for 2017

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Temple of Doom was the only prequel i can think of being awesome. i actually saw that in the theater and then said fuck it and hung around to watch the next showing. only time i have ever done that. godfather 2 is not a prequel, its a sequel with flashback scenes. keep in mind that the flashbacks were extra long because you probably watched the "complete godfather" boxed set version back in the day. hey i did too. the flashback was the best part of that movie and all the cuba/trial/harpy wife stuff took years for it to grow on me. can anyone name a decent prequel besides Indy 2?
Temple of Doom doesn't even remotely come close to being as good as Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's way to violent, way to corny with a horrid female lead.

Blackyce

Dang
frown.png

Attack of the Clones is better than Empire!
I'm calling Internet Troll.

rrr_img_62405.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Temple of Doom doesn't even remotely come close to being as good as Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's way to violent, way to corny with a horrid female lead.
Raiders is better made flick, no doubt, i just loved the shit out of temple of doom. still like watching it to this day. i had no problem with Willie, i know she is widely hated, didnt bother me.

Blackyce

Raiders is better made flick, no doubt, i just loved the shit out of temple of doom. still like watching it to this day. i had no problem with Willie, i know she is widely hated, didnt bother me.
Temple of Doom was like the Jurrasic Park of the 80's. Really great special effects, shitty story and dialogue.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Besides the Good
Red Dragon
Aliens
Fast and furious ( if you like those movies)
Oz
X-Men first class? It is tied to the original movies
Bourne? could have swore one of them was a prequel

I know there is some more

As for this year
Days of future Past
Dame to kill
Maleficient
Maleficent is a retelling with a different perspective, Dame to Kill For might count but they really just did it out of order to begin with, Days of Future past is a reboot too right? Or a sequel? Kind of blending the lines on that one. Aliens, Fast and the Furious, and Bourne are all sequels. Oz was terrible.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The kid annoyed some people to, but those people are Nazi's who hate freedom.

Calling it the weakest of the first three isn't really meant as an insult. It's not like it's the Matrix 3 of the series.

And even Matrix 3 was better than Indy 4.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maleficent is a retelling with a different perspective, Dame to Kill For might count but they really just did it out of order to begin with, Days of Future past is a reboot too right? Or a sequel? Kind of blending the lines on that one. Aliens, Fast and the Furious, and Bourne are all sequels. Oz was terrible.
First class is still a prequel, as for days of future past takes place in before and after the original first three x men movies so I dont know what that's considered

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Really I always thought of it as more of a reboot than a prequel. But it does tell the origin etc so I guess it would be. Monsters University, that one was pretty good, I had forgotten about that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Monster University was good and i liked xmen first class way better than i liked the wolverine movie. too bad the budget was fucking terrible on first class and we got asylum level special effects. oh well cant have everything.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah the book was much better than the movie. But still, the movie was fine. Temple was fine, too. It was no Raiders but it was a good movie and certainly better than anything getting put out these days. The only really bad thing about the movie was the casting of Spielberg's wife. She is awful.

Blackyce

Yeah the book was much better than the movie. But still, the movie was fine. Temple was fine, too. It was no Raiders but it was a good movie and certainly better than anything getting put out these days. The only really bad thing about the movie was the casting of Spielberg's wife. She is awful.
I never said they weren't fine. They were what they were, fun action movies with great special effects but crappy plot and dialogue. Temple of Doom was by far no Raiders of the Lost Ark and Jurrasic Park didn't even come close to the book it was based off of.

For the most part though, they were entertaining movies, both about a C+/B-

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I didn't even realize Temple of Doom was a Prequel to be perfectly honest I don't remember any of those movies felt cohesive enough for it to matter which order they take place in, some random mostly insignificant female lead, some funny/awesome side characters and Indy.

iannis

Musty Nester
Temple of Doom took a really, really, really dark turn.

Of course it made a boatload of money. But I wonder if they'd always planned to do all 3. Because Temple of Doom has that real "second movement" shift, and it works pretty well in the context of three movies, but.

Lost Ark and Last Crusade can stand by themselves. Temple of Doom can't as well. Crystal Skullreallycan't.

I'm sure they planned it as three. I do remember being pretty disappointed with Temple of Doom when I first saw it, but it ages well.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I always really liked it. Maybe because of my age at the time. And it was so different from anything else I had ever seen. And the huge scene shifts, from Shanghai to the mountain to the village to the palace. And that ending with the bridge, classic.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Besides the Good
Red Dragon
Aliens
Fast and furious ( if you like those movies)
Oz
X-Men first class? It is tied to the original movies
Bourne? could have swore one of them was a prequel

I know there is some more

As for this year
Days of future Past
Dame to kill
Maleficient
As Chaos said, Aliens is not a prequel.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The mine cart chase was done with miniatures and it still holds up well to today. The cgi green screen sword fight through the jungle in indy 4 between mutt and ivana looked fucking terrible as i watched it on the big screen in 2009.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm betting you never read the book?
I'll take your money. Read it and Lost World. Lost World is a really, really bad book. Even the movie was better.

JP is a good book, but I was seven and wanted to be an archaeologist when JP came out. That was the premier movie of childhood. I think my parents took me to the theater over 10 times to see it. I didn't read the book until six or so years later.