mattresses

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't know if I catch the reference here.

Period started.. I didn't want to explicitly lay it out.
Cliff notes: TGWBYH thread, Dabamf, Korean girl, butt and/or vag discharge (I forget, and am now horrified trying to recall).

And, beaten by Gravy.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any new thoughts on mattresses? There are so many online companies these days I don’t even know where to start other than ignoring them altogether and going to one of the 10,000 mattress stores.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm actually curious about this also. We are way past due for a new mattress. Been looking at this one https://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Cloud-UltraPlush-Gel-Max-Mattress

Intrinsic Intrinsic and Void Void you guys posted back in 2014 about getting a memory foam mattress off of Amazon. How have they held up?

Was great for a while, but back in Feb I moved it to the guest room. Got way too soft and I started having bad neck / back pain. Bought a Saatva and have loved it.

The memory foam was great but just didn’t hold up. For the cost though, I ain’t mad.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Any new thoughts on mattresses? There are so many online companies these days I don’t even know where to start other than ignoring them altogether and going to one of the 10,000 mattress stores.

I dunno about new mattresses. I got a Serta something or other almost 10 years ago. It's still fine. Mine isn't a pillow top whatever. Standard mostly hard mattress. I keep one of those extra thick covers on it, and rotate the mattress itself North to South once every few years. It's till fine. I'm pretty picky about sleep comfort, and I'm out in less than a minute with this one. My GF sometimes likes a softer sleep, so I fold a thick blanket in half and cover it with a bed sheet = cloud to her.

The biggest trend in foam tops is they make them as much like spring mattresses as possible...which is to say they are making them with springs with a pillow type of _x material on top.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm a big fan of Serta. I don't mind spring as long as they aren't audible or I can feel them. I spent a couple Grand on ours. I definitely prefer these types of mattresses over the new trend of rolled up mattresses that are a few hundred

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My wife and I purchased a new Leesa Mattress when we first moved out to Hawaii. It's a California King, and I love it. Ran me right around $950 after tax (due to Bertcast discount). We really like this bed. Extremely comfortable, and doesn't cause overheating the way some memory foam mattresses do. The only down side after almost 3 years (the mattress was officially delivered around June 15th, 2016) is that my side sags a lot more than the rest of the bed. Granted, I'm heavier. I hover in the 225 lbs range. Immediately to the left of where I lay, the bed is a lot more firm than my indentation area. Oh well, still very comfortable.

So I called up Leesa based on my review and the sag in the mattress. They said that it may qualify for a warranty replacement. I need to take some pictures of the mattress and then wait for a resolution. I'll let you know how everything goes.

Last edited:

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Internet mattresses scare me but I guess if the guarantee actually works and isn’t a nightmare to return then it’s worth a shot.

We’ve had a pillow top for 10 years and I’ve gotten a bit heavier lately so worried im going to hate memory foam.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm actually curious about this also. We are way past due for a new mattress. Been looking at this one https://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Cloud-UltraPlush-Gel-Max-Mattress

Intrinsic Intrinsic and Void Void you guys posted back in 2014 about getting a memory foam mattress off of Amazon. How have they held up?
Pretty much exactly the same response as Intrinsic for me. It was great for several years, and then it started killing my back. Maybe I got fatter, maybe it was the mattress, I dunno.

I bought a new one that someone else mentioned a few months ago, figuring I might get another couple of years out of it. It was some Green Tea mattress. It was half the cost of my old one, which was nice, and it feels ok for the first few hours, but if I sleep over five or six hours straight, my back starts to hurt really bad. Again, could be fatness, but I am not that much heavier than when I bought the first one five years ago, and that one instantly fixed my sore back (until it wore out).

One difference I instantly noticed was that the first one I had literally molded to my body like memory foam is supposed to. Eventually that wore out, and now it is just kind of a big foam mattress. This new one doesn't mold itself to my shape either, and I feel like that's why my back is still hurting, because it is just a big foam block too.

So I don't know if it is just that this one is cheaper, or not supportive enough, or something else. But I'd have returned it if there was a feasible way to do so...and if I hadn't tossed my old mattress immediately. Still, for the cost, I'll just suffer through another year or two and then hopefully get another one that works better.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Pretty much exactly the same response as Intrinsic for me. It was great for several years, and then it started killing my back. Maybe I got fatter, maybe it was the mattress, I dunno.

I bought a new one that someone else mentioned a few months ago, figuring I might get another couple of years out of it. It was some Green Tea mattress. It was half the cost of my old one, which was nice, and it feels ok for the first few hours, but if I sleep over five or six hours straight, my back starts to hurt really bad. Again, could be fatness, but I am not that much heavier than when I bought the first one five years ago, and that one instantly fixed my sore back (until it wore out).

One difference I instantly noticed was that the first one I had literally molded to my body like memory foam is supposed to. Eventually that wore out, and now it is just kind of a big foam mattress. This new one doesn't mold itself to my shape either, and I feel like that's why my back is still hurting, because it is just a big foam block too.

So I don't know if it is just that this one is cheaper, or not supportive enough, or something else. But I'd have returned it if there was a feasible way to do so...and if I hadn't tossed my old mattress immediately. Still, for the cost, I'll just suffer through another year or two and then hopefully get another one that works better.
sounds like you need a foam top over a mattress instead, but you need a 6 to 9in foam topper, a 3in isn't gonna do shit, you'll also then need to buy "deep" sheets to fit it all.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Bought this

in June/July.

Its been good, zero complaints. Went from a 3 thousand dollar mattress to this and happy about it. That is all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user