May 2015 MMO on the Month Club - Dungeon and Dragons Online

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
May 2015:

This month we'll be doing Dungeons and Dragons Online!

Download the FTP client here:

Dungeons and Dragons Online

Server name: Sarlona
Guild name: Rerolled

How to get an invite: Post here with your in game name and I can send you an in game invite via mail. Alternative you can look for Harfle or Zehnpai. I play mainly during weekdays (8 am ~ 5 pm EST, work is slow) and at night (8:30 pm to 11:30 pm EST). Thursday nights I'm typically on until 2 or 3 am.

DDO wiki- Wiki full of useful information
Dungeons and Dragons Online- Our thread full of Gavinmad bitching about the shitty server he insists on playing on

If you need help picking out a class or what 'build' you should aim for, just let me know and I'll be glad to help. Barbarian and Paladin are two very powerful classes with the latest updates if you just want to pick something and start swinging.

"I want to spend 10bux, what should I buy?"

You can sub for a month and unlock 99% of the content. Costs 15 bucks a month (or 120 bucks for a year). Since there's very little locked content pre-level 10 what most people recommend is playing until level 10, feeling if you enjoy it and if so then drop money. I played for nearly 5 years before spending any cash.

---------------------------

Welcome to the MMO of the Month Club!

For the past few years I've been bouncing between MMO's, trying different ones out. I've dragged my brother into it recently and we've been having a bit of fun. I know if I play any MMO by myself I'll get bored of it in about 2 days. I enjoy grouping or just having people to bullshit with while playing. Normally a new MMO comes out, is unpolished and shit and within a few weeks the forum guild falls to pieces and we all scatter leaving Lyrical as the only person still playing DC:UO.

What I'm thinking is we sort of semi-unionize here.

Each month we pick a game. Almost always going to be a F2P one. Not looking to break anybodies bank here. Pick a server (if they have one), form up a guild (if we can) and away we go. Then the next month we pick a new one and start all over. No obligations to raid or put years into the game. Just experience what the game has to offer, declare it beaten and then move on to the next one. If you really enjoy the game and want to keep playing, go for it.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
DDO is quite fun, until it isn't. (It has or used to have the lets kill this thing for the 9347th time in hope of X drop problem) But then that's what the "Of the Month" part is for no?

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I read that every third time through a quest drops ALL of the quest rewards at the end. I confirmed this through Shan-to-Kor quest line.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I read that every third time through a quest drops ALL of the quest rewards at the end. I confirmed this through Shan-to-Kor quest line.
Many do this, but there's also some chains that don't use that system, especially at higher levels.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
DDO is quite fun, until it isn't. (It has or used to have the lets kill this thing for the 9347th time in hope of X drop problem) But then that's what the "Of the Month" part is for no?
Pretty much. Loot in this game is like anti-everything I enjoy. It's not like EQ or WoW where you can at least expect the boss to drop something. Most bosses only have like a 7% chance to drop from their named list and then there will be 10 items on that particular list making it really, really tedious to get any specific item you want.

On the plus side with rare expection it isn't necessary to get BIS everything. Because stats don't really stack in DDO you're looking for 25 or so bonuses and the goal is to get them on as few armor pieces as possible so you can put your gimmick shit in other slots and swap things out less often. For example as a level 15 mage all I give a shit about is +int, +spellpower and +damage. If I can get that on 2 items instead of 3 (for example getting a hat with +spellpower AND +int on it) it means I free up other slots to get quality of life shit like +jump items and so forth.

So yeah.

Invite sent Fyff.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty much. Loot in this game is like anti-everything I enjoy. It's not like EQ or WoW where you can at least expect the boss to drop something. Most bosses only have like a 7% chance to drop from their named list and then there will be 10 items on that particular list making it really, really tedious to get any specific item you want.

On the plus side with rare expection it isn't necessary to get BIS everything. Because stats don't really stack in DDO you're looking for 25 or so bonuses and the goal is to get them on as few armor pieces as possible so you can put your gimmick shit in other slots and swap things out less often. For example as a level 15 mage all I give a shit about is +int, +spellpower and +damage. If I can get that on 2 items instead of 3 (for example getting a hat with +spellpower AND +int on it) it means I free up other slots to get quality of life shit like +jump items and so forth.

So yeah.

Invite sent Fyff.
Eh, once you get to the end of epic levels, loot is the least random it's ever been. Like 75% of your BIS will come from epic necro4, and I got 50% of the necro4 loot table from 3 story arc runs. Most of the people running necro4 are just farming for mythics, which means they'll let you roll/give you other drops, and you're guaranteed at least 1 named item for every story arc completion.

As for weapons, you can straight up buy the mats for a t2 thunderforge, and a t3 is a function of inevitability since you get 20 phlogs from your 20th Deathworm/Fire Peaks kills.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Seems most ppl quit on neverwinter and moved on to ddo last month. Alot of folks are now mucking about in swtor especially with the 12x exp that just rolled out for may the fourth.

Just saying.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Still running my script for my neverwinter dudes. As much as I loved DDO, its age screams at me when I attempt to play it again. I'll wait for next months MMO while I improve my game in dota 2 with this new patch.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
My repeater rogue just hit 23. All I can say is it is fucking easy to max out EDs. I already have 20/24 in my first ED. If swapping to another active one is low cost I will have them all capped before I reach my goal of 6 EPLs before my next TR. Also seeing crazy fast accrual of TR and ER mats. My first life was ranger, so I took Shiradi before I TRed. That was still the active one, so will get Primal Avatar next for Rejuv Cocoon twisting.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Played for about 20 min and while dated as fuck, I can see it being entertaining for a month

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My repeater rogue just hit 23. All I can say is it is fucking easy to max out EDs. I already have 20/24 in my first ED. If swapping to another active one is low cost I will have them all capped before I reach my goal of 6 EPLs before my next TR. Also seeing crazy fast accrual of TR and ER mats. My first life was ranger, so I took Shiradi before I TRed. That was still the active one, so will get Primal Avatar next for Rejuv Cocoon twisting.
Keep in mind if you ETR it wipes out all the karma in whatever sphere you choose, and you can only ETR in a tree you have max karma in.

It's a current build, but it's dependent on you being on a third life and having a +5 dex tome, which you won't unless you buy it from the store. I imagine you could tinker around with it to get it to work for a first life, but you'd lose a lot of str and con getting the dex you need for the TWF feat chain.

If you want to TWF on a first life, play a rogue. Their enhancements were just reviewed, so they're pretty much every bit as OP as barbarians are right now.

*edit*

If you want to play a barb, do something like Zoda's build. Although you'll probably want to stick with slashing weapons, good heroic mauls/great clubs are few and far between and he only uses mauls because of his epic destiny being better for bludgeoning weapons.

Zoda: Pure Zergbarian

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dex assassin with kukris looks pretty fun now. Don't even need int for assassinate anymore which lets you just pump up dex and con.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Keep in mind if you ETR it wipes out all the karma in whatever sphere you choose, and you can only ETR in a tree you have max karma in.
Yeah, looked the info up on wiki. Need 6M karma in a sphere for ER. Each ED takes 2M to cap. Going to cap all of primal for first EPL, then Martial. Not sure if I will go 3 each or mix it up with 1 each for divine and arcane too. Might save that for next life. I will say Shiradi is tits for repeater.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dex assassin with kukris looks pretty fun now. Don't even need int for assassinate anymore which lets you just pump up dex and con.
I think they get an enhancement that gives daggers the same expanded crit profile that kukris get, so you can mix kukris and daggers to your heart's content.

Yeah, looked the info up on wiki. Need 6M karma in a sphere for ER. Each ED takes 2M to cap. Going to cap all of primal for first EPL, then Martial. Not sure if I will go 3 each or mix it up with 1 each for divine and arcane too. Might save that for next life. I will say Shiradi is tits for repeater.
If you feel like being lazy you can just grind out all 6m in the same ED. Most of it will be wasted once you max your ED, but if you're ETRing that sphere it doesn't really matter.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If you feel like being lazy you can just grind out all 6m in the same ED. Most of it will be wasted once you max your ED, but if you're ETRing that sphere it doesn't really matter.
I'm just going to do a round of all 4 spheres and 4 ERs. That way I can just do whatever sphere I want while doing 20-28 for future ERs and have full flexibility. Shiradi is capped, so doing PA now, which means I will have Rejuv Cocoon for all future runs. Just need 3 in each sphere for 4th twist, then it's just a question of how fast I want to push out completionist. With the exception of druid run I am pretty much set on my 12 x/6 rogue/2 arti build to knock the rest out. Will most likely just do 1-28 runs then ER and TR since the mats come crazy fast just questing after 20.