May 2015 MMO on the Month Club - Dungeon and Dragons Online

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Flame turrets, circle of blades, buffs, and self heals are what I am gunning for. Like I said, I've played artificers before. When I get to 28 I just want to look at the numbers a bit and then bam, 2 more past life feats and off to next class for completionist. This is 4th life, so by the time I get it warlock will be out and I'll have to have done 14 lives for it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm just sayin, if I were you I'd take the TR at 20 instead of messing around in epic levels with an arti. Turret is completely useless in epic content, and blade barrier does shit damage. You can get Int to both hit and damage from harper enhancements, and Deadly is a drop in the bucket at epic levels.

What they really need to do whenever they review Artis is to make Deadly like a weaker version of Holy Sword. That kind of a dps buff alone would make artis a lot more desirable.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Sometimes a guy just wants to fuck around with a build, even it if it shit. If you just want to be the best there is why would anyone play anything but a pure barbarian? My current TR is a monstrosity of shit called the ranger-favored soul-artificer and I'm loving it. Far more than my pale trapper even but wizards can go fuck themselves after 20 anyways.

BTW, post here if you need a guild invite on Sarlona. The guild airship is getting pretty beefy now. Thursday/Friday night is when I'm most available. If you need any help starting up don't be afraid to ask.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
I think I mis-clicked when I removed one of my alts from the guild. Your name was wayoff or something wasn't it? Resent.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Did the Wheloon prison chain last night and had a lot of fun with the last quest where you use a mirror to switch between the light world and the dark world. I think my favorite part was where I told Serwol and Censured to change over in one room ahead of me and then they both instantly died because I forgot that in the Forgotten Realms dungeons they scale the number of enemies to your party size so what should have just been 1 shiradi assassin was 8.

I can also craft some pretty nice lowbie twink stuff too. Invulnerability armor at level 4 is pretty nice (Reduces all damage to you by 5 except from magic) which pretty much makes you immune to damage until level 8 or so on normal/hard difficulty. Elite champion casters can still wreck you pretty fast though. I'm personally rocking a Holy heavy repeating crosswbow of pure good. 9d6 good damage on top of weapon damage is pretty nice. I can see this weapon easily carrying me to almost 20 before I need to upgrade it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sometimes a guy just wants to fuck around with a build, even it if it shit. If you just want to be the best there is why would anyone play anything but a pure barbarian?
Because unless you are absolutely geared to the gills and have all your EDs maxed for twists, Barbs aren't particularly OP in epic content? Blood Strength doesn't scale into epic levels, so unless you've got healing from twists (and the SP to actually use them), you're reliant on picking up residual heals from the group or following behind them while you try and recharge with Cure Serious and Silver Flame pots.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
On my third life now as a pure paladin this time, and just wow. Talk about a god mode class. Ridiculous dps, extremely tanky, and can main heal an entire group on elite mode as well. Just really unbalanced compared to the previous classes I've tried.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
My arti is going pure for testing and for fun. Repeaters are god mode right now, even without mechanic tree. I will try everything pure at least once eventually. My TR cache has a shitload of weapons I haven't gotten around to trying yet.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My problem right now is that my bank is full of BoEs that probably aren't worth shit so I'm gonna have to give them away or vendor them just to have room to TR again.

Got two more epic sagas to finish then I'm gonna TR. Not sure what to do for my next life though. Will have 2 pally and 1 barb life completed.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
On my third life now as a pure paladin this time, and just wow. Talk about a god mode class. Ridiculous dps, extremely tanky, and can main heal an entire group on elite mode as well. Just really unbalanced compared to the previous classes I've tried.
It wouldn't take much to bring other classes in line really for defense. P/MRR is just so powerful right now. If they reworked evasion so it offered similar survivability and made CC spells harder for mobs to resist and removed boss immunity to them we'd have a start. Honestly chain casting hold monster + otto's + whatever else to keep a boss cooking in your firewall or whatever should be just as viable a strat if Paladins can get up to, what, 90% damage reduction and just face tank anything without fear.

I'd also like to see them give 1 1-sp SLA slot for every spell level. Honestly at this point I don't even see why max, emp, quick, etc..need to cost extra SP if the melee feats are almost as powerful, cost no SP to use AND now toss in extra melee power on top of it all. But don't worry, for only 25% of your enhancement points you can reduce the spell point cost of metamagic feats from +50sp to +38!

Magic honestly just needs a huge overhaul. You have too many spells as well that do things that simply don't matter anymore or game mechanics have shifted so much that it's obsoleted them. AC is pointless these days but yet like 90% of low level spells are based around giving you +3 ac that doesn't stack with anything anyways. By the time you get mass bulls or whatever everybody has a +4 strength item. Spells that stop scaling in damage past level 12 or 20. Resist energy stops mattering once you get into epic levels and everyone has +60 resist items and so forth.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah the problem with DC casters is that they're either useless or insanely powerful. If you can get your DCs high enough to reliably catch everyone in your Wail or Disco Ball, you trivialize content. If you can't get your DCs that high, you're damn near useless. There is no in-between. Now even on a first life a bard can get high enough DCs to have an unstoppable Disco Ball, but Wizards have to work their asses off to get DCs that high, and sorcerers just use their extra SPs to blast everything with DD and don't waste time with CC.

Talking about epic elite of course. Epic hard and lower is pretty much trivial regardless of your class.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Yeah the problem with DC casters is that they're either useless or insanely powerful. If you can get your DCs high enough to reliably catch everyone in your Wail or Disco Ball, you trivialize content. If you can't get your DCs that high, you're damn near useless. There is no in-between. Now even on a first life a bard can get high enough DCs to have an unstoppable Disco Ball, but Wizards have to work their asses off to get DCs that high, and sorcerers just use their extra SPs to blast everything with DD and don't waste time with CC.

Talking about epic elite of course. Epic hard and lower is pretty much trivial regardless of your class.
It also makes multi-classing pretty much non-existent for spellcasters. The most you ever see is 1 fighter for heavy armor + bonus feat or 1 art/rogue for trapping. Otherwise it's go pure or go home and not because any of the capstones aren't shit (spoiler alert, they're all shit) but because you need that 1 level for beating sr/dc or whatever. It's sad when everyone gets a boner over the shiradi PM build because the only way to be useful on bosses in EE is to melee for 1/4th the dps of other classes.

Divine Casters need the most love right now though. When heals are pointless and 99% of your buffs are overwritten by better gear what's the point of doing anything more then 4 cleric/fvs for AM strike in a gimmick build? If you build explicitly for it you can get like 700 dmg blade barriers. oh boy?

I think I'm just going to do a variation of 2 art/6 rog/12 whatever for every heroic TR though. Repeaters are just hilarious. 100 damage per click at level 2 is pretty fun. Makes 98% of content trivial.

*OF the month club fix this shit!
I asked for mod powers so I could just make one thread and keep changing it but the powers that be is too busy with like family or some such nonsense.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
It also makes multi-classing pretty much non-existent for spellcasters. The most you ever see is 1 fighter for heavy armor + bonus feat or 1 art/rogue for trapping. Otherwise it's go pure or go home and not because any of the capstones aren't shit (spoiler alert, they're all shit) but because you need that 1 level for beating sr/dc or whatever. It's sad when everyone gets a boner over the shiradi PM build because the only way to be useful on bosses in EE is to melee for 1/4th the dps of other classes.

Divine Casters need the most love right now though. When heals are pointless and 99% of your buffs are overwritten by better gear what's the point of doing anything more then 4 cleric/fvs for AM strike in a gimmick build? If you build explicitly for it you can get like 700 dmg blade barriers. oh boy?

I think I'm just going to do a variation of 2 art/6 rog/12 whatever for every heroic TR though. Repeaters are just hilarious. 100 damage per click at level 2 is pretty fun. Makes 98% of content trivial.

I asked for mod powers so I could just make one thread and keep changing it but the powers that be is too busy with like family or some such nonsense.
they are too busy chasing me down sorry
frown.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't take me long to remember that there was maintenance this morning, but it's kinda fucked up that it just gives you an error message if you try to log in.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sooooooo, three hours after maintenance was supposed to end, the game is still down and so are the forums so they can't even make any announcements about what the problem is.

Turbine is such a trash company.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I need like 600 more remnants to get a cloak before the event ends and it will be however many months before the next time they're available