May 2015 MMO on the Month Club - Dungeon and Dragons Online

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I didn't realize epic TR's worked that way. When I read you needed to sacrifice 6 mil destiny exp, I thought it emptied out the entire sphere and you had to re-level it up. Reading more into it, seems it just empties the karma, which is a mostly useless second exp bar, but you keep your unlocked abilities.

Going to have to do an epic TR next round now that I know better!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't realize epic TR's worked that way. When I read you needed to sacrifice 6 mil destiny exp, I thought it emptied out the entire sphere and you had to re-level it up. Reading more into it, seems it just empties the karma, which is a mostly useless second exp bar, but you keep your unlocked abilities.

Going to have to do an epic TR next round now that I know better!
I had no idea, that changes things. God this game is unforgiving to new/returning players.

Letsinod

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was going to play this game with you guys but is there no way to size the hotbars? At 1920 they are so small I can't hardly see them. Searching the internet produced nothing but a few NO's. I can't believe thats the case.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I had no idea, that changes things. God this game is unforgiving to new/returning players.
This is a good thing, though. It makes EDs a lot more fun and flexible. You earn your 24 APs once and then you just manage twists and which ED you are levelling with.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Is there a cap to buffs or just a cap to the diplayed buffs? it seems that mine trickle off the end into some where but i can see half of a buff box.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was going to play this game with you guys but is there no way to size the hotbars? At 1920 they are so small I can't hardly see them. Searching the internet produced nothing but a few NO's. I can't believe thats the case.
With how many hotbars you end up using later on, they're already plenty big imo. I'd say 12 hotbars is what the average caster uses once they've collected a decent amount of clickies, pots, etc. Melees will use less probably, and some hardcore players fill their screen with hotbars, it's crazy.

Is there a cap to buffs or just a cap to the diplayed buffs? it seems that mine trickle off the end into some where but i can see half of a buff box.
Just a cap to displayed buffs. You should be able to examine yourself and see everything.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
haven't been able to put much time in with school
frown.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rogues are pretty sick now after the review. Thief Acrobat and Mechanic can both go with a 2 level dip in another class, but Assassins really want to be pure rogue for the assassin capstone.

I just farmed up all the stuff for a fully upgraded Earth Quarterstaff from heroic ToEE, I'm gonna respec one of my old alts into a Acrobat. My long term plan with my arti is to TR him into 2 arti 18 rogue, but for now I'm gonna keep soaking up Fire Peak/Deathwyrm completions so I can get a Thunderforged Repeater to tier 3 before I TR him.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Takes me so long to get any exp that I am not sure the past lives thing will ever apply heh
Once you get the hang of the game and learn some quests, you'll figure out how to maintain an elite streak from 1-20 and you'll be amazed at how fast it goes. I could probably level a brand new first lifer to 20 in 3 days, 2 if I had him twinked out.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just wrapped up my 18 rogue 2 arti. Was really sick op. I bought a tier 0 thunderforged at 22, and it was awesome. Rerolled to an arti. Probably going to go pure on it since I have a full set of relevant gear.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just wrapped up my 18 rogue 2 arti. Was really sick op. I bought a tier 0 thunderforged at 22, and it was awesome. Rerolled to an arti. Probably going to go pure on it since I have a full set of relevant gear.
You will be profoundly disappointed. Pure arti is pretty awful compared to a mech rogue. I'm actually planning to TR my pure arti into an 18/2 mech/arti. You can go pure mech if you're using Great Crossbows, but even with the mech boosts to greats I think repeaters are better and the thought of using repeaters without conjure bolts is not a good one.

Only reason I haven't already TRed is because I want to stick around in epic levels long enough to get the 20 phlogs for 20 deathwyrm completions.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I hear you, but I do want to try pure arti for other reasons as well. See how high I can drag dog up into things. The rune arm tree actually has some nice xbow and +x to weapon enhancement stuff in it. To be sure I will miss the hell out of 80% returning bolts and that sweet sweet sneak attack damage, but artis have a shitton of spells to play with on top of repeater and pet damage. When I roll out my iconics shadar-kai will totally be pure rogue mechanic. Going to have to get a couple more TF blanks so I can have one ready at 24, 26, and 28 too.

I only did 1 ER this time around, so next couple lives will be martial, arcane, and divine. ER is awesome. You pick the sphere and the PL feat manually, regardless of what you were in when you went into it.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I can finish this Sorc life I'll be 3x druid 3x wizard 3x sorc. The only real PL feats id be missing are from FVS but I never had an interest in that class. Just in time for the Warlock class. Which I hope to Thor is awesome.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hear you, but I do want to try pure arti for other reasons as well. See how high I can drag dog up into things. The rune arm tree actually has some nice xbow and +x to weapon enhancement stuff in it. To be sure I will miss the hell out of 80% returning bolts and that sweet sweet sneak attack damage, but artis have a shitton of spells to play with on top of repeater and pet damage. When I roll out my iconics shadar-kai will totally be pure rogue mechanic. Going to have to get a couple more TF blanks so I can have one ready at 24, 26, and 28 too.

I only did 1 ER this time around, so next couple lives will be martial, arcane, and divine. ER is awesome. You pick the sphere and the PL feat manually, regardless of what you were in when you went into it.
You're still going to be disappointed, lol

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You're still going to be disappointed, lol
Nah, I have done artificer in the past, was a lot of fun. The dps of repeaters is primarily in the repeater itself. Artis get a fuckton of spells and enhancements for that. Personal dps will be lower due to no sneak attack, but it will be offset to some degree. The extra pet will be interesting to see if I can do group content with it through 28. Then it's ER TR and off to druid. Right now I am still in first round of lives. I want to get completionist. Round after that will be all humans to see how the extra stats change things. Or maybe I'll burn out in a few months and go to EQ.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Im just saying, my arti has 2k SPs and the only thing those SPs get used for is a few self buffs and then quickened reconstructs. Some of the offensive spells can be handy while leveling, but at epic levels the only thing your SPs are good for is buffs and reconstruct.