McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yup, Conor was in true form tonight. Way better than the first press conference.

Apparently he needed a warmup press conference in order to get into character

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah McGregor won that press conference for damn sure. He even won the exchange with the flag which I did not think was going to happen.

The hype train is in full effect, loving every second of it.

I would not be shocked at all to find out that behind closed doors they are actually friends.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Of course they are, they're making millions off of each other lol. Basically business partners right now.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
The shots and barbs at the press conferences, while not poor, come off so unnatural and scripted feeling that it reminds me of a WWE event. Which I guess is one of the primary target audiences.

I imagine Connor and Floyd have already worked out a finish to the match that sets up the biggest potential chance for a highly desired rematch and 2nd giant pay day.

• 2Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah McGregor won that press conference for damn sure. He even won the exchange with the flag which I did not think was going to happen.

The hype train is in full effect, loving every second of it.

I would not be shocked at all to find out that behind closed doors they are actually friends.

Yeah, there's definitely a mutual level of respect for each other. They're both such similar athletes/personas. They have both kinda outgrown their respective sports in terms of monetary value also, so that also probably adds to the respect.

This fight is such a farce, but it sure is an event...

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Espinoza is such a fucking rat.

This press conference was alright, some decent barbs. We all know they will be dramatically better than the fight.

• 1Solidarity

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FORM VOLTRON!!!!

Mayweather wins life.

Conor got seriously owned IMO

• 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
FORM VOLTRON!!!!

Mayweather wins life.

He has no chance at all. Mac is "bigger", but the type of footwork and movement needed in there is going to be shocking. He will gas in 4 rounds trying to find Floyd. He pushes his punches in any sparring videos I've seen, it's gonna be a shock. Curious how much Floyd will carry him.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He has no chance at all. Mac is "bigger", but the type of footwork and movement needed in there is going to be shocking. He will gas in 4 rounds trying to find Floyd. He pushes his punches in any sparring videos I've seen, it's gonna be a shock. Curious how much Floyd will carry him.

Mayweather win by KO under 4 rounds.

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
FORM VOLTRON!!!!

Mayweather wins life.

I'm confused. Since Mayweather had his bodyguards surround Conor, and he walked around screaming "yeah", he got owned? To me it gave the appearance that Floyd needed people to protect him from Conor.

Mayweather should continue to let Conor talk mad shit, because when he destroys him in the ring it will be that much sweeter.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm confused. Since Mayweather had his bodyguards surround Conor, and he walked around screaming "yeah", he got owned? To me it gave the appearance that Floyd needed people to protect him from Conor.

Mayweather should continue to let Conor talk mad shit, because when he destroys him in the ring it will be that much sweeter.

I do agree with that.

The reason I like what Mayweather did is because Voltron: Defender of the Universe is rad.
Plus, how do you respond to that?
It's just so random.

I get why people don't like it but it shows me a sense of humor.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf