McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm confused. Since Mayweather had his bodyguards surround Conor, and he walked around screaming "yeah", he got owned? To me it gave the appearance that Floyd needed people to protect him from Conor.

Mayweather should continue to let Conor talk mad shit, because when he destroys him in the ring it will be that much sweeter.

I agree, was kind of a bitch move on Mayweathers part since it showed he doesn't have the trash talkin to skills to compete with him but still you know it messed with McGregor and that's what you gotta do to him at these press conferences since that's usually McGregor's game. Fight fire with fire I suppose. Lol @ that 1 dude from Mayweather's posse talkin shit to Conor and tryin to act hard.

edit: Haven't watched this presser yet but assuming Money took this one with his Voltron move lol. I think Conor will take London though. Pretty funny to talk about these press conferences like they are rounds in a fight :p

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Loved the security guards talking shit. Always reminds me when one of them sparred a 17 yr old kid and got KO'd immediately.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
lol around 1:32, that juice monkey with the black tank top is yelling "do something" to Conor and as soon as Conor turns around as waltzes in his general direction, he turns around and shuts up

He was talking to someone in the entourage, not Conor.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Lol this fight build up is straight out of WWE playboy. It's basically Conor as the anti-authority face versus Floyd as the pretentious rich dick bag who has his henchmen fight for him. I'd be surprised if Vince McMahon isn't being consulted.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is the dumbest shit I've ever seen. People watch this crap?
Its really cringe, but lots of ppl are dumb, i mean Conor actually has a fan base and it's not cuz of his amazing skills in the ring.
giphy.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So evident after today's conference, or the little I caught, these two like each other.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm surprised they didn't do the bit where one of Floyd's henchman put their hands on McGregor and McGregor knocks him out.

After Mayweather called Conor a faggot today Floyd has earned my support.

• 1Worf

Jive Turkey

Karen
Some of you guys take this shit way too seriously. "It's a circus!". It's a fucking game. Two grown men doing press for a game they're going to play and you're acting like this one isn't serious enough for you. It'll be entertaining, if nothing else. Lighten up.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
After Mayweather called Conor a faggot today Floyd has earned my support.

No doubt. That takes some serious fucking stones in 2017 to use that word in front of a worldwide audience.

Does make it harder to sell Floyd as boxing's hero in this situation. But if you watch all the pressers in succession, you can see they are building both guys up as heels and heroes from presser to presser.

Very strategic, as everyone mentioned prior-- whoever is behind it is a genius for engineering this much duality. Its got EVERYONE talking and everyones heads spinning from left to right with no idea whos the bad guy or the good guy. Boxing's Batman: The Dark Knight.

Jive Turkey

Karen
No doubt. That takes some serious fucking stones in 2017 to use that word in front of a worldwide audience.

Does make it harder to sell Floyd as boxing's hero in this situation. But if you watch all the pressers in succession, you can see they are building both guys up as heels and heroes from presser to presser.

Very strategic, as everyone mentioned prior-- whoever is behind it is a genius for engineering this much duality. Its got everyone talking and everyones heads spinning from left to right with no idea whos the bad guy or the good guy. Boxings Batman The Dark Knight.

Haven't seen that part yet. I'm looking forward to Shaun King's rambling article about how homophobic Floyd is.....

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
This fight is a fucking farce, and I can't believe anyone is getting hyped up at all over their promotion of it.

They know it's a joke too, but also know there's enough idiots out there to get hooked by the manufactured drama.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Considering they are going for 5 million PPV buys at 89 for SD and 99 for HD, they gotta do whatever it takes :p

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande

Do people who get offended by the word faggot even know who either of them are, or what boxing and MMA are? I'm guessing no.

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
I like these pressers and McG from mma cause of the trash talk, it's entertaining and funny. Never followed Money that much but he's holding his own with McGregor a lot better than I thought he would. I just wish Macho Man was still around and could train these guys on how it's really done

He was the cream of the crop baby

• 3Like
  • 1Worf