McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
That makes no sense. Does he need another 1.25 mil out of the fight?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If I'm Mayweather I'm betting on myself too. Pretty sure its against the rules and any bet be placed would need to be made through a 3rd party. He can't actually bet on himself correct me if I'm wrong.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
If he can't it's some archaic rule. As long as he's no betting against himself, what could be the harm?

Goatface

washington post
What’s a little surprising is that he’s allowed to do so in the first place, unlike in other sports. Gambling barely comes up in the Nevada Athletic Commission’s rules and regulations, which prohibit match-fixing and bets made through illegal bookmaking. But sports gambling is legal in Las Vegas, where the bout will take place, so nothing is stopping Mayweather from betting on himself.

also links to the UK Sun
Conor McGregor will bet £900,000 on himself to beat Floyd Mayweather as he urges pals to back him for ‘easy money’

---

i don't believe either will

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What if Mayweather bets 300 million on McGregor then throws the fight and walks away with like a billion dollars LMAO.

But seriously Floyd wins easily. A couple Vegas big rollers just dropped multi million dollar bets on Mayweather in the last 48 hours.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
"For each bet on Mayweather at the Westgate SuperBook, there were 12 on McGregor. But 76 percent of the money was on Mayweather. The average size of a bet on McGregor at the Westgate was $212. The average size of a bet on Mayweather was $8,036."

So it's up to 76% of the money being on mayweather. I wonder what that number needs to be to even out their liability.

Goatface

i don't understand this
Bookmaker Paddy Power pays out on Floyd Mayweather to beat Conor McGregor three days before fight
but funny -
“Patriotism aside, we are paying out early on a Mayweather victory – because we checked, and only one of them is a boxer.”

Mayweather-McGregor fight estimated to fetch record betting handle
bookmakers estimated the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight accounted for $60 million statewide. They're expecting the handle on Saturday's fight to easily eclipse that amount, with estimates as high as $80 million.

On Friday, at Betfair, the U.K.'s leading sports betting exchange, £29 million ($37.3 million) had already been traded on Mayweather-McGregor. That's already nearly four times as much as what was traded on Mayweather-Pacquiao, the previous largest boxing market at Betfair.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
oscarlol.png

Oscar De La Hoya salty AF lol.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Conor thinks he's ready to fuck, but its gonna be BLACKED dot com come Saturday night.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 152115
Oscar De La Hoya salty AF lol.
I guess he would matter if boxing wasn't dead. When the most interest anyone has in your sport is on a retired player and someone from another sport you are fucked.

If by some miracle this goes to decision you can just put a nail in boxing.