McGregor vs Mayweather - Aug 26

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
basically sounds like bullshit. mcgregor gets his ass kicked on exchange for massive payday, mayweather keeps his perfect record intact.

i hope people are smarter than this and refuse to pay to watch this.
pay???

surely no one is pleb enough not to know about streams.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This is a complete cash grab and won't even be remotely competitive on any level.

Mayweather is on a different planet from McGregor when it comes to boxing. If he presses the tempo on any level he will fucking embarrass Conor.

Also Lomachenko was toying with TJ Dillashaw, and not trying. There are multiple clips of Dillashaw saying he was so completely outclassed when they turned the cameras off against Vasyl that it wasn't even funny. He also talked about Vasyl having the greatest cardio he has ever witnessed.

Don't buy this fight. It's a fucking sham. These guys are gonna make massive fucking money and it's going to be a shit show. Just watch the clips of Chris Van Heerden sparring Conor. Chris is a not a world class fighter on any remote level. And with the safety of that head gear off Conor is going to be lit up. Honestly out of respect, I think Floyd will carry Conor for six or seven rounds.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think you are out of your mind if you think he tops out at 25m.

I will not say with 100% certainty one way or the other if he will get back to the Octagon. But I think between whatever payment he agreed to, and whatever PPV points he gets, he clears $25m quite easily.

Right I should have specified I am talking about guaranteed money.

None of us can really speculate on backend shenanigans. Its all guesswork. But we do know the UFC is involved in this promotion because Connor didn't invoke the Muhammad Ali Act and try to claim his rights as an independent contractor.... which would have taken years out of his career.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Jesus tons of jaded people in here.

Two different planets. Conor has zero chance. Floyd eats guys alive who trained their lives away. Conor's size doesn't matter. It's a sham. Conor will push his punches in 10 oz gloves.

There is nothing in the ring Floyd couldn't do to McGregor. He can light him up and walk him into a KO early on if he wanted. McGregor will never find Mayweather, he doesn't have any experience cutting off the ring in a boxing fight. I could go on.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Look at Floyd selling all his cars. He just sold several million dollars worth of brand new rides.

One-of-a-kind cars, and he sent them all to the fucking farmers auction...

I guarantee that 100M bank balance he posted was before he made payroll. These guys aren't seeing the numbers you think they are, that was all my point was Ameraves. If you cleared 100M's in 3 fights, you aren't selling cars like that.

I have no idea how much they are seeing, and nobody here does either. Empirical evidence says they are both huge bullshitters though.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
pay???

surely no one is pleb enough not to know about streams.

they're projecting the purchase of something like 4.75M PPVs, which is basically how this whole thing is funded and profited.

im not buying the PPV, you're not buying the PPV but there are close to 5 million idiots who will

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Forecast is right above Mayweather - Pacquaio's 4.5M PPVs. Which I honestly don't see happening, but that could be wishful thinking on my part. It will be a great party center piece, until the exhibition actually starts.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
they're projecting the purchase of something like 4.75M PPVs, which is basically how this whole thing is funded and profited.
yea, but you're talking to this crowd... really if anyone here pays for this garbage (i know, i know, you want to see it, it is a spectacle and ppl will talk about it), we can take you to the back room and give you "a lesson".

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
yea, but you're talking to this crowd... really if anyone here pays for this garbage (i know, i know, you want to see it, it is a spectacle and ppl will talk about it), we can take you to the back room and give you "a lesson".

i edited my original post. m y comments were more in general to the american public, not specifically to this board. everyone here is a pirate

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Look at Floyd selling all his cars. He just sold several million dollars worth of brand new rides.

One-of-a-kind cars, and he sent them all to the fucking farmers auction...

I guarantee that 100M bank balance he posted was before he made payroll. These guys aren't seeing the numbers you think they are, that was all my point was Ameraves. If you cleared 100M's in 3 fights, you aren't selling cars like that.

I have no idea how much they are seeing, and nobody here does either. Empirical evidence says they are both huge bullshitters though.
It's pretty obvious this fight is a cash grab by Floyd to replenish is dwindling funds after the Manny fight. Actual wealthy people don't sell their prized cars, and others, like Jay Leno, don't spend their money carelessly so they won't need to ever sell their rare/exotic cars.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Right I should have specified I am talking about guaranteed money.

None of us can really speculate on backend shenanigans. Its all guesswork. But we do know the UFC is involved in this promotion because Connor didn't invoke the Muhammad Ali Act and try to claim his rights as an independent contractor.... which would have taken years out of his career.
Well that may very well be true then, yes $25m guaranteed.

And as others have already posted, I totally agree it is going to be a clown show and Conor is going to look a fool. But a paid fool.

Oh, and I will be sure to pirate this as well in order to not help fund the shit show!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I know at one point directly after the Pacquiao fight Floyd was apparently spending $1-2 million per month per Leonard Ellerbe (his manager and partner). That being said, he does sell and buy new cars all the time.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That being said, he does sell and buy new cars all the time.

No one is doubting that. Its the reasons for doing it that have been called into question as Dauntless said.

Custom one-of-a-kind interiors aren't usually auctioned off. One-of-a-kind factory designed cars aren't typically auctioned off either. Selling a car isn't necessarily auctioning a car. One implies a degree of desperation to make a sale and get some millions back ASAP. An auction is guaranteed money, trying to make a sale to a dealer or individual is not.

If he sold an Enzo to a private buyer for a very hefty sum after someone expressed interest, that's a legit sale.

Auctioning off a large group of cars smacks of desperation to liquidate to continue to engorge himself in additional cars. When they are truly "paid" and the pockets are truly fat, and they aren't taking the piss (i.e. Jay Leno) they garage and warehouse them forever. So I am not "buying" the whole "buy and sell all the time thing" mate.

I know its a bit of a buzzkill, but Money Mayweather likely amounts to a marketing ploy.

Last edited:

Goatface

i don't think you can compare anyone to Leno, who is a car guy before anything else.

think mayweather just buys cars for the press and attention.

• 1Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I dunno, saw some shit on youtube of private collections that would prolly challenge Leno. (1 of 3, 1 of 5, 1 of 3, etc etc all in 1 garage). And those are the ones that ppl know about, much less the Chinese / Arab $$$$.

Either way, will not pay for this. I threw a small sum at McGregor just so if he does happen to win I can laugh even harder. If not, I wont miss the cash. And if he wins, I'll torrent that shit and watch it at 3am half drunk while eating bad Chinese food (or whatever I can find at that time)

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I dunno, saw some shit on youtube of private collections that would prolly challenge Leno. (1 of 3, 1 of 5, 1 of 3, etc etc all in 1 garage). And those are the ones that ppl know about, much less the Chinese / Arab $$$$.

Either way, will not pay for this. I threw a small sum at McGregor just so if he does happen to win I can laugh even harder. If not, I wont miss the cash. And if he wins, I'll torrent that shit and watch it at 3am half drunk while eating bad Chinese food (or whatever I can find at that time)

I figure if 50 bucks can make me near 2k then why the fuck not?