Mechanical Keyboards

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Clears to me really suck unless you pair them with brown springs to make dubbed "panda clears". I currently have panda clears on my kinesis, the a-z region. i have browns everywhere else and for fun i tried blues in modifiers (shift/ctrl) and just too lazy to change em.

I wouldn't call him ungrateful, well i did mod it, and got good at soldering with that keyboard, he's just a 20something who wants shiny things, he's the only family member that even cares about keyboards, but i think that's probably due to starcraft and those videos of those krazy koreans.

I'm not getting him one btw, hell he doesn't even know the starcraft champs back then were using hard to find white alps. (now i think they just use whatever mechanical shit their sponsors give them)

Pinch_sl

shitlord
The lab where I worked ended up relocating from our old building, built in the 1930s, and as we were clearing out everything to move I found a Chicony KB-5181 in perfect condition. Luckily, it came with Monterey blue switches, and I use it on my desktop at home now. Typing has never been more satisfying. There were also a ton of IBM Model M's, but they all were thoroughly used and I couldn't find any without multiple springs needing replacement.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I've been dieing for some ALPS. gimme

My G81-HAU keycaps are here, now I just need a moogle set for the bottom row.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I just got a K70 RGB a few weeks ago and love it. I haven't played with the color profile except to match it to my mouse and game pad, but it's not terribly difficult to figure out.
Changing the colors to match your mouse is easy just like you said. I was referring to the more complex things that people are posting on the corsair forums.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I bought my first K95 in June of 2013. By September I issued my 1st RMA for dead LED lights... and I'm not talking just a couple, it was many... and once they started dying, they kept dying.
I issued my 2nd RMA in March of 2014 for the same problem.
And again in July of 2014. I still have not received my replacement keyboard since my 7/2014 RMA.

That's a RMA every 3-6 months over the past year.

The worst part is that I've been waiting on my most recent RMA replacement for 4 months now, and even though I call every couple of weeks, there's still been no date communicated to me by which I'll get my replacement.

Bad form.

Looks like I'm back in the market for a new keyboard.

any reasonable suggestions?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I bought my first K95 in June of 2013. By September I issued my 1st RMA for dead LED lights... and I'm not talking just a couple, it was many... and once they started dying, they kept dying.
I issued my 2nd RMA in March of 2014 for the same problem.
And again in July of 2014. I still have not received my replacement keyboard since my 7/2014 RMA.

That's a RMA every 3-6 months over the past year.

The worst part is that I've been waiting on my most recent RMA replacement for 4 months now, and even though I call every couple of weeks, there's still been no date communicated to me by which I'll get my replacement.

Bad form.

Looks like I'm back in the market for a new keyboard.

any reasonable suggestions?
I read about this also. I believe they redesigned the leds on the 65's, but I could be wrong and that included the 95's also.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
K95 was cherry MX reds, do you want similar? or lights are really important?
Lights are nice, but not super important. I do like them for gaming and typing in the dark, though I suppose I don't really look down at my keys...

I'll entertain any reasonable suggestions!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Blackwidows have backlights and I found it to be a reasonably high quality deck for the price. Though I believe they only come in blue and brown switches if you were looking for a linear.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Been using my Corsair Vengeance K70 for a couple weeks now, first mechanical keyboard that I've owned.

I'm finally getting used to it. I had a Logitech G15 keyboard previously, and I think the thing that has thrown me off the most is that the actual keys feel slightly closer together on the K70 than they were on my old logitech POS. Screwed up my typing and gaming for a week or two until I adjusted to the new spacing. Had to constantly look down and readjust my hand placement for a while there, but it's all good now. Seems like a solid keyboard so far, I could probably use it as a weapon for home invasion defense if I had to, the thing is quite dense/heavy for a fairly small keyboard, it's built like a brick.

Wrath

Molten Core Raider
I was looking to buy a mechanical keyboard during one of the black friday/cyber monday deals. Anyone have any suggestions?

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
finally got my RMA replacement K95 after issuing the RMA back in early july.

seems its from a different batch, as the space bar is now backlit and i dont think it was on my 3 or 4 previous K95s.

here's to hoping that this one has some better build quality and will last more than 3 months

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
18 bucks to ship my K95 back. I got one of the newer ones too but seriously that 18 dollars is bullshit.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Just got a refurb'd K95. Reading this thread has me nervous!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The chassis is super solid and the keys work great, it's just the lights that suck.

I was hoping they'd send me one of the colored ones. I even offered to pay the difference.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
The chassis is super solid and the keys work great, it's just the lights that suck.

I was hoping they'd send me one of the colored ones. I even offered to pay the difference.
I got Corsair to send me a pre-paid shipping ticket for my K95 refurb since it's my 4th one.

Funny enough, after my pre-paid ticket was provided, I began to receive tracking numbers and shipping tickets for every RMA customer for the next week. Somehow they tied my email address to the shipping auto-response for all RMA customers.

I forwarded about 140 emails back to Corsair so that they could inform their customers and apologize that they had not been provided shipping/tracking information. They owe me some hardware.

On the upside, I have names, addresses, and RMA numbers of 140 likely disgruntled Corsair customers if anyone wants to assemble an angry mob.