Mechanical Keyboards

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The benefit is for the corporations making the keyboards. Cherry is the brand-name. By making their own, they don't have to buy them from Cherry

Louis

Trakanon Raider
My 65 with clear caps. Ended up moving the 2 to the bottom to make it even out. The leds with the clear caps are purdyyy.
rrr_img_86000.jpg

A1pha_sl

shitlord
Taking freaking forever for the Browns to come back in stock on Amazon, if I wanted shitty ass reds I'd buy em, but I don't want that shit.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Because they're made by Clack Factory. You can buy 99% identical copies for ~35$ but it doesn't have the stamp on the inside like the original...

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Guess I never heard of Clack Factory. Seems insane to buy something that expensive which looks like it was done with a 3D printer.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
It's just some guy that started making keycaps. They're all "limited edition" and and he's been making them for years so that's why some of them go up to retarded prices.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. It was a tiny 13 station typing lab that I dismantled. We had TONS of the IBM hardware all over though, all sorts of different types of PCs and keyboards. IBMs are they had bought for a decade, then bought nothing at all for years for either staff or labs, then finally started throwing everything out once Win 95 came out. Spent 5 years throwing stuff like that away, kept find more and more of it, didn't get it all gone until the Windows 2000 era.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
clacks are the main reason why i can't stand to be on Geekhack anymore, all they ever seem to care about is collecting those dumb stupid skull keycaps, then of course since they have an unmoderated fleebay there are just threads upon threads of "this guy ripped me off".

getting rid of my k70 vengeance cherry mx red. it's too loud.

selling for $75 non negotiable. it's in excellent condition. PM me if you want it

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if it's too loud you're bottoming out too much and should learn to curb that, as that "might" lead to issues later on.

also, it's just not good, sorta akin to using the clutch really wrong.

Tenks

MX Red is a very light linear switch it is somewhat difficult to not bottom the switch out -- which is why I don't fully understand the point of red. Though I suppose it matters for what you're using the deck for if the Red fits your purpose.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Or you should try MX Black. I was bottoming out constantly on mx blue but now it's like typing on little pillows that push back after a certain point. I'm more silent with this keyboard than I was with a rubberdome.

Tenks

I'm not a huge fan of linear switches in general. I still find the MX Brown the most universally good switch. I prefer Blue for my programming & typing but for general purpose (ie: normal use & gaming) I prefer my Brown deck.