Mechanical Keyboards

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I already have like 10 LEDS out on the K95 I just got a couple weeks ago. I don't really care, as I usually have them completely turned off anyway. Other than that, it's a great keyboard. I love using it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I believe so. Got one from Corsair refurbished for 90 bucks, but clearly the LED issue remains. That said, it appears to be brand new as far as I can tell.

A1pha_sl

shitlord
Wow, that's awesome, thanks! I wish it had the blues in it, but I think for 90+ shipping it's prolly a sweet deal to grab regardless

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Okay so there's a lot of love for the K70/95 but what's the drawback on the Razer Blackwidow Chroma?
Made by Razer is one drawback. Their products tend to die really quick.

The k70 is so solid I wouldn't know how to "upgrade" it. It's personally my perfect keyboard. The keys are great for games AND typing.

A1pha_sl

shitlord
okay, So you don't prefer the 95? I guess that's just for the Macro keys, which I honestly never use even on this G15. I'm ready to make the leap, but none of those K70s or 95s are out there with the RGB :/ I kinda want that, I know it doesn't help they keyboard, but it's pretty awesome

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Apparently the keys on the G910 are even better for gaming and typing. They built custom switches.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
g910 has keyswitches built for logitech called roamer g, basically shorter acuation cherry mx browns. depends if you like different switches or not even though the whole world uses cherry mx.

A1pha_sl

shitlord
I guess that's what I'm not understanding. I'm brand new to all of this crap and if everyone is using Cherry switches why would Razer and Logitech build their own? I am very curious as I want to buy one, but I can't find the 95 RGB anywhere, and I figure if I'm going to buy it, lets go ahead and go full nerd and get the cool colors too haha.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Because it's cheaper (Cherry is german, so expensive) and they look at the market an want a piece of it. Why do you think Logitech went with another keycap mount ? they could have easily gone with a cherry compatible mount. Razer just picked the chinese clones but I'm pretty sure they'll come out with something proprietary soon enough.

A1pha_sl

shitlord
So, could you help me understand the benefit of the MX vs the Chinese clones? I want to make the right decision, and I'm pretty sold on the Corsair 95 RGB, but if the Razer Chroma is just as good or if the Logitech is equal too, I don't mind going with those, although the Logitech seems the weakest to me (from what I've seen on videos)