Mechanical Keyboards

if it's too loud you're bottoming out too much and should learn to curb that, as that "might" lead to issues later on.

also, it's just not good, sorta akin to using the clutch really wrong.
its flat out impossible to hit 90-110 wpm and not bottom out on reds

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
you bottom out b/c you can't tell if you're registering the key or not, so to "make sure" the key is hit and registered, you just instinctively bottom out.

i know you're returning b/c it's too loud, but try audio cues

software to simulate keypress, so you can better associate a key being pressed and registered vs. mashing to bottoming out
Let your keyboard sound mechanical, like DasKeyboard or IBM | Accessories | Best Freeware Downloads

the kinesis has this built in, i have no idea if others do.

have you tried browns/whites? good way to see when a key is press (tactile) and curb your bottoming out issue.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Damn whites are 50/80? Jesus that would build up some finger strength. It is like fucking Galdalf down there going "You will not pass" after the actuate point.

i actually have double key dampeners on every key as well. its so loud it wakes my wife up who is 2 floors above me when im on my computer, with 2 doors 2 staircases and about 2.2k square feet of space between us.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Maybe you should try typing with your hands instead of feet then
smile.png

Also if you want to make sure you don't bottom out, go grays or super blacks (90g/120g). Leopold sells mx gray keyboards I think.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea, you just have a bottoming out issue, no keyboard will satisfy you until you fix that issue first.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's rubber bumpers you can put under cherry switches if you want to make them quieter/bottom out sooner.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm starting to dislike my MX reds. Not for the noise but because it takes so long for them to come up from the bottom and I am always bottoming out. Maybe I should get some dampers to shorten the actuation.

Are the blue dampers still low enough to let MX blues hit their click point?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I had an older K95 that they replaced with a newer one (not RGB though) and mine never had those.

You'd think they'd be fucked up for normal typing but they aren't.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Anyone used the Razer Blackwidow Chroma at all

My Anansi is not registering the question mark key so figured fuck it, new keyboard time and let's try a mechanical, can get the Chroma for a reasonable price so just looking for feedback that it's not total trash before I pull the trigger.