Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries announced.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I couldn't do rogutech. Just too much of a time vampire with the loading times and INSANE AI turn length.

Trying out extended currently though and so far it's great. I think I may have started my timeline too early though and I'm not sure it'll be reasonable to advance it all the way to Clans.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Is it worth it now that it's on sale in the epic store and I have a 10 coupon from my free gta? Old school pc mechwarrior fan.

• 1Worf

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Yup, thats it.

edit: Bigger drops is not included in that package but it is compatible. Same with Clevergirl if I remember correctly. both have links off the nexusmods page though.

Grats, you made me reinstall.

I found the extended mod, its working properly, the other 2 mods you mention I couldn't find on nexusmods though.

Please hepl.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Grats, you made me reinstall.

I found the extended mod, its working properly, the other 2 mods you mention I couldn't find on nexusmods though.

Please hepl.

Only one you should need that isn't in the package. I took a look and clevergirl is in there.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bruh it's on Xbox pass now.

Still not worth the 5$ I pay Microsoft tho, games booty.

Man you weren't kidding, what a fucking trainwreck this game is. My main gripe is the absurd difficulty of some of the high reward quests and campaign missions, which I suppose is largely due to how fucking stupid AI pilots are. I'm on a campaign mission where you have to defend a population center and I cannot imagine how the fuck you're supposed to pull this off with the tonnage you're given. I'm running with a 260 ton lance and the last two waves both include double assault mechs, and I can't pull them out of the city so it's just a nightmarish slugging match that favors their superior numbers even more.

I mean I'm used to being absurdly outnumbered but this is just retarded, and I figure I'm barely past the halfway point of the campaign.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Man you weren't kidding, what a fucking trainwreck this game is. My main gripe is the absurd difficulty of some of the high reward quests and campaign missions, which I suppose is largely due to how fucking stupid AI pilots are. I'm on a campaign mission where you have to defend a population center and I cannot imagine how the fuck you're supposed to pull this off with the tonnage you're given. I'm running with a 260 ton lance and the last two waves both include double assault mechs, and I can't pull them out of the city so it's just a nightmarish slugging match that favors their superior numbers even more.

I mean I'm used to being absurdly outnumbered but this is just retarded, and I figure I'm barely past the halfway point of the campaign.

Thanks for saving me the free download off GP.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

It's pretty staggering how bad it is yea. AI on both sides is a complete joke, every mission is the same waves of enemies that spawn in direct sight of you, terrible mech customization, the "story" is obviously just a placeholder storyboard that they paid two voice actors to read.

PGI needs to die so someone competent can pick up the license already.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What I don't understand is how they could completely nail the look and feel of mech combat and then just utterly half-ass everything else.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanks for saving me the free download off GP.

For all my bitching, I haven't uninstalled, just sacked up and got good. The AI may be terrible but with aggressive use of commands you can mitigate it quite a bit, and if you can find even a single co-op partner it makes a huge difference.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Stalled again on one of the last campaign missions. Also it turns out gamepass MW5 can't co-op with EGS MW5 or be modded.

Annoying cause I'm probably going to need to dig up a coop partner or two to finish the campaign.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Two things that stand out:
  • Steam release of MW5 pushed into 2021, OSTENSIBLY because of Cyberpunk's release
  • The chance that PGI is going to put most of their effort into a new IP going forward, so the future of MWO and MW5 seems even shakier

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
MW5 releasing on GoG, Steam, XBONE, etc on May 27th

Buy once, play on any platform (?)

$30

$20 for DLC (I've not bought because game was bad at Epic release)

The 2 big things I've seen are:
  1. Full crossplay across all platforms
  2. If the host player had the DLC, all other co-op players get it while playing with them
  3. Supposedly the on-rails campaign beginning has been changed
  4. Added loot crates throughout game, like the ones in the first mission (tutorial) like they should have had to begin with
I might get the DLC and try a fresh game. Not sure yet.

• 1Barf