Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries announced.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If we're talking about the HBS Battletech DLC, they're a giant ripoff. They'd fall into the acceptable to decent range at ten bucks a piece, at 20 bucks a piece they're a fucking absurd scam.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
If we're talking about the HBS Battletech DLC, they're a giant ripoff. They'd fall into the acceptable to decent range at ten bucks a piece, at 20 bucks a piece they're a fucking absurd scam.

I agree and you know how I spend my money.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Battletech is great with the expansions. I have a mid range Core-I5 and GeForce 1060 and load times aren't bad at all.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Some of the Battletech issues might be that a lot of people chose to pirate it based on those absurd DLC prices, and the pirated builds are kinda ghetto. Or maybe it's just a legit RAM hog.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It was a dog on launch for sure. Some maps could take like 3-5 minutes to to load even on SSD installs etc. Once the map was rolling it was never really an issue at least.

Most of the issues I had with Battletech were just in terms of wasting my time. Unskippable travel scenes, abysmal AI "thinking" phases, animations being too slow given how many maps you run, etc. Almost all of that gets fixed with a few mods though.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
HBS Battletech at this point is a whole new beast with the mods. The package I'm currently using has four different start dates ranging from thirty twenty five to thirty fifty (so clan invasion) with a full inner sphere map with planets that change hands independently of your input. Of course you can flip planets for your employers as well. Over five hundred mechs counting variants all time line appropriate so you won't be seeing an Axeman in thirty twenty five but you will when its production date roles around. Clan Invasion is endgame with an actual lead up and usage of the culmination at Tukayyid. The houses and indiviual clans use lore appropriate mechs, so catapults when fighting Laio forces and Kintaros when fighting the combine.

Then you have the mission control/clevergirl/Bigger drops combo. This set of mods doubles to quadruples the map size, adds additionally enemy and friendly lances, and allows you to personally field eight mechs with the appropriate Argo upgrades. Clevergirl streamlines and optimizes the AI so their turns are drastically shorter. However the game will still chug on sub par rigs.

Fadaar

That guy
HBS Battletech at this point is a whole new beast with the mods. The package I'm currently using has four different start dates ranging from thirty twenty five to thirty fifty (so clan invasion) with a full inner sphere map with planets that change hands independently of your input. Of course you can flip planets for your employers as well. Over five hundred mechs counting variants all time line appropriate so you won't be seeing an Axeman in thirty twenty five but you will when its production date roles around. Clan Invasion is endgame with an actual lead up and usage of the culmination at Tukayyid. The houses and indiviual clans use lore appropriate mechs, so catapults when fighting Laio forces and Kintaros when fighting the combine.

Then you have the mission control/clevergirl/Bigger drops combo. This set of mods doubles to quadruples the map size, adds additionally enemy and friendly lances, and allows you to personally field eight mechs with the appropriate Argo upgrades. Clevergirl streamlines and optimizes the AI so their turns are drastically shorter. However the game will still chug on sub par rigs.

Dude PM me all those mods or post it here, you might have just killed my weekend

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I played through his 1.8.1 mod. They just dropped the 1.9.1 last weekend so I'm starting over in my career. Can't wait to get to the new clan content.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
It is hard. Like really hard. I normally steam roll most maps with light structural damage to my mechs, but first drop against the clans I was running with six of my own mechs and an allied lance versus one star of clanners. my allied lance got completely destroyed and I lost one mech while having three others completely mauled. Going to need to change up load outs and tactcs from here on out.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It is hard. Like really hard. I normally steam roll most maps with light structural damage to my mechs, but first drop against the clans I was running with six of my own mechs and an allied lance versus one star of clanners. my allied lance got completely destroyed and I lost one mech while having three others completely mauled. Going to need to change up load outs and tactcs from here on out.

See the problem with Clanner tech is that it doesn't come with appropriately stupid and self-defeating Clanner AI.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
See the problem with Clanner tech is that it doesn't come with appropriately stupid and self-defeating Clanner AI.

They might though. I only played the one clan mission but they seemed to be only firing on one mech each until my allied lyran archer decided to attack a vulture another of his lance mates was engaged with. Then that archer got slagged by three mechs during their turns.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They might though. I only played the one clan mission but they seemed to be only firing on one mech each until my allied lyran archer decided to attack a vulture another of his lance mates was engaged with. Then that archer got slagged by three mechs during their turns.

If the mod author actually programmed basic Clanner AI, holy fucking shit.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't make me reinstall btech you assholes lol. Is enjoyed some of the early rogue tech mod b4 it ate my saves.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Don't make me reinstall btech you assholes lol. Is enjoyed some of the early rogue tech mod b4 it ate my saves.
giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user