Men's Fashion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well I'm growing a longer beard. It's all filled in, but for instance my chin is a lot longer than my sides so right now they'll sort of curl out a bit. Trying to grow them longer. I already taper the side burns because with the shaved head I'd look like even more of a mongoloid than I do now.

I'll probably hit up a barber soon for a clean up anyways. But I'm wondering if I showed up to, say, a job interview looking like that if I'd look homeless or what. I can suck up cutting it down of course, and I might have to.

My big regret is at 6 months I cut it from what it looks like now down to about 3/4th inch and then got mad and regrew it. So potentially lost about double growth.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Believe me Ive thought about just shaving my face. Here's a real pic from earlier. The no maintenance thing is nice but I'm ending up having to use a lot of product and add to my morning routine to keep it tamed

This gives you a better idea. I realize this opens me up to the butt of many jokes and I'm ok with that

View attachment 177874

I had let mine grow to that length for a while and just gave up on trying to keep it maintained to a satisfactory level. I also found I received far fewer compliments on it from women than when it was about half the length. Only dudes seemed to say anything positive about it, which was a clear sign it was time to take a weed-whacker to it. Also, as a fellow shaved-head guy, I'm of the opinion that you need a good head of hair to really pull off the full beard.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had let mine grow to that length for a while and just gave up on trying to keep it maintained to a satisfactory level. I also found I received far fewer compliments on it from women than when it was about half the length. Only dudes seemed to say anything positive about it, which was a clear sign it was time to take a weed-whacker to it. Also, as a fellow shaved-head guy, I'm of the opinion that you need a good head of hair to really pull off the full beard.
This will be contrary to almost anything you ever hear, but it was actually my wife's idea for me to grow the beard (I had never tried). I wasn't sure on it, until one time during a... passionate moment... where she pulled on it and went a little crazy and said she really loved it that it cemented it.

Also yeah, only dudes compliment or talk about it. Maybe that's why she wanted me to grow it

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been told cargo shorts are out of style, but they aren't in death metal so I need to find a good brand. Mix of camo and regular khaki/black is good.

Last couple pairs I got were thinner material and ripped much like the same way yours ripped. I'm not very rough with my clothes due to my sedentary gaming lifestyle.

Duluth Trading for your cargo shorts.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'd say I'm of the opposite. A solid beard compliments a nicely shaven dome. I've had a shaven head for the last decade, a chin tuft for twice as long, and only recently attempted the grow out the rest. It looks and feels weird, and grows slowly for me. Damn German aryan heritage. But the full goat so far I can dig. Being full time remote I can actually give it time to grow before I appear in public. The intermediate growth is absolutely not presentable in my case. But once grown, looks and feels great.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trimmed my way down to max guard levels so I can keep using a trimmer. I think it's better.

image.jpg

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Really have no clue where to put this. deerstags.com promo code: cyber18

I have pretty big feet (15W or 16 depending on the manufacturer) and it is hard to find shoes especially this quality this cheap. I got two pair for $82 after tax and free shipping.

1543286600588.png

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Any recommendations on a good professional work bag?

Define what you mean by work bag. Are you talking about a backpack to carry laptop and various things? Messenger bag? Or some other type of work that you do?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Used this as a network tech for a year at Boeing until I had to give it back when they terminated the contract. Was great, and had enough room for lots of stuff.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Personal opinion... don’t use a backpack. Get something leather doesn’t need to be formal. If you arent wearing a suit every day (just button down shirt / decent pants) just get it in brown.... and if you aren’t doing that go get some shirts and do it.

I used to Work for a research lab at mit and it took time for me to break bad habits. Now I have a C next to my title and actually have to inspire others to show up to work.

I still don’t wear suits though. I find badass shoes and wear a nice button up shirt and roll the sleeps up with a nice fitted Tuck. First thing people notice about you is your shoes, I’m a firm believer in that. I like near Oxford style shoes with a toe cap and a low amount of ornamentation. Like external stitching and that’s about it. Not crazy patterning etc.

I’ll cycle through khakis grey fitted pants, and even a pair of jeans with nice ass button downs to complement all worn tucked in with rolled up. Not recommending that to everyone but It suits me.

Shoes I do recommend to everyone. I also thing a button down shirt with sleeves rolled up looks way better than a short sleeve button down shirt.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Personal opinion... don’t use a backpack. Get something leather doesn’t need to be formal. If you arent wearing a suit every day (just button down shirt / decent pants) just get it in brown.... and if you aren’t doing that go get some shirts and do it.

I used to Work for a research lab at mit and it took time for me to break bad habits. Now I have a C next to my title and actually have to inspire others to show up to work.

I still don’t wear suits though. I find badass shoes and wear a nice button up shirt and roll the sleeps up with a nice fitted Tuck. First thing people notice about you is your shoes, I’m a firm believer in that. I like near Oxford style shoes with a toe cap and a low amount of ornamentation. Like external stitching and that’s about it. Not crazy patterning etc.

I’ll cycle through khakis grey fitted pants, and even a pair of jeans with nice ass button downs to complement all worn tucked in with rolled up. Not recommending that to everyone but It suits me.

Shoes I do recommend to everyone. I also thing a button down shirt with sleeves rolled up looks way better than a short sleeve button down shirt.
Pardon my ignorance but what does having a C next to your title mean?

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

If your dress is what you are relying to "inspire" your employees to show up and work, well you are an ignorant prick with zero real leadership qualities buddy.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Noodleface Noodleface i have direct reports and indirect reports, used to be an individual contributor Only.

ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy i try to lead by example in all aspects, dress Being one small part of that. Thanks for the vote of confidence, and out of context reading buddy! best wishes/happy holidays to you!

Last edited:

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
If I asked zyyzyzzy probably something like chief Douchebag or something to that effect lol.

Btw noodle props to you growing the beard out. I can’t handle having a long beard I no guard and keep stubble. Past a few days growth Bugs the hell out of me never could make it to the other side.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for the recommendations y’all. I should have been more specific about needs. I ended up going with:

1545827227112.jpeg

Fits the laptop and has plenty of room for legal pads and a few other items.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users