Men's Fashion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
If this hasn’t been said already:

if you’re tall or have a long torso, for the love of god invest in “Tall” size t shirts.

ive been wearing XL for a long time and noticed I didn’t have much room for error when I would lean over: the whole world gets to see my waistline or ass crack

tried everything from XXL shirts to air drying my shirts every time

just got a pack of XLT and the difference is night and day

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Quick list of shoes to Avoid:

10. Cole Haan
9. Bostonian
8. Aldo
7. Florsheim
6. Steve Madden
5. Kenneth Cole
4. Calvin Klein
3. Johnston & Murphy
2. Joseph Abboud
1. Stacy Adams

They recommend..

Here are a few of the brands we think you should consider:

* Beckett Simonon
* Apoint
* Thursday Boots
* Meermin
* Allen Edmonds
* Loake -

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider

10. Cole Haan
9. Bostonian
8. Aldo
7. Florsheim
6. Steve Madden
5. Kenneth Cole
4. Calvin Klein
3. Johnston & Murphy
2. Joseph Abboud
1. Stacy Adams

They recommend..

* Beckett Simonon
* Apoint
* Thursday Boots
* Meermin
* Allen Edmonds
* Loake -
All the brands they recommend are really expensive. I understand that they are higher quality and resoleable but how often do people resole and keep their shoes? I have Florsheim and rotate them daily and haven’t had any major issues.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ever since I started buying Allen Edmonds I haven't had to replace a single pair of shoes (some are close to 10 years old). I've never had to have them restitched or resoled either. It's a case of spending more up front to save money long term (they are also way more stylish).

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Kinda surprised. I walk for lunch every day and I'm guessing my leather soles will make it about 2 years

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
Ever since I started buying Allen Edmonds I haven't had to replace a single pair of shoes (some are close to 10 years old). I've never had to have them restitched or resoled either. It's a case of spending more up front to save money long term (they are also way more stylish).
I’ll show my wife your message! :cool:
How is the comfort level? My feet always hurt (20+ years of basketball pounding). I’m standing at my desk on a comfort pad in my socks. If I had my way I would wear these high top ugly af Nike Melo shoes since they are the most comfortable shoe I have worn. But I can’t because dress code.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>

10. Cole Haan
9. Bostonian
8. Aldo
7. Florsheim
6. Steve Madden
5. Kenneth Cole
4. Calvin Klein
3. Johnston & Murphy
2. Joseph Abboud
1. Stacy Adams

They recommend..

* Beckett Simonon
* Apoint
* Thursday Boots
* Meermin
* Allen Edmonds
* Loake -
I can't imagine the kind of chud that would take a pair of square toed steve madden's he got for $60 at macy's to a cobbler to be refurbished.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Kinda surprised. I walk for lunch every day and I'm guessing my leather soles will make it about 2 years

Well walking around on pavement/gravel is not something I did with any regularity. I rotated 3 different pairs over a ~5 year period and it was mostly just office life for them. I have worked from home for the last 3.5 years so don't really wear them much anymore but they are still in great shape.

How is the comfort level? My feet always hurt (20+ years of basketball pounding). I’m standing at my desk on a comfort pad in my socks. If I had my way I would wear these high top ugly af Nike Melo shoes since they are the most comfortable shoe I have worn. But I can’t because dress code.

As for comfort, they are very comfortable but they do require a bit of breaking in. Make sure to get the right width because they are very stiff/good leather and I can see them killing your feet if they are too narrow. I don't have any foot issues though so I'm just giving you my normie opinion.

Crone

Comfort is very much based on use case as well. I bought a pair of Allen Edmonds, the Exchange Place cap toes, and they are not that comfortable. But I've found that in my line of work where I'm standing most of the day, aside from a sneaker, or basketball shoe as you say, there isn't going to be a shoe out there that isn't going to suck after a few hours.

Back when I was in a cube farm office environment? Could wear anything, because I was on my feet for less than a couple hours a day, split out over an 8 hour stretch.

They say don't wear Cole Haan, but I'm with Mario. I ain't going to be sending them to a cobbler to get re-soled, I'm going to just go buy another cheap pair. However, these Cole Haan's, which I think took the inspiration from when they were with Nike are seriously fucking comfortable, even for my fat ass.

Khane

Those are $200 golf shoes crone. You're paying 200 bucks for a pair of office FootJoys.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Those are $200 golf shoes crone. You're paying 200 bucks for a pair of office FootJoys.
What are Foot joys? is that expensive? I'm clearly not fancy enough to understand your references.

• 1Supertaster
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I agree that tennis shoes with 1 inch rubber soles are more comfortable than dress shoes

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried the “soak boots in water” method of breaking in my new Alden 403’s, and it worked pretty damn well... after wearing them for 13 hours while they dried completely. They took Obenauf’s LP really well after they’d dried.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Brooks brothers filed for bankruptcy today, maybe a good time to look out for sales. Closing 3 US factories and a bunch of stores. I expect its future to be all products made overseas and continue on the path to being just an upscale Jos. A. Bank.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Brooks brothers filed for bankruptcy today, maybe a good time to look out for sales. Closing 3 US factories and a bunch of stores. I expect its future to be all products made overseas and continue on the path to being just an upscale Jos. A. Bank.
BB is garbage. Good riddance.

BB khakis were solid. I never felt inclined to get much more there. I think I bought a Dunhill ascot in the late 90's at one. (I will post a pic of it, it's very important to have an ascot.)

T-Shirts. I have been wearing calvin klein black t's most days a week since....

They are still nicely made. The cotton is most excellent. I cannot overstate how excellent the cotton is for the price. I do not get how people wear things like Hanes T shirts. They do not work. It is like burlap compared to goat's vagina.

With CK t's, unless you want to revisit the grunge era, you should probably ditch them after a few months and get another batch. I tend to some years wear newish ones a lot, other times I go derelique. I tend to be stuck in time, so I still wear shorts and a t in winter if I am just running around doing errands. ck black t. decades now.

I should go to light in the box com and start a new look. This:
Screenshot_2020-10-21 [$9 89] Men's Daily T-shirt Graphic Print Short Sleeve Tops Streetwear E...png

Yeah. That sold 138.

This, this is the loner's shirt:
Screenshot_2020-10-21 [$9 89] Men's Daily T-shirt Graphic Print Short Sleeve Tops Streetwear E...png

1 sold. hell yeah.