Metal Gear Solid V

Chris

Potato del Grande
The parachute thing is the most retarded thing I have seen in a game, ever.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Now I loved Metal Gear Solid, LOVED it. On a whim, since part 5 is coming out soon, I decided to check out Ground Zeroes. Only ten minutes into it and I'm already getting frustrated. Dealing with every button on an already complex controller having multiple functions may be the standard for modern big-budget games, but it's a pain in the ass. Looking around (just looking!) for extended periods of time to try to make sure the coast is clear, only to finally take two steps and immediately be spotted by something I didn't notice is also annoying. Every Metal Gear game is like that, but I find myself becoming less and less tolerant of it. Maybe I'm not as young as I used to be and am better suited for casual games than "tactical espionage action". Obviously there's still a market for them so I might be in the minority here, but I find it harder and harder to muster the patience required to get through them. Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the effort and polish that goes into making these, and I hope they continue to be successes, but I feel like I'm not cut out for stealth-based games any more.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Now I loved Metal Gear Solid, LOVED it. On a whim, since part 5 is coming out soon, I decided to check out Ground Zeroes. Only ten minutes into it and I'm already getting frustrated. Dealing with every button on an already complex controller having multiple functions may be the standard for modern big-budget games, but it's a pain in the ass. Looking around (just looking!) for extended periods of time to try to make sure the coast is clear, only to finally take two steps and immediately be spotted by something I didn't notice is also annoying. Every Metal Gear game is like that, but I find myself becoming less and less tolerant of it. Maybe I'm not as young as I used to be and am better suited for casual games than "tactical espionage action". Obviously there's still a market for them so I might be in the minority here, but I find it harder and harder to muster the patience required to get through them. Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the effort and polish that goes into making these, and I hope they continue to be successes, but I feel like I'm not cut out for stealth-based games any more.
Kojima Reveals Chicken Hat in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - IGN

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
A Moon Bat confirmed casual and bad.

Git gud motherfucker.

The main mode of the game can be completed in less than 5 minutes.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm hoping my only complaint will be the removal of Hayter as Snake.
Im meh on Hayter, pissed about how konami and kojima split, but expecting this to be kojimas magnum opus big time.

I really like the way GZ was set up and Im pretty excited for PP

Xalara

Golden Squire
The removal of Hayter as Snake has been confusing because in Japanese it's the same voice actor. Plus Hayter and Kojima are good friends. I wonder if it was a top down decision from Konami head office to remove Hayter? That or we'll find out Hayter is voicing Solid Snake at some point, which would be weird since he's a kid.

spronk

FPS noob
so 10/10 from gamespot and IGN so far, gamespot is pretty stingy with their 10/10 scores (only like 9 or 10 games so far with it) so thats pretty impressive. glad I ordered the CE although the baby dick arm is kinda weird

Here's a 12 min recap of the MGS storyline, i've only ever played the one with the big shell base (MGS 2 i think) so don't really know the story at all, shit sounds kinda retarded/funny in that anime/comic book way. looking forward to the latest and probably last hideo MGS game
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Video - Metal Gear Explained in 12 Minutes | GameTrailers

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I really wanted the CE, but completely forgot about it till like 2 weeks ago
frown.png

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I have the CE pre-ordered but I'm not sure it's worth $250Aus or wanting to give Konami any more than I have to given their treatment of Kojima

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So what's up with what I have been hearing about Pay Walls and Micro-Transactions? Doesn't seem to effect the single player game, but they still have not revealed details.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Well, without looking too far into it, I imagine the MP is going be like MGs4 where you can make yourself the most special snowflake with hats and shit.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'm of mixed opinion. I'd like to play it but why is it in a timeframe we've already had games bookending it? Perhaps I just am not enough of a MGS fan to "get it".