Microwave Cuisine

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
This is the ever-present danger of pizza rolls from the oven. Although incredibly delicious, each bite is Russian Roulette with scalding hot squirts of sauce that result in days of scar tissue in your mouth and dead taste buds.

I've become pretty good at avoiding these squirts of death, however. I generally take a small bite out of one corner of the pizza roll and squeeze the roll slightly to push out the built-up heat. This usually prevents the burst of boiling sauce when you go for the first big bite.
Pot pies are also like this. Preheat oven to 400, place pot pie in oven for 30 minutes, remove now 800 degree pot pie from oven and proceed to burn everything you know and love.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I always dismantle my pot pies before eating. Get it out of the little bowl it cooks in(this is tricky) and break up the crust and mix everything up. Only way to get the proper ratio of crust and fillings and make sure you eat every GD bit of it. When I see someone "finished" with their pot pie and it's just most of the top gone plus the filling but the entire side/bottom crust is still there I see red. "YOU ARE EATING IT WRONG YOU FOOL!"

Also, Marie Callender's big pot pies are pretty GD good from the microwave. Crust gets nice and crisp/flaky. Good shit, especially turkey.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
sup
0002370002028_500X500.jpg

tyson-grilled-and-ready.jpg

marie_callenders_beef_pot_pie_01.jpg

0002370002028_500X500.jpg

tyson-grilled-and-ready.jpg

marie_callenders_beef_pot_pie_01.jpg

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I don't prefer Marie Callendars pot pies - too much celery in them, which is just empty calories. Prefer the Swansons ones, but they're getting harder to find.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I lived off marie calendar pot pies in college, however after 4 years my cholesterol was 230 and tryglycerides were 350. Woa be to he

Costco has some boil bag / microwavable Gumbo that is pretty damn good, cant tell you the brand off the top of my head. I'll have to look for next trip out there.
and Yup alot of the Marie Calender stuff is not bad, fuckin pricey tho.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Costco can vary a lot depending on what part of the country you are in. Most Costcos carry a few local items. Here in KC they have Jackstack BBQ Burnt Ends in the refrigerated food section. Microwave those mofos up, add some more BBQ sauce to them and you have BBQ awesomeness overload.

I've never seen any microwavable gumbo here in KC...might be a southern thing only?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If one likes horse meat and lives in Europe, it's time to pick up supermarket lasagna or burgers, or go burger king etc. - up to a 100% horse meat instead of cattle, nice. Yay for the mafia and corrupt food control officials
smile.png

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...olded-timeline
Yummy yummy yummy I got horse in my tommy
eek.png
I think I posted it jokingly in the fast food thread, but what's the big deal about eating horse meat? It's massively popular in Central Asia (horse sausages, stewed meat, and other varieties) and it really doesn't taste that bad at all. At least with dogs/cats you have the cute and cuddley factor that makes eating them seem wrong, but horses are hardly different from cows.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I think I posted it jokingly in the fast food thread, but what's the big deal about eating horse meat? It's massively popular in Central Asia (horse sausages, stewed meat, and other varieties) and it really doesn't taste that bad at all. At least with dogs/cats you have the cute and cuddley factor that makes eating them seem wrong, but horses are hardly different from cows.
If horses are breed for and sold as horse meat it it's no problem, sure. These horses and donkeys used in this food scandal are of no such nature - no vet or food inspection, no history of medicine use, disease etc etc. It's the equivalent to eating a road kill - you don't know anything about the animal - it may or may not be disease ridden, full of harmful medicine etc etc.. That's not even counting the fraudulent nature of mislabeling - the products didn't state they contained horse meat. Yum yum
smile.png

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/gr...ry-meat-dinner
In fact, the horsemeat scandal is a scandal because it points to the lack of oversight as to what exactly ends up in the human food chain.

"The contamination of beef products with horsemeat raises issues of false labelling, food quality and traceability in the EU food chain," according to a statement by the European Food Safety Authority.

The fact that horsemeat is being sold as "beef" tells us a lot about the general lack of ethics, transparency and respect for consumers. This scandal also emphasises how dangerous budget cuts are to financial and human resources needed for adequate food inspection and sampling. In fact, these are the main issues that I hear people talking about most often - not bute.
The reason might be here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...lation-changes
Food companies squeeze the supplier. They weren't prepared to give the suppliers more money, so it forced the suppliers to find cheap new sources."

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I don't prefer Marie Callendars pot pies - too much celery in them, which is just empty calories. Prefer the Swansons ones, but they're getting harder to find.
I like the Swanson ones as well. Those Callendars are like 1100 calories a piece. They need some empty calories. I love how they say 2 servings at 550. Yeah, cause I'm going to split that shit.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
3 days worth of salt in 5 minutes. Pretty good with a couple of slices of avocado though.

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Trader Joes is the end all for microwave cooking. I am snobby when it comes to food quality and I stay away from non fresh stuff, but there are a few things I'd eat from their freezers if it came down to it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last night I revived a recipe from my teens. It was, if anything, even more delicious.

Nuke breaded chicken patty most of the way(wrapped in paper towel for minimum sogginess), chop it up. Throw it in a tortilla and nuke a little longer to make that nice and warm and malleable. Dump some ranch on that bitch. Sprinkle the ranch with some chili powder. Throw some shredded lettuce in there. Attempt to roll it up in to a wrap and fail because you wildly overfilled it like every other time. Eat that shit and be stunned at how delicious it is.

Fucking great 3 minute zesty chicken wrap. I might try adding cheddar cheese to it next time. It's even better if you can find some sufficiently small popcorn chicken to use.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
www.tandoorchef.com> all frozen foods. Their Indian cuisine and their Thai cuisine are all great, near-restaurant or equal-to quality. They are becoming more readily available lately as they finally have signed a distribution contract with Kroger. Their Chicken Tikka Masala and Pad Thai are just fucking delicious!

rrr_img_72243.jpg

rrr_img_72244.jpg

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I know I can be all snobby about food, but there are days where I just want to microwave these things and eat a whole bag.

x5tdKGK.jpg

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
If you are looking for a healthy option that is microwaveable try perfectly steamed Edamame in 3 mins.

rrr_img_72250.jpg

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Last night I revived a recipe from my teens. It was, if anything, even more delicious.

Nuke breaded chicken patty most of the way(wrapped in paper towel for minimum sogginess), chop it up. Throw it in a tortilla and nuke a little longer to make that nice and warm and malleable. Dump some ranch on that bitch. Sprinkle the ranch with some chili powder. Throw some shredded lettuce in there. Attempt to roll it up in to a wrap and fail because you wildly overfilled it like every other time. Eat that shit and be stunned at how delicious it is.

Fucking great 3 minute zesty chicken wrap. I might try adding cheddar cheese to it next time. It's even better if you can find some sufficiently small popcorn chicken to use.
Next time you do this throw a tomato in it, and use BBQ sauce and bleu cheese instead of ranch.