Microwave Cuisine

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I eat one of these at work every weekday morning.
0007790050217_500X500.jpg
The truth

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any other microwave dinner ideas? Or easy meals made frozen, and easily microwaveable again? Wife and I moved into an apartment for 3 months temporarily and I can't stand the tiny kitchen, so we've been eating out way too much. Trying to stop that, and maybe start buying easy things to microwave?

Although in the end, that's probably not cheaper than just eating out. Fuck. I hate apartments.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If I were in your situation I'd just eat microwaveable breakfast items (Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, waffles, pancakes, breakfast burritos, etc.) for every meal.

Crone

Not a bad idea. lol Jimmy Dean makes some awesome stuff. We've been eating cereal a lot, because it's so damn hot and humid here in Phoenix.

Crone

Humid in Phoenix. Aren't you precious?

Just tuggin' your ballzak, Crone.
haha... it's our monsoon season. The one time a year that it gets stupid humid for a while. Within a month it'll be back to gorgeous weather.
smile.png

We have a chest freezer in our apartment , smaller 7.5 cubic foot one, so I should make use of that and load up on bulk microwaveable meals, and food. Never going to cook a damn thing in this place!

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
One of my go-to snacks, especially during football season, is to buy one of those triangle tubs of crumbled blue cheese and then fill it 1/4 of the way with tobasco and mix it all together. Eat with a spoon. Yum.
That sounds like it would look and smell so bad.

In an effort to find a no-bake cake recipe so I dont have to heat over up in 100 degree weather I've started making little mug cakes.

1-2-3 Microwave Cake (80 calories) Recipe | SparkRecipes

Takes two box cake mixes: Angel food cake + whatever cake (Chocolate, duh)

Mix it in the mug, add some water and chocolate chips or whatever, microwave a minute and it falls out of the mug moist and delicious.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any other microwave dinner ideas? Or easy meals made frozen, and easily microwaveable again?
I mentioned earlier in the thread, but chili works well for this. The whole thawing/reheating process isn't instant, but it doesn't suffer horribly from the process. Maybe want to add a little more chili powder if it's been frozen a while.

If you're really trying to save money buying prepared things isn't really the way to go. Frozen shit you can combine in to meals etc is the way to go. Frozen meatballs or fajita chicken strips aren't bad and have tons of uses. Take a shitty frozen cheese pizza and throw some chopped up meatballs or steak-ums up on it. Flavor country!

Crone

I mentioned earlier in the thread, but chili works well for this. The whole thawing/reheating process isn't instant, but it doesn't suffer horribly from the process. Maybe want to add a little more chili powder if it's been frozen a while.

If you're really trying to save money buying prepared things isn't really the way to go. Frozen shit you can combine in to meals etc is the way to go. Frozen meatballs or fajita chicken strips aren't bad and have tons of uses. Take a shitty frozen cheese pizza and throw some chopped up meatballs or steak-ums up on it. Flavor country!
Ya, saving money is the "intent" , and I use quotes, because my wife will believe it saves money over going out, but for us, we're either trading a grocery bill, for restaurants, or vice versa. It's all about the same.

I'm mainly looking for better than average tasting things to make in a microwave, because as stated Grimm, sometimes you just don't wanna cook or go get something. Some great ideas already in this thread as well.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Beef stew works well, any stew I am sure. Chili, as Grimm mentioned. Beans are good, something like red beans and rice will reheat really well in a microwave.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I know it isn't the intent of the thread but we've been using eMeals.com for the last two years and it has been great. Can continue in one of the other threads but I'm a big supporter.

Forgot to quote but that was to Crone

Crone

I know it isn't the intent of the thread but we've been using eMeals.com for the last two years and it has been great. Can continue in one of the other threads but I'm a big supporter.

Forgot to quote but that was to Crone
That shit's free? I mean I figured things out there like this existed, but this almost seems to good to be free... lol.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Any other microwave dinner ideas? Or easy meals made frozen, and easily microwaveable again? Wife and I moved into an apartment for 3 months temporarily and I can't stand the tiny kitchen, so we've been eating out way too much. Trying to stop that, and maybe start buying easy things to microwave?

Although in the end, that's probably not cheaper than just eating out. Fuck. I hate apartments.
BLT's

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had some leftover mac and cheese but when I checked my bottle of Frank's it was almost empty. But it had all that thick Frank's residue all up in it. So I dumped a little distilled white vinegar in the bottle and shook that shit up. I'm kind of a genius.

Cybsled

Trader Joes is your friend for nukable food.

Although if you do have a regular oven, there is an easy meal that requires virtually no prep time and you just have to wait for it to cook. Heat your oven to like 425 or so. Get a big ass piece of aluminum foil and lay it on a cookie sheet. You know those frozen chicken breast tenderloin things they sell? Just the raw chicken breast but they are trimmed down and frozen and usually in a bag? Toss a couple of those on the tin foil. Then pour some olive oil on them (not a ton, just enough to coat them some). Then toss some frozen precut veggies in there...they're easy to find at any supermarket. I usually prefer a "Mediterranean mix" I get at the store that has onions, red bell peppers, zucinni, squash, etc. You can toss frozen mushrooms if you want, or maybe some rice. Whatever you like. Something to go with the chicken. Next, get some good tomato sauce. I usually use a spicy arrabica tomato sauce. Just dump some on the chicken/veggies. Little, lot. Whatever. Now, the foil...make sure you didn't overload the foil because you are going to fold the foil into a pouch (use that to guide how much stuff you are adding). Like fold up the sides like you are making a boat and pinch the foil together like you're making a pouch/giant potsticker. Do the same for the ends. So in the end everything is kind of folded inside a sealed foil pouch on top of the cookie sheet. Now throw it in the oven and let it cook for like 40+ minutes. Then take it out and you can either serve from that point (if you did the pouch right, all the liquid/sauce will be inside the foil "boat"/pouch. Get a bigass spoon to just serve stuff onto a plate if you don't want to make a mess. Makes cleanup easy since you can chuck the foil pouch+leftover sauce/stuff into the trash after) or you can open the top of the foil pouch (steam...be careful! I use a butterknife sometimes to avoid that) and I throw it back into the oven for a bit so the meal gets a little direct heat exposure (and steam off a bit of the liquid).

Anyways, that is my go-to lazyman meal when I don't want something prepared or nuked, but I'm too lazy to prepare an involved meal. What is great about it is you can pretty much toss it in the oven after minimal effort and go watch a TV show or mess around on the PC while it cooks. It is also pretty hard to overcook, so it's not like those oven meals or a frozen pizza where you forget you had it in the oven and it is all charred because you left it in 3 minutes too long

Anyways, try that out and impress your wife ;P

Cybsled

He said they are just too lazy to cook/hate their tiny ass kitchen, not that they don't have an oven ;p I gave them a lazy alternative
wink.png